Hanger Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
2.4

Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar
Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • Unlimited resources, Education fair is good (in 3 reviews)

• Helping people with disablilties have a better day and life after they leave our office (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A little biasness from management, open door policy does not realy exist (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, Don't value employees, Only care about numbers not so much about patients (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

The worst 11 years of my non-existent career

Former Employee - Office Administrator

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free coffee & amazing patients

Cons

Someone that mopped floors for a college for 2 years gets paid more than me...

This company treats the actual money makers like second class trash. Your work ethic is not valued verbally or monetarily. Management will tell you flat out that you are worthless & work harder. If you threaten to make a complaint against management the manager tells you to shut up or corporate will crush you. My own manager said flat out "just because you've been an employee for a long time, know all the contracts, & can handle the heavy workload doesn't mean your management material". But the year before he was talking to his boss about getting my "paperwork" done to be promoted. 11 years of my life to hear that statement drove me to tears...in front of him. Management needs to listen to their employees a.k.a. The bottom feeders of the company b.k.a. Office administrators. You get surveys to speak your opinion. How come no one can see their employee evaluation? You can log in but it's blank? Why is the open door policy not available outside of the office? Why does my manager who was grandfathered in to be a manager decide my career goals...when he has no goals for me but to work as a legal paid slave? Lies of advancement, lack of proper (and legal) management, & "boys club" behavior is what drove me away. After a while you get offended as being referred to as "cheap" labor.

IT not the "it" place to be

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros

Company's mission worthwhile
    Great office location in "village" environment
    Some good people to work with
    Good CEO

Cons

The rest of senior leadership clueless, superficial
    CIO means well, but says one thing and does opposite, can't take the truth, so don't dare speak up
    No career path, unless you're exceptionally good at passing the blame and the spin game
    People, especially leadership, in the wrong roles, especially in IT
    Dysfunctional PMO, and a PM who has never delivered, but gets lots of recognition

Very high attrition rate in IT - wake up people, there's a reason for it
    There are those in senior leadership roles who should be moved
    Very poor reputation in the IT community as a place to avoid
    Lacking in community outreach
    More concerned about acquiring companies than developing people they already have
    Big company with small mentality

Top of the line prosthetics & Orthotics company

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Spring Valley, NY
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Spring Valley, NY

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are great to work with. The environment is faced paced and challenging, but there is ample support. One can also transfer to other locations throughout the country which makes relocating much simpler.

Cons

The training environment was insufficient. The salary was competitive but not amazing. Benefits were OK. The offices are small, so if one does not get along with other members of the team it can be very stressful.

The product is amazing, however there are inconsistencies between offices. Training team members could be done a lot better.

Progressive health care company providing prosthetic and orthopedic services

Current Employee - Certified Orthotist
    Current Employee - Certified Orthotist

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative in establishing clinical care to patients and referral sources. Company keeps up with the changing health care market and is able to change and adapt.

Cons

Levels of opportunity and advancement within the clinical environment are very difficult to come by. Upper management does not seem to be in touch with day to day issues that happen within a branch.

office

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Love the working environment and the challenges. Learn something new everyday.

Cons

There are cons to every job but the pros far out weigh the cons.

Keep the lines of communication open

The company means well but is battling in a difficult healthcare environment

Current Employee - CPO, Practice Manager
    Current Employee - CPO, Practice Manager

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The oportunity to do good things for the patients that require our services

Cons

The challenging environment of healthcare reimbursement. Continual negativity in battling for reimbursement and not getting paid for the services we perform.

Fix your compensation/reward program. It is undefined, unclear and counterproductive.

Accounts Receivables Specialist

Former Employee - Accounts Receivables Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivables Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible, family like environment, ethical corporation .

Cons

Annual salary increases are based on corporate decisions not based upon your individual work ethic.

"Raise the bar, lower the pay" Theme

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is for a good cause. The commute is easy. Job security for those who keep quiet and look busy, even those that are incompetent. Benefits are so-so.

Cons

Low pay, bonuses are cut regularly, and promotion are so rare that sideways moves are repeatedly, publicly celebrated and called promotions. Corporate employees are not supposed to work VO, except on the weekends and after hours, because "it is proven that employees dont work as much from home". No trust between management and employees. The pettiness, cronyism, and lack of flexability, all wrapped up in an ugly red tape bow, are enough to run off most Austinites.

Trust goes both ways or not at all.

Typical 21st century big company. Some things good and some not so good.

Current Employee - CPO in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - CPO in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Continuing education is an excellent program. Health benefits are fairly good. Great resource to get help professionally due to the size. This quality is often lacking in smaller companies.
    The knowledge and experience of many professionals.

Cons

Not much of a chance to advance unless your are related to those over you in management.
    A laughable bonus program. The company has made it nearly impossible to achieve a bonus. The company expects a 10% increase in revenue each year, but raises are few and far between. Extremely poor compensation for demanding and time consuming "on call".

Listen to those who are making the money for the company. That would be the clinicians and OAs. It would be nice if the leadership actually had a background in the O & P business. All to often, employees who excel in their job never get the financial compensation to match their contribution to the company. Others who don't deserve it get promoted and probably should be fired (nepotism).

I would say 50% negative, 50% positive. I was there long enough to have been given a better deal, but alas, I was not.

Former Employee - Office Administrator

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours were good, and it was relatively close to home. I was able to either walk there or take trains.

Cons

Management was very negative, overbearing and extremely judgemental. Played favorites all over the place. I also feel that you are not allowed the opportunity to defend your point or speak up for yourself. It is put up or shut up with Hanger.

Fire all the blow hards and get someone who gives a hoot. There is more to life than your dyed blond hair and your pocket books lady.