Hanson Aggregates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jim Kitzmiller

Good company, old fashioned style values

Flagging, Traffic Control (Current Employee)
Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Hanson Aggregates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Various work sites and fast paced work environment. The work season tends to go by very quickly

ConsVery long hours and a lot of time traveling and being away from home. Although safety really does come 1st with this company any construction related work comes with some risk.

Challenging, long hours, great experience and few good promotions.

Production Manager (Current Employee)
Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Hanson Aggregates

ProsExposure to the whole business as a Grad. Great experience and knowledge to be had. Heading in the right direction with training and safety. They look after you if you work hard in regards to promotions/moves.

Conspoor pay increase after grad program.
work/life balance or money could be better. one or the other.
senior management at the moment doesn't have the balls to stand up and say we need to retain our staff and the reason they are leaving is because we don't pay all that great, expect the world and don't realize that just because a RGM is willing to work 60-70hrs per week not everyone else is.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a little more, people will stay in roles longer. Build stability and sustainability. The Melbourne business has "fallen" apart when it comes to senior managers leaving and all operations have had new managers. Although the managers are keen and skilled they are picking up the pieces from what is left over after disheartened managers have left. This is costing a considerable amount of money. Why not just pay everyone well and stop with the "one day you'll get your reward attitude". Show me the money and you'll have an unbeatable business for years to come.

Worked for Hanson Aggregates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hanson Aggregates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hanson Aggregates CEO Jim Kitzmiller. All reviews posted anonymously by Hanson Aggregates employees.