Hard Dollar Corporation

www.harddollar.com

Hard Dollar Corporation Reviews

Not yet rated.

Bill Ponseti

Past employee that loved going to work each day!

Talent Acquisition Team (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat team culture with intelligent, motivated co-workers

ConsNeeded more processes in place for continuity

Advice to Senior ManagementStay connected and transparent

In a nutshell

Software Engineer I (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat work ethic, great management, easy to get along with employees

Conssmall company, not the best benefits, little vacation time.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work

Embrace change, for tomorrow it will change

ProsVery well funded company by Kiewit who owns 100%. The future outlook for new products and technology are very bright. The highest capital expose for the company is in R & D.

ConsThere are too many layers of management for a company this size. Salaries are below national averages, and the company does not include a competitive benefit's package. This has caused a high employee turnover with only 2% of employees having tenure longer than 24 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth in sales will come from a solid sales and marketing program. Look from within at the annual rate of return and analysis trends in sales, analysis competitive products, pricing, and position. Consider the sales cycle, base decisions on factual information before making any drastic change. Consider renaming the product for international sales. The UK does not want a product called Hard Dollar, or Hard Pound, or Hard ANYTHING. Insure analysis, localization, versioning, and languages are market ready before attempting an international sales initiative.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A 25 year old small company with more layers of inefficiency than seen in orgs with 20x the revenue

ProsThey have / had tons of opportunity, with some great and talented people. Plenty of coaching moments. Well intentioned. Well funded after 100% acquisition by Kiewit.

ConsIf you do not like today's process, direction, or goals - do not worry, it is different tomorrow. Inexpereinced management with crazy turnover. All three management layers above me told me direct, and unecessary, lies to my face.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs it is a 3 - 6 month sales cycle, wait 3 - 6 months before making the next poorly thought change.

Couldn't be happier

R&D (Current Employee)

ProsGet to work with cutting edge technology, given creative freedom and personal ownership of projects, great work schedule, wonderful people, minimal bureaucracy, great overall compensation package, industry leader, promising growth

ConsLimited feedback from management about individual performance, competitive industry may be too much for some people (just right for me though!), fast growth may be unsettling for some, takes time for new people to get up to speed

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change the current culture!

Lots of growth and change but a great fun, supportive and challenging environment.

ProsReally smart people who seem to love their jobs.

ConsLots of changes going on.

A Dis-functional Environment without direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

Prosgood company growth, good things in marketplace with sales/marketing leadership. Company has entered into new industries over years to help growth and get name out to more people.

Conspoor work environment, culture needs work, departments in silos, owner needs to take an etiquette class on how to talk to people. Its sad to see good people leave.

Advice to Senior Managementstop losing your good people. can be intimidating to women, and high pressure.

I'm long since gone, but still say that they were best people I've worked with and the best company I've worked for.

Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

Pros-Everyone there was enjoyable to be around and to work with on a daily basis.

-They were the most knowledgeable people I've ever worked with.

-Everyone seemed to be hard working and motivated which is contageous.

-Management was experienced and really knew their stuff on technical matters.

-Major emphasis on broadening our knowledge and skills, guidence given on path to do so.

-Compensation was competitive to similar positions in industry.

Cons-The company hit some turbulents back then, but it was probably more due to market conditions than anything else.

-The software is mostly for construction, so if the construction industry doesn't light your fire, you may find it a bit dry. Its not really a mark against the company though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the team of quality people you have, and continue building a great company.

(After having left H$, I've worked for two other software companies and encountered some of the most rotten people I could ever have imagined.)

It is great working for the industry leader

ProsGreat culture, management and an open and caring environment. They really put employees first and take great care of us. I love Friday lunches. It is a team of high achievers.

ConsThey expect a lot from each and every employee and have a very high bar for quality of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire people faster but keep the standard high.

Dis-functional does not do the company any justice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Software and several great employees

ConsManagement can't seem to keep employees. It is a revolving door. The owners focus is more on selling the solution to another company than developing the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and your customers.

Worked for Hard Dollar Corporation? Contribute to the Community!