Hardee's

Hardee's Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder

Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • Easy to learn job responsibilities(in 4 reviews)

• Helps you to build skills with multi-tasking and giving great customer service(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage, which is to be expected, but is still not the best(in 7 reviews)

• long hours and you will need great math skills(in 5 reviews)

Good place to start out in the working world.

Crew Trainer (Former Employee) Clintwood, VA

ProsThe job is not difficult and is a good place to develop ones people skills. Free/reduced priced food is never a bad thing. Management can be a pro IF they work well with the crew. Flexible hours and there are typically enough volunteers for holidays so I never had to work one in 7 years.

ConsBack up to dealing with the people. Anytime one is dealing with hungry customers can expect them to also be volatile and angry if something goes wrong but just scratch it up as a life lesson. Can be stressful if corporate is breathing down managements necks but again that is not everywhere.

untruthful during interview

Front Line Cashier (Former Employee) Athens, AL

Prosthey will give you hours if you work hard

Consthey will not work with your schedule at all. I was told in my interview that they can work with my schedule because I was a full time student and I have two small children finding a sitter for 3am isn't easy

Good Customer Service experience, bad management

Cashier (Former Employee) Lawrenceville, GA

ProsCo-workers
    FREE FOOD
    Customers are usually nice old people
    Helps you to build skills with multi-tasking and giving great customer service
    Not difficult work
    Room for advancement

ConsMy manager sucked!
    You either get hours or you don't.
    Schedule is never put together
    Minimum wage with too much work (Being a team member, you usually have to do everything from working front cashier, drive thru, making fries, shakes, etc sometimes all by your self at once)

Advice to Senior ManagementYOU SUCK, DO BETTER!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

hardees managers are all about themselves instead of the workplace.

Cashier (Current Employee) Emporia, VA

Prosthe customers are great. if your are a local in need of a job, the hiring process is quick and you're paid for training.

Consthe managers are disrespectful. no matters how qualified or how diligent of a worker you are, the hiring manager will still pick a personal favorite employee for a promotion.

Advice to Senior Managementpay attention to those who work hard, they deserve to move up in position. also, a thorough background check is needed for All employees. No one deserves to work on the same shift as a thief.

Great employees terrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees and work enviornment as good as it could be.

ConsManagement were to power hungry and never give enough hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better managers.

I loved working with the public.

Cashier (Former Employee) Moyock, NC

Prosworking with the public, easy to learn POS

Conslunch time with the numbers and to go orders with the numbers needs to be improved, customers often left both at counter and it looked bad on me trying to find the right customer for the right food. Don't like to " auction" off food

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your word when saying an employee is getting a raise

Susceptible to small-town drama

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTypical managerial work. Learn the expected procedures, follow the rules, and you can make a steady, albeit small, paycheck.

ConsLow salary for entry-level management. Very strict procedures concerning inventory, drive-through reporting, etc. Long training program a bit too far away from home. District and regional managers that were very hard to respect.

Good for part time but becomes a bit mundane

Cashier (Former Employee) Boone, NC

ProsDecent job to have while in school. Flexible hours and management is understanding. Easy to learn job responsibilities. Easy to leave and easy to return.

ConsCan be stressful during peak hours. Menial work can get a bit repetitive. Job becomes mundane after awhile. Not a job to make a career out of.

Harder than BK but easier than McD's

Crew Member (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsThe managers are pretty fair, I got all the hours I wanted by proving that I was a hard worker. Their registers were pretty modern and easy to work. There was plenty of space in the back line to move around and store things. You have to prep alot more of the food than you do at BK. However, the pace isn't as hectic as McD.

ConsNot enough cleaning was enforced, so there were areas with significant grime build-up. Managers weren't quite strict enough on all employees, so some people ended up skating by without having to work that hard. You only get 30% discount on employee meals. There was no talk about getting a performance review or a raise at month 6 (or month 9 for that matter).

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your employee's performance more regularly as you promise you will in the handbook. A lot of turnover is happening because some people who deserve raises aren't getting them.

Hardees

Cook (Current Employee) Holly Hill, SC

ProsFellow employees and at least it provided me with work

ConsNo pay raise after 1 year and 8 months on the job

Worked for Hardee's? Contribute to the Community!