Hanson's

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brian Elias

Great job with awesome oppurtunities

Corporate Sales Assist (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsWorking at Hanson's has been a great experience for me. I have had unlimited opportunities to learn more about the industry and apply that knowledge within the company. Very positive environment to work in.

ConsThe only con I can honestly say would be that the hours are long but well worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, its working.

Love it here!

Marketing (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsOpportunity to move up in the company. Fun culture. Smart people

ConsThat I didn't come to work here years ago.

The Place to Work!!!

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsI love my career with Hanson's! I have been with them for over 10 years and keep growing with the company. I've had a few different positions in my time being here. I love the fact that there is constantly room for advancement. Every day there is something different you will learn, or someone new you will meet. I have met some great people working here and have made some true friendships. I am honestly excited to wake up and come into work each and every day.

ConsCons??? I don't really have any, but If I had to say, sometimes the hours can get a little long. However, if you want to succeed at life you have to play hard, and work harder.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the awesome job you are doing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company running amuck...

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Toledo, OH

ProsDecent income potential. Extensive training.

ConsVery disorganized in scheduling. Branch manager clearly showed favoritism on a regular basis. A lot of time wasted on driving to cancelled appointments. Many prospects who were scheduled weren't financially qualified to make a purchase. Many of the sales reps cut corners and lie to homeowners to make a sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedule appointments in areas that are closer to where the sales rep lives. Too much time gap between appointments. Remove the arrogance within the local and upper management levels and treat sales reps with professional respect. Get rid of sales staff who lie to customers and lose no sleep over it.

Lousy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is nothing good to say.

ConsThe owner is out for himself and touchy feel

Hanson's was a good starting point in sales.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Holt, MI

ProsGreat products. Many credit options made sales easier.

ConsBad for family life. Mandatory morning meetings in the morning aren't paid. If you complain you don't get leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit sending reps to known credit criminals. Not worth anyone's time. You know who they are!

Good as a company, bad to sell for

In Home Sales Representative (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsI am convinced they use the absolute best products they possibly can and install them in the most professional way possible. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to them, and the training is good. They give you all the product samples you will ever need and even a laptop if you need one. You will never meet anyone who is more involved in the operations of his own company than Mr. Brian Elias. They are ALWAYS hiring. If you have run your own business or are really good at sales you can make 6 figures per year.

ConsOh how I was lied to and treated like crap. Yes I do believe it is possible to make good money as a sales rep but man you really have to kiss ass and have seniority to get the best leads and respect from your manager. Most new sales reps last less than three months. I lost A LOT of money by using my own car, and my paying for my own gas, to run appointments. Running appointments in pairs helps close sales, but it cuts your commissions in half. If you are not closing sales at a rate that your manager deems good enough, you will have to go to "closing camp" on your day off at corporate HQ to learn how to close sales better. What a joke and waste of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is good, products are top notch, but the way employees are treated needs to be looked at. I don't know if you think high turnover is a problem, though.

This company is a revolving door people are always leaving voluntarily because they screw you on your commsissions.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsGreat products with good energy savings for a fast return on your investment.

Cons100% Commission with no perks or benefits. Your are a 1099 self-employed working for Hansons required to attend morning meetings everyday without pay. . You will spin your wheels & rag out your vehicle and not make any money. They are always finding reasons to reduce your commissions on deals that you write & screw the sales people. That is why it is a revolving door at Hanson's. I am at the top of the sales report & still broke. Why is that? When it cost me money to go to work I am out of their soon!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHas Brian Elias the owner of the company forgotten that the sales people put him on the map. The Sale Reps were the key to his business success and now you keep reducing & screwing your sales people. The good Sales Reps leave your company who make you money & the average ones stay. The Elite Sales Reps move on to get paid what they are worth. Dont be fooled with the promises about how much money you will make at Hanson's they lie & paint big pictures to lure you in. You will die broke working for them. They have nothing to Offer their people absolutely ZERO. You will bring your Auto, Gas, Time & work long hours. Everybody in our Sales Meetings is starving to put gas in their cars for their next appointment. You could be #1 Sales person & still broke. Figure that one out? He 1099 Everyone so you are Self-Employed with Hanson's so NO Perks of Benefits.

GREATLY MISLED ABOUT THE EARNING POTENTIAL, DISRESPECTFUL SALES MANAGERS

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsA company that local residents know. They give good 'Guarantees' to customers, just not to salespeople.

ConsHanson's is a revolving door of sales people that are told they can easily make $5,000-$8,000/mo when being hired in. It all sounds great when you take the job, but is totally wrong... only a very small few of their 'favorite' salespeople ever do. You'll be lucky if you get enough commissions to pay for your gas. The vast majority of salepeople find themselves burning up their gas and time (at their own expense) running to all of Hanson's appointments. Many of the appointments are dead-ends or unclosable. The sales you do make, are generally accomplished by 'discounting' for the customer to the point of cutting your commissions in half, just to be competitive with other companies. Their commission structure is designed to cheat salespeople out of commissions while obtaining lots of business (& profit) for Brian Elias. Their selling system gets sales for the company at the expense of their salespeople. Even when selling almost half of the appointments, you're not earning anywhere close to what they promised was 'so easy'. You almost need a CPA auditor to make sure that you're getting paid all your commissions. Commissions get cut even more for alledged 'mis-measurements'. They have highly disrespectful managers that talk crudly to salespeople. The company also promotes extremely high pressure sales tactics. They want you to just about get 'thrown out' of a house if the homeowner says "no''. God for bid if someone 'just wants a bid' or is getting estimates. You have to constantly explain yourself to several managers each time you don't walk out an appointment without a signed contract and are made to feel horrible. And guess what, for the customers that really did need to 'just think about it' for a week or two, the corporate office aggresively 'follow-ups' with the customers to sell it and screws the saleperson (who actually drove out to the appointment and did 98% of the job selling company & the products) out of a commission. They use good intentioned people to run their appointments (at your own expense) for a minimal return of investment on your time. It usually takes 3-4 months for salespeople to realize they're running a 'chop shop' before they leave. They have about a 80-90% turnover of their sales reps. There is a much higher retention of people who work at their corporate office in admin positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of Brian Elias profitting so much off each deal, if you'd actually take care of your salespeople financially, they would stay. You wouldn't have to constantly be 'training' new salespeople every 2 weeks. But then again, I think you found a 'system' that benefits you.

Hansons Windows handles their customer complaints in a timely manner.

Customer Service (Current Employee)

ProsHansons Windows handles their customer complaints very well. Hansons Windows makes sure all of their customer complaints are handled quickly. They make sure that the customer is 100% satisfied before closing out the complaint file.

ConsDepending on the level of the complaint it sometimes takes a little longer to resolve the issue. The reason for that is that Hansons Windows does a very thorough investigation into the issue and makes sure the customer is happy at the end of the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementHansons Windows management cares very much about their customers and their reputation. Hansons Windows will do whatever it takes to make it right or give the customer their money back.

Worked for Hanson's? Contribute to the Community!