Hanger Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar
Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • Unlimited resources, Education fair is good (in 3 reviews)

• Helping people move on with their lives after limb loss or orthopedic conditions (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A little biasness from management, open door policy does not realy exist (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, Don't value employees, Only care about numbers not so much about patients (in 4 reviews)

Sr Office Administration

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Big company with a small company feel. No weekends My particular manager is easy to work for but some are not. Depends what market your in. Does have good benefits

Cons

Implements new programs before thoroughly testing them them has to f/up with too many emails n do this do that. Also salary way too low for. Multiple responsibilities required of us. Too many inventory times per year ¬ allowing vacations during that time. Some markets the manager will give a better bonus to the employees

Advice to Management

Bonus should be not divided between all but by those who worked hard. Also give your hard working employees yearly raises as they never get coast of living raises.

Great place to start

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Hanger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with like minded people. The pay is good for entry level positions. Really relaxed environment and they have a great team that organizes gatherings for the employees.

Cons

Management will always tell you that you're one step closer to that promotion but they will never give it to you. They're afraid to level up IT workers because it "takes to much time"

Advice to Management

Just be honest.

3. Staff Accountant

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere, good pay

Cons

Many hours, no work life balance, manual work.

5. Collection Supervisor

Current Employee - Collections Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Collections Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hanger gave me experience in DME billing and Collections

Cons

The division I worked for closed

Reasonably good company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Reno, NV

I worked at Hanger full-time

Pros

Salary quite good Benefits decent - about average for industry Bonuses Management fairly reasonable at corporate office Team building for corporate office good

Cons

No part time allowed or flexible work arrangements (at least for IT) Corporate parent often very controlling and making short sighted, self-destructive decisions Two years to vest for 401k Health insurance may be average, but still very expensive Subsidiaries/Remote divisions left out in the cold for most everything

Advice to Management

Either let the companies you have purchased operate with more autonomy, or participate and communicate enough to know what they really need and make decisions that are informed on their behalf. Managing remote companies is inherently difficult - try to stop making arbitrary decisions that waste money and effort and that are ultimately not in anyone's best interest (including your own).

Pathetic

Former Employee - Orthotist & Prosthetist/Area Practice Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Hanger (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good education fair. Strong industry base.

Cons

Since losing Ivan Sable, CEO, the company has been misled by executives from other industries that have no idea how to run an O&P based business; the disaster pus stock decline proves it.

Advice to Management

Replace all upper leadership including the CEO. Oxygen salesmen don't have the knowledge or experience to be zone VP's. Regional VP's should interview for their positions instead of being chosen through long term friendships. Hanger needs to be treated like a real company instead of a fraternity.

Uphill battle

I have been working at Hanger full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company provides great support with education on new technology

Cons

I don't feel the executive branch of the company understands how this industry works. It's like giving a 4yo a hamster. They love it modify it till they kill it.

Advice to Management

Protocols to save money also hurt our ability to provide the great service we've always provided. We need an experience captain that can get us through the bad weather.

9. Wonderful, client and employee focused company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

The company has a wonderful commitment to their mission. Employees are selected at random to meet with the CEO to give feedback-one of my concerns was resolved by the end of the day. Great employee focused culture - frequent team parties, celebrations, recognition.

Cons

None I have experienced so far.

10. Hans

Pros

Good pay, Good Management, Awesome Team

Cons

Nothing bad in my experience

Needs an overhaul

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros

The end product makes lives better for people. The company has many well intentions, and most of the employees are good. Decent benefits, esp if you are single. Lots of potential, but the culture needs to change.

Cons

Massive amounts of red tape and crisis management. Upper management doesn't seem to truly understand the impacts of some of their decisions on the front lines. Focused more on short term numbers rather than looking at the bigger picture. Training is very poor, and it causes high turnover in the admin staff.

Advice to Management

Spend a couple weeks at a branch and see how much of the time is spent doing work, versus navigating inefficiencies.

RSS Feed </> Embed