Hanger

Updated December 4, 2014
2.3

Hanger President & CEO Vinit K. Asar
Vinit K. Asar

Pros
  • Unlimited resources, Education fair is good (in 3 reviews)

• Helping people with disablilties have a better day and life after they leave our office (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A little biasness from management, open door policy does not realy exist (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, Don't value employees, Only care about numbers not so much about patients (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst Mistake of my life

Former Employee - IT
    Former Employee - IT

I worked at Hanger full-time

Pros

They hire good talent, lots of friendly people

Cons

Management has no clue how to manage a company much less it's employees. Most people in the IT department leave with in the first year. You are also graded on what you did wrong and not what you have done right. There was also quite a bit of in fighting between the different groups and organizations.

Quit, find someone who can communicate with ALL the employees, Find managers willing to stand up for their employees, and don't fire the ones that do. Also talk to the recruiters trying to fill the open heads, Hanger has a bad reputation.

Top level management of Hanger Clinic needs to be evaluated.

Current Employee - Orthotist & Prosthetist/Practice Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Orthotist & Prosthetist/Practice Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with span from east to west coast. Good core values. Great education fair. Good support for the administrative and clinic staff.

Cons

Strong focus on top line but no focus on employee advancement or retention. Strong movement towards less educated practitioners to reduce compensation and effect the bottom line. Employee bonus program has been stripped of any incentive. Human resource department does little to support employees. Little marketing support.

Top level management should review the ethics and morals of the Zone Vice President level management. Alcoholism coupled with slandering fellow employees is not professional and a poor representation of the company as a whole. Leaders need to be held accountable for their actions and be held to the same standards as the employees. Hopefully, the new President of Hanger Clinic will evaluate and replace those that do not represent themselves as leaders or role models. A great company that needs a cleansing.

Company that cares about the bottom line, not employees

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you can look past the corporate issues, it is for a good cause; enjoyable people to work with; location of headquarters is in a nice area.

Cons

Upper management willing to let their team work overtime/weekend instead of hiring more people; company reacts to threats and employees leaving instead of celebrating your successes by offering promotions and raises; very few opportunities to grow; consistently hiring outside of the company instead of growing individuals

Possible positive change in the near future, however, the investments could have been made earlier and could have changed corporate culture. Be more proactive than reactive.

IT was ok

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes you can have a good time if you dont mind doing other peoples job

Cons

No place to growth, they will hire someone else before offering you the next position if you are not a senior in the office

The worst 11 years of my non-existent career

Former Employee - Office Administrator
    Former Employee - Office Administrator

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free coffee & amazing patients

Cons

Someone that mopped floors for a college for 2 years gets paid more than me...

This company treats the actual money makers like second class trash. Your work ethic is not valued verbally or monetarily. Management will tell you flat out that you are worthless & work harder. If you threaten to make a complaint against management the manager tells you to shut up or corporate will crush you. My own manager said flat out "just because you've been an employee for a long time, know all the contracts, & can handle the heavy workload doesn't mean your management material". But the year before he was talking to his boss about getting my "paperwork" done to be promoted. 11 years of my life to hear that statement drove me to tears...in front of him. Management needs to listen to their employees a.k.a. The bottom feeders of the company b.k.a. Office administrators. You get surveys to speak your opinion. How come no one can see their employee evaluation? You can log in but it's blank? Why is the open door policy not available outside of the office? Why does my manager who was grandfathered in to be a manager decide my career goals...when he has no goals for me but to work as a legal paid slave? Lies of advancement, lack of proper (and legal) management, & "boys club" behavior is what drove me away. After a while you get offended as being referred to as "cheap" labor.

IT not the "it" place to be

Current Employee - Undisclosed in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Undisclosed in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hanger full-time

Pros

Company's mission worthwhile
    Great office location in "village" environment
    Some good people to work with
    Good CEO

Cons

The rest of senior leadership clueless, superficial
    CIO means well, but says one thing and does opposite, can't take the truth, so don't dare speak up
    No career path, unless you're exceptionally good at passing the blame and the spin game
    People, especially leadership, in the wrong roles, especially in IT
    Dysfunctional PMO, and a PM who has never delivered, but gets lots of recognition

Very high attrition rate in IT - wake up people, there's a reason for it
    There are those in senior leadership roles who should be moved
    Very poor reputation in the IT community as a place to avoid
    Lacking in community outreach
    More concerned about acquiring companies than developing people they already have
    Big company with small mentality

Top of the line prosthetics & Orthotics company

Former Employee - Office Administrator in Spring Valley, NY
    Former Employee - Office Administrator in Spring Valley, NY

I worked at Hanger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are great to work with. The environment is faced paced and challenging, but there is ample support. One can also transfer to other locations throughout the country which makes relocating much simpler.

Cons

The training environment was insufficient. The salary was competitive but not amazing. Benefits were OK. The offices are small, so if one does not get along with other members of the team it can be very stressful.

The product is amazing, however there are inconsistencies between offices. Training team members could be done a lot better.

office

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Love the working environment and the challenges. Learn something new everyday.

Cons

There are cons to every job but the pros far out weigh the cons.

Keep the lines of communication open

Progressive health care company providing prosthetic and orthopedic services

Current Employee - Certified Orthotist
    Current Employee - Certified Orthotist

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative in establishing clinical care to patients and referral sources. Company keeps up with the changing health care market and is able to change and adapt.

Cons

Levels of opportunity and advancement within the clinical environment are very difficult to come by. Upper management does not seem to be in touch with day to day issues that happen within a branch.

The company means well but is battling in a difficult healthcare environment

Current Employee - CPO, Practice Manager
    Current Employee - CPO, Practice Manager

I have been working at Hanger full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The oportunity to do good things for the patients that require our services

Cons

The challenging environment of healthcare reimbursement. Continual negativity in battling for reimbursement and not getting paid for the services we perform.

Fix your compensation/reward program. It is undefined, unclear and counterproductive.