Hannoush Jewelers

Updated May 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anthony Hannoush

Decent retail company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, if you like sales you'll do fine, they sell a lot of good quality products. Advancement opportunities are there if you work hard. Nice staff and upper management.

ConsCompetition can be fierce among co-workers. Other people can be catty and gossipy, don't join in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Hannoush family are 100% involved in the business, and are doing it right.

Buisness great. Co-workers not so much

ProsGreat manager and DM. Some people are constantly helping learn and grow.
    Love the company and working with people. The Hannoush family is very accessible to employees well and very involved in the business. Not just sitting there collecting profits.

ConsWorking in Jewelry means working with lots of women. And working on commission makes everyone work against each other. Those two combined means that so called "management" can be more concerned with their personal sales than the store. And LITERALLY push you out of sales.
    Also pay is not the best to start out. If you work hard and do your best you'll feel underpaid. But if you sit around and do just enough to get by itll feel like fair pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour best sellers are not always good managers/assistant managers. Often putting your best sellers in management is a recipie for disaster.

The best company I have ever worked for, period.

Manager (Current Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsDecent starting pay, and promotion opportunities are through the roof. If you want to move up and take on responsibility, this company is getting bigger by the minute. Family owned, and it shows. Supportive environment of nurturing talent and caring about you like you're family, even if you're not. You will feel like you have a voice, because you do. Direct access to higher-ups and decision makers.

ConsSlackers need not apply. You are expected to work hard at your job, but you will be rewarded for your effort. Could do with a little less "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" business practices, and more planning and number crunching. Expect to think on your feet and wear a lot of hats.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, and people will love you for it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Beautiful merchandise, ecclectic employees

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsThe merchandise may not have been a large quantitiy, but it certainly did not lack quality.

ConsIt was not close to my home, and it becomes difficult to sell luxury items when people are losing their employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, just because someone can sell.. that does not make them able to manage a store or handle employees.

Best company to work for, best place to shop at!

Prosyou will be 100% satisfied shopping here, working here, or even getting to know their family. i have worked for them for many years and they treated me with complete respect. they provide the best customer service unlike anything you would get from anywhere else. you are going to spend a lot of money, spend it here. you will not regret it!

Consthere are no cons. go and see for yourself. this is a family owned business where they treat every customer with the same respect.

Unfair to employees

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsA discount on Pandora jewelry

Cons- Made up reasons why you did something wrong
    - Don't offer assistant managers and key holders benefits
    - Will tell you you have customer complaints and have no evidence to back it up
    - Make up lies about other employees against you
    - Cheap, won't invest in good technology to let you do your job correctly
    -No merchandise when needed to do your job

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with all levels in the business
    Hire competent managers who don't gossip and spread lies about associates

Worked with great people; Unfortunately no opportunities for advancement

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Fairview Heights, IL

ProsWorked with great people; was given a great deal of freedom; flexibility with scheduling; ability to engage in creative tasks

ConsA declining economy made jewelry sales goals difficult to attain as products were luxury goods; credit application goals were incredibly obnoxious, made me feel like I was selling credit more than jewelry sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementOpening up a Pandora in leu of remodeling existing Hannoush Store in St. Clair Square was simply a poor business decision considering Pandora is sold at a higher volume jewelry store right across the street. The thing that set Hannoush apart was the attention to detail and high quality merchandise we provided for customers that other jewelry stores in the area simply couldn't match. Seems kind of like a sell out move. Pandora is a fad.

This store made me realize how much I hate retail.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsIf you like to sell pretty things... and act fake.

ConsThe management is a joke. I was reprimanded because I was responsible for the district manager finding out that the store manager was always late, or didn't show on important days. I was only trying to get some help when no one would answer the phone. Apparently it was a secret...

Advice to Senior ManagementStop thinking that your top sales leaders are honest people in all aspects of their lives.

Worked for Hannoush Jewelers? Contribute to the Community!