Hanger

Updated December 4, 2014
2.3

Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar
Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • Unlimited resources, Education fair is good (in 3 reviews)

• Helping people with disablilties have a better day and life after they leave our office (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A little biasness from management, open door policy does not realy exist (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, Don't value employees, Only care about numbers not so much about patients (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

This is the worst job and leadership I ever had in my life!!!!! Go there only if you are desperate.

I worked at Hanger

Pros

Just to have an income I guess

Cons

Expect you to never make a mistake even if you only been on the job a few days. Dont care about patients or employees just money and numbers. Most of the staff were utter trash, and looked and carried themselves that way. Management were constantly speading employees private business amoung the company and to other employees. The list goes on, just a horrible place to be.

Replace yourself

hanger

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible hours, work life balance was alright... a typical sales job. Work hard you can make good money, benefits are good.

Cons

management sucks, pay is not up to par, hanger clinic views themselves much better than the outside world. Great co-workers who will have the same complaints as you.

get a clue

Just horrible

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Says I must enter 5 words.

Cons

Great company. Just Horrible corporate management

Fire the exec staff completely and hire people that actually care to do a great job with great people. Great leaders do not bully their employees; they cultivate and teach so that they become leaders.

WORST JOB EVER

I worked at Hanger full-time (less than an year)

Pros

pay was okay nothing great.

Cons

WORSE TRAINING EVER- I was trained not even for one week and the management team expects you to learn everything even if you are new and have no clue what is going on in a busy office. They can care less about you as an employer, WORST STAFF AND CLINICIANS- very rude, heartless, and cold people, they say the lamest jokes, the clinicians were very unprofessional by throwing out F-Bombs and cursing like sailors. I was constantly getting yelled at by one of the clinicians due to petty mistakes ( EVEN IN FRONT OF PATIENTS) , belittled, and had sarcastic jokes about my performance implemented upon me. Sexual innuendos between male and female staff members made on a daily basis, very trashy place and hostile environment to work in.

Hire professionals with more substance to them as human beings. Pathetic that I had to experience working with bitter and heartless clinicians who have zero substance to them. I do not even think they were human beings, pigs have more substance as animals they they could ever have. Worst experience ever, worst job ever, disgusting!

Great people shaky leadership

Current Employee - BDM in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - BDM in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoy what we stand for. Not micro managed. Work hard but set your schedule

Cons

Janger is in transition and I'm am not sure the executive team has a clear strategy going forward.

Listen to the people in the market everyday speaking to real patients and hospitals. It does no good to lock executives that have backgrounds in other industries in a room and have them set the course for our future.

Poor CEO Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company mission incredibly self rewarding, dedicated and loyal employee base, competitive salary, great corporate office environment.

Cons

The company lacks an experienced CEO that understands how to build a successful organization. Vinit Asar demonstrates a leadership style that demands respect, exercises manipulative tactics, conducts deceitful actions, and delivers a condescending experience with other leaders across the organization. After serving nearly six years of total service with the company, and the past three as president, he continues to fall short on fostering / building standards across all business lines and endorsing the effort (with action) to operate as a billion dollar organization. Vinit presents an impressive "Smoke and Mirrors" illusion with the Board of Directors, but the drastic drop in stock price since taking over as CEO, should present a realistic understanding of the true stat of the company. It's entertaining to hear the leadership team talk about "Strong Leaders" when they harbor a wink link at the top.
    As long as Vinit continues to be in the position as CEO at Hanger, they will never reach their full potential within the market space and hit projected profits as forecasted. How many missed quarters does it take and drop in stock price (almost 50%) before someone realizes the core problem.

BOD - don't take my word, conduct an investigation and poll the leadership population on Vinits value and lack of leadership integrity.

Advice to Vinit - you can't demand respect, you need to earn it. If you don't respect others how do you expect others to respect you?

Depends on the office

Former Employee - Board Eligible Orthotist/Certified Pedorthist in Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Board Eligible Orthotist/Certified Pedorthist in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are in aa good office, it is wonderful. You work as a team. You have meetings to discuss what is happening and how best to handle certain patients. People are supportive, helpful and cooperative.

Cons

If you are in the wrong office, none of that takes place. You become an independent contractor with no feeling of unity.

Show up at the office and see how the office functions or doesn't.

Great company, boss was weird

Former Employee - Insignia Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Insignia Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hanger full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company was really great, and I felt that if it was my chosen field that there would be a lot of chance for opportunity. However there is a lot of the old culture that is still very well embedded within the management team, this however makes it hard to do things. Well, I can't necessarily speak for all of the senior leadership in regards to this but my boss had this issue.

Cons

MY particular department was lead by a boss who only worked well within a team of 1.

Doing well, just need to weed out the old blood.

Poorly run

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay. Great benefits. Growing company

Cons

Management is a joke. Completely unorganized.

Only take the IT job offer if you really need a job

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free coffee/pop
    Good social events
    Lots of friendly people

Cons

Command and control style in IT
    IT manager talks the talk but not walks the walk
    Management is not concerned > 50% of team members left one development team
    Don't value employees (especially individual contributor)
    Most people in the IT department leave with in the first year.
    There was also quite a bit of in fighting between the different IT groups and also within the same IT team
    Don't be fool there is no open door policy, leadership team can't take the truth so don't dare to speak up

Find managers willing to stand up for their employees, and not just a YES man to the executives
    Please don't keep manager who is simply good at passing the blame and the spin game
    Vinit and CIO need to listen to what they are being told by HR and not what they are hearing from their direct reports (VP, director)