Hantz Financial Services Reviews

John Hantz

Awful Culture/Good Training

Former Employee - Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor

I worked at Hantz Financial Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They do a good job of training their financial advisors and specialists. Good financial planning model. A lot of hard working people. Great food at anniversary parties.

Cons

The culture is awful. Not a place I would recommend long term. If you are not like them, "senior leadership", then you are swimming against the current the whole time. If you value time and family over money, then this place is not for you. If you value money and only money, then this may be a fit. They preach entrepreneurship but don't allow you to make any decisions. Company benefits are not competitive. Technology and marketing are not priorities. Not willing to invest in advisors. Cheap

Advice to Management

Invest in advisors, marketing and technologies. Short term long term - going to have to sacrifice higher profits if you want to keep good people long term. Don't nickel and dime everything. Need to understand that everyone has different values-at some point time and stress are more valuable than money.

2. Financial Consultant

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Sault Ste. Marie, MI
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Sault Ste. Marie, MI

I have been working at Hantz Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

You will work a lot of hours and there is a lot expected of you

You

Pros

The people are pretty great

Cons

The hours will drain the life from you, if you don't mind 65 hour weeks and that being considered bare bones be my guest

Advice to Management

This isn't my dream, i didn't give up my livelihood to start your company don't expect everyone to act like it is

Financial Consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Pros

Growing company, neat business model.

Cons

Managers are not trained. They treat employees like they are W-2 not 1099 which is against the law. Potential Employees.... Know your rights when working as a 1099 employee. Overworked, full commission. Very cheap. Sales process is awful with no marketing plan. I would never recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

Respect employees -be professional.

Financial Consultant

I have been working at Hantz Financial Services full-time

Pros

Learn about the business / industry

Cons

Everything. Unethical, less than minimum wage until after 2 to 3 years if then, racist, biased, no employee reimbursement of expenses, no match on 401k, retaliation is a given- keep your mouth shut, you either quit or look the other way, family is not valued, your time is not valued, 61 hours plus is a given, training sucks, you are expected to do whatever senior management tells you even if it is unethical, commissions are manipulated/ not paid correctly, business model is nonexistent, every department just gets a shot at lining their pockets with client cash, was told by senior management " the faster you throw out your morals and values the faster you will do better at this job", minorities are hired to fill quotas, no time off, even when you ask, it is a setup from the beginning to the end, company is not really looking to help clients, clients are evaluated based on what funds they have available which determines the level of service that they receive. You will get robbed whether you are an employee or a client.

Advice to Management

None. They do not deserve any advice.

7. Financial Planning

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Midland, MI
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Midland, MI

I worked at Hantz Financial Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young company with mid age employees created a nice work environment coming out of college. Had a very high income potential.

Cons

The career is what you make of it and is very fast paced. If you don't like to work it's not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Not a whole lot to say here. They let you know what to expect and they aren't lying. Work hard, do what they say and you'll succeed.

Financial Advisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Hantz Financial Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You will learn a lot with a great training program. A few locations to be able to choose to work from.

Cons

Don't work there more than 5 years because you will not gain anything more from them and you will still be working 12 hour days.

Advice to Management

hire real managers not failed advisors that just beat down the employees.

Advisor

Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Okemos, MI
    Former Employee - Financial Consultant in Okemos, MI

I worked at Hantz Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay for you to get your licenses but that is about it.

Cons

On the surface the model makes sense but there really aren't that many specialists to support it. The turnover at the company is horrible so you can't have any consistency. There is no marketing support or budget. Any of the perks that there were have been pretty much cut to nothing. Even though Hantz Bank offers no competitive advantage it is forced on advisors and clients.

Advice to Management

Know your resources and treasure them, your employees

Equities Specialist

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Canton, MI
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Canton, MI

I worked at Hantz Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good financial services experience you learn a lot on the job of every aspect of the financial services environment. Provide you with the ability to sit for your series 7 all paid.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, management is not open to changes in their programs

Financial Advisor

I worked at Hantz Financial Services full-time

Pros

Not many people have been around for more than a year, so you will feel right at home just starting out

Cons

Horrible training, no education around products or market knowledge. You learn basic definitions. Multi-level marketing scam. Expected you to call all your family and friends, and let them meet with another financial advisor (I didn't even present my own job). Once I signed a few clients from my family, management got hostile. the VP of my branch called and said "you suck" literally. After you get them some clients, management wants you to quit so they don't have to pay you anymore. S-C-A-M! Learn from my mistake people

Advice to Management

Take a good long look inward and find your moral compass.

RSS Feed </> Embed