Hanna Instruments

3.2

Martino Nardo

Excellent Work Environment!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at Hanna Instruments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The health care plan is top notch and is better than most larger companies. The vacation time is also very generous, with paid holidays and sick days. The company has decided to reinvent themselves with a new structure and values to better serve their customers as well. I also enjoy the great group of co-workers that are with Hanna. It is so hard, sometimes, to find a group that works well with one another.

Cons

The current structure is new and has been a challenge at times to adapt to. However, I see the benefits in the long run.

Thank you for being fair and allowing promotion from within. This core value will keep employees happy and keep Hanna moving forward.

Great people, low pay

I have been working at Hanna Instruments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at the company are great. Everyone is very friendly to the extent that they are willing to do things outside of work together. The benefits are up to par with most places.

Cons

Leadership can be disorganized. It's a big picture way of thinking without giving employees the tools or guidelines to get there. Pay is a low. It feels like there is very little room for advancement. There is little transparency and a high turnover rate.

Make expectations clearer and give more guidance to how to execute projects.

Too bad

I have been working at Hanna Instruments

Pros

Some good hardworking employees who keep the operation functioning

Cons

Look up the definition of poor leadership

Hanna Instruments is an excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at Hanna Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am fairly new at this company, but everyone here has been extremely friendly and helpful. The management staff are very approachable, and there is a feeling of unity in the workplace, with everyone helping one another get tasks done. The company is very understanding when it comes to time off, letting me take a previously planned vacation just weeks after I started. I thoroughly enjoy my job and the people I work with.

Cons

There are some days when there are not a whole lot of orders coming in, so it can get a little slow at times. But in this down time, there are always little tasks that need to get done that help the day go by faster.

I really have nothing bad to say about any of the management here. All of the management staff that I have met, or interact with on a daily basis, are very friendly, full of advice, and willing to take time out of their day to help me.

Great Group

Former Employee - Technical Sales
    Former Employee - Technical Sales

I worked at Hanna Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

From day one, the employees openly excepted me and took me under their wings. Everyone was eager to help me learn and hit the ground running. Awesome benefits package after 90 days and management was very flexible when I needed time for doctor visits or family emergencies.

Cons

This company is growing rapidly and needs to staff more qualified employees to help keep up to the market demand. I would still work there if I didn't have to relocate with my significant other.

A terrible place to work

I have been working at Hanna Instruments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are many outstanding people that work there. Too bad, none of them are in management positions.

Cons

Terrible leadership. They promote people that have no knowledge of the departments they are managing. They expect the world out of their employees yet growth, pay, and appreciation are not there. They build offices and let idiots who are nt business savvy run them. This will lead to another failed attempt.

Stop listening to a select few. You need to stick to one structure. Too much change creates a terrible environment.

Overall happy

I have been working at Hanna Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the environment and the nature of my job.

Cons

Sometimes management can be a bit unorganized.

Best Kept Secret!!!

I have been working at Hanna Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been working at Hanna full time for under a year. Didn't realize a family owned global company, this great to work with, was right in our back door here in RI. Management is flexible to work with you on projects and provide ongoing training and support. Corporate culture is great and I really enjoy the team dynamic and people I work with. Great medical and benefits package. Vacation plan is better than any company I've worked with. Company is very generous with holiday time off. A lot of room for growth and career advancement. Mon-Fri schedule with evenings and weekends off. Casual dress on Friday's is nice. Opportunity to travel is great. If you're looking for a long-term career and opportunity to grow with a company, Hanna is a great fit for the long haul.

Cons

I actually reviewed Glass Door prior to interviewing with Hanna. I was a little apprehensive based on some of the cons written by others. I certainly can't speak for others, but I've found Hanna to be the best kept secret in RI. Every company is made up of people and people aren't perfect. So, if you're looking for a perfect company keep searching. Being a family owned company brings strengths and weaknesses. Strengths are above. Challenge would be the company is nimble so the management can adjust some of their focus more easily to grow the company and serve the customers. This brings change and if you can't adapt or handle a changing environment then it could be frustrating at times. If you're able to go with the flow and adjust and be a team player, you hardly even notice this as a problem.

Keep doing what you're doing. Great to be on board.

Dynamic workplace for young professionals

I have been working at Hanna Instruments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dynamic and fast paced - often undergoing multiple projects simultaneously, so there is never a dull moment. Hanna Instruments is committed to hiring young professionals and keeping them long term, so there are more immediate opportunities for professional development and growth than offered at most entry level positions. Recently implemented a great benefits package. Even new employees have a voice and visibility with upper management and CEO.

Cons

Can be disorganized. CEO and upper management have a lot of great "big picture" ideas but are lacking on the details, sometimes resulting in back tracking and duplicated efforts.

CEO and upper management inspire employees with big picture ideas, but provide no plan of action- this is especially problematic when an idea requires multiple departments to work together. Provide your employees a more detailed path on how to achieve the goals you set for them.

Do not take a position at this company!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Hanna Instruments full-time

Pros

Very rarely are you held accountable for anything you may do or say. Being mentally unstable is the norm here.

Cons

This company is one of the most poorly run organizations I have ever been a part of. There is NO human resources department, therefore the atmosphere is like a free for all, as no one is held accountable for any wrong doings. The upper management is completely unprofessional, openly swearing and discussing inappropriate topics within earshot of the entire office. Those who hold confidential information have no problem releasing it to whoever will listen. Upper management wants nothing to do with inter-office problems, therefore issues will linger for months creating animosity and hatred among employees.
    Most of the upper management have serious ego problems, and will say and do anything to reinforce their stature.

Go to management training and learn how to manage all types of people. The lack of professionalism will ultimately be the downfall of those in management.

Hanna Instruments Photos