Hard Rock International Reviews

Reset
3.5
Hard Rock International President and CEO Hamish Dodds
Hamish Dodds

Pros
  • It's a very busy and exciting work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Hard Rock has great atmosphere and awesome employees (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Gets a bit overcrowded, long hours, need better stock option portfolio 401K plan (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management are clueless in the area of nightlife in this area (in 5 reviews)

1. Fun Place to work

Pros

Fun atmosphere, nice property, free lunch and always something happening

Cons

Non competitive pay, smoking environment

2. waiter

Current Employee - Waiter in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Waiter in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hard Rock International (More than 3 years)

Pros

great culture and people to work with

Cons

very seasonal and tourist driven, meaning people that don't tip from other countries

Advice to Management

corporate is just numbers driven, not people driven

3. Rocksino

Former Employee - Server in Northfield, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Northfield, OH

Pros

As a hole its a great place to work. The benefits are the tops. They handle complaints realistically and don't over react.

Cons

Having to serve people that lost money and on alcohol is not great. All they do is complain about everything and nothing at the same time. The hours are long and they hired great people but not really into working.

Advice to Management

All and all its a great place but like every place they have favorites that are not the best employees. They just do the least and don't rock the boat.

5. Cocktail Server

Pros

Family like atmosphere with co-workers, free hot breakfast, lunch or dinner (depending on your shift) Plus, salad bar. Developing great connections with customers and networking.

Cons

They make it seem like it is an absolute privilege to work for them & that you are dispensable at any moment. No sense of job security no matter how long you've been with the company. They have a flawed point system based on tardiness or absenteeism. Co-workers who have been with the company for many years don't feel appreciated. Lack of recognition for hard workers. The only employees who make decent money are tipped employees or head of departments. There has been an across the board freeze on raises for some years now. I'm still making $3.13/HR. With every year that passes, our benefits seem to decease.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the loyal employees and acknowledge their hard work and dedication to the company because the moral has significantly decreased. Turn over rate is the highest that I've ever seen it in all of the years that I've been with the company.

Great interview

I have been working at Hard Rock International full-time

Pros

i enjoy the people I work with and usually the guests. There's plenty of opportunity to enjoy the town and the tips are generally good.

Cons

The company does not provide the usual perks of a casino job, like meals and fans at the tables. Scheduling is less than accommodating and there are no reviews of skills or contributions. No positive feedback.

Advice to Management

Provide some feedback to employees. We need opportunities to improve and know that our contributions are revognized. Fix things give good customers recognition as well. Let us know who those people are and listen to us when we bring good guests to management. Empower employees to take care of guests.

7. Review

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Hard Rock International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid-back atmosphere. Co-workers are friendly for the most-part.

Cons

Underpaid; no room for advancement

Advice to Management

N/A

8. Hotel front desk agent

Former Employee - Hotel Front Desk Representative in Gulfport, MS
    Former Employee - Hotel Front Desk Representative in Gulfport, MS

I worked at Hard Rock International (More than a year)

Pros

If your passion is customer service then you will like it. If you are a rule follower and do not mind that performance expectations are high then you will like it. Health benefits are excellent.

Cons

Stand in a 5ft working space for the entire shift. Extremely strict attendance policy with no excused absences, regardless of the situation. Smoking and very loud music constantly. Very little room for growth, promote from outside and seniority does not exist. Very high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

What can I say? Plain and simple, it's all about the money and the protection of the business.

9. Lots of Highs and Lows

I worked at Hard Rock International full-time

Pros

Working with tourists is great and most guests are in a good mood. Co-workers are amazing.

Cons

Very, very difficult to be promoted from within. Management is almost never on the same page - each manager tells an employee something different.

Advice to Management

Seriously, get it together...get off of your high horse...communicate with your employees...listen to their needs...and for goodness' sake follow through with what you say you are going to do...

10. Not for everyone

Former Employee - Line Cook in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hard Rock International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

401k starts from day 1.

Cons

Low wages Management needs to be trained how to talk to people. NO holiday pay

Advice to Management

Send managers to classes to better assist in problem solving and thinking on their feet.

11. Retail employee

I have been working at Hard Rock International full-time

Pros

Fun work environment Flexible schedule Good management Awesome coworkers

Cons

Doesn't seem like a career job Doesn't pay a lot

RSS Feed </> Embed