Hanna Andersson

www.hannaandersson.com

Hanna Andersson Reviews

Updated May 27, 2014
Hanna Andersson – “Hanna Andersson”

Adam Stone

Great place to work

Key Holder (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people are great, both the coworkers and the customers. Amazing product that you can believe in and sells itself.

ConsHealth benefits are only offered to full time employees, which stinks because sometimes you are working over 40 hours a week including overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better health benefits for part time employees or allow them to move up to full-time since most of them are working full time hours.

It's a pleasure working at Hanna Andersson--just need to be able to move up in the company...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPleasant workplace.
    Amazing product with amazing quality, and high customer service standards--it makes your job a joy.

ConsLittle room for upward job mobility

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the little people--they are on the front lines and can give you great advice.
    Hire store managers who are team builders..Look also at your in-store talent...

Used to be a great company to work for

ProsGreat merchandise, good people to work with

ConsDisconnect between corporate and store management, no advancement beyond sales lead

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Has been a blesssing

ProsGreat standards and business practices.

ConsSlow growth in up word mobility.

So far, so good!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe company places strong value in having satisfied employees. Good benefits, strong communication and the feeling that the door is always open.

ConsLimited room for growth and hiring of permanent staff.

Good and Bad Experiences

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL

ProsI really enjoy the company and brand. I enjoyed learning about their various products and requirements, such as their product safety measures and european sizing. They also have a fantastic return policy and really strive for customer satisfaction. I felt like it was a great customer service focused atmosphere. The customers were friendly and open, easy to approach and interact with. Friendly staff for the most part. Majority of employees have been with the company for a year or longer. They were knowledgeable and a great resource if I had questions. Overall, I felt like I had some great experiences there.

ConsThere is little room for advancement. The company will promote from within but there are very few openings to move into. When I spoke with a manager regarding the potential for advancement she commented "well the only position you would be qualified for would be the key-holder position and i don't see _______ going anywhere anytime soon" and walked away from our conversation. The same manager would schedule me for long shifts on Saturdays. (Long=over 9hrs) When I attempted to discuss with the same manager my need for a shorter shift at least every other weekend for school work, she initially agreed but after two weeks I was back to working long Saturdays. The same manager would also use me as an example if I did something improperly, like folding an item. She would call attention to my mistake or make me fold the item over and over while other employees watched until I got it right. At times it was not a comfortable workplace and I did feel targeted and isolated. While I did have some great experiences at Hanna, these negative experiences caused me to leave and find employment elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to have the same customer service focused atmosphere. Work to create a more comfortable understanding atmosphere, don't penalize or embarrass employees for making mistakes. I would like to see more advancement opportunities, but it is a small company with few stores.

Great company

Sales Associate (Current Employee) North Bethesda, MD

ProsGreat company to work for

ConsNot enough hours during the week

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my manager

great team environment, learn how to do EVERYTHING in retail, good benefits for fulltime

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros+Great team environment! Everyone is involved in selling, markdowns, floor moves, cleaning, returns, merchandizing, etc. If you show initiative and skill then you can do it! There is never a single employee doing the "dirty work". No commission and no zones.
    +It has the best quality in children's clothing. I can stand behind the product I sell.
    +Good discount

Cons-Not a lot of advancement opportunities due to the small size of the company
    -Not very diverse in advertisements/catalogs. The holiday season is very Christmas based.

Advice to Senior ManagementI find the management team extremely open in communications and have no need to post feedback anonymously online. Sales associates are well appreciated here!

A long drive down a gravel road.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsReasonably flexible in scheduling matters, many long-term employees, employee discount, child-care subsidy, mass transit subsidy, health care benefits, located in trendy Pearl District.

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement, dysfunctional interpsersonal relationships are allowed to flourish and color entire departments, there has been a wage freeze for over 2 years.

Precise

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood Company structure
    Good Technical response team
    Always openings

ConsCertain stores may not have as many hours as others

Advice to Senior ManagementThere could be more one-on-one confrences with employees about their future with the company

Worked for Hanna Andersson? Contribute to the Community!