Hardee's

Hardee's Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder

Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • Easy to learn job responsibilities(in 4 reviews)

• Helps you to build skills with multi-tasking and giving great customer service(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage, which is to be expected, but is still not the best(in 7 reviews)

• long hours and you will need great math skills(in 5 reviews)

Job for people in-between things or cant work anywhere else

Crew Member (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR

ProsYou can keep your job without performing critical functions. If you are fast on the screen you got your manager by the short hairs and job security.

ConsDrama filled, zero accountability between coworkers and management, management is incompetent and does not hold people responsible for not doing their job. Unless you want to be a manager there is no growth in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementForget about your bonus check for a quarter or two, get the store running right before cutting costs. You cant effectively revamp a store if you cut costs constantly.

Dependable, boring, and gossip galore.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsVery hard to get fired. In fact I have only seen people fired after not showing up for a week. Even then, they were rehired 50% of time. Easy to learn. Your entire job will be memorized in a week. Room for promotion. Driver's license required for promotion.

ConsCan be stressful because you may be doing others work too. It is very common for your fellow employees to call out sick, most of which times they are going partying. Lots & lots of gossip about other employees. Even management will vent their dislike of other employees. Extremely repetitive. Nothing will change in your routine, ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo change needed, it fills a gap in employment. Both in people who wont change that need jobs, and no job will be perfect.

its ok

General Manager (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

Prospeople can make your store

Conspay is terrible! hours are long and repetitive

Advice to Senior Managementbe more realistic in your expecttions

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful!!!!

General Manager (Former Employee) Fulton, MS

ProsGood general management pay compared to other fast food restaurants

Cons(1)Assistant managers and crew are paid poorly, thus you get what you pay for. All the work gets put on the GM. (2) for the area I worked in NO investment was made in the upkeep of the restaurant and equipment therefore adding more problems, they just seem to snow ball. (3) No appreciation when I killed myself cleaning the restaurant and getting rid of an inherited severe roach infestation. My $1500 bonus check was held because I used an extra 10 payroll hours WITH PERMISSION first. (4) because of all the above you get a very high turnover and people just not showing up for work!

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in all levels of management. One person can not run the store by themselves. Reward your employees when they do a good job. Especially your managers who are on salary and not getting paid any extra to do the extra. CLEAN your stores! Hardee's is known to be one of the nastiest fast food chains out there. I wouldn't of ever believed how nasty had I not seen it for myself. Do something to improve night sales. It seems all stores complaint is having to work at night with only a couple of people because there is no business!

Good if you're willing to put forth the effort.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Union City, TN

Pros-Better work = More hours
    -Become a team with other staff members

Cons-Hours are not always guaranteed
    -Low staff during night shift

Advice to Senior ManagementDuring the busy times, focus on teamwork rather than being "the boss".

No work ethic

Cashier (Current Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsNot difficult work, moderately flexible hours, and half off of food while on the clock. It's also not that difficult to get a job there. The shift leaders that do have good work ethic are very enjoyable to work with.

ConsMinimum wage, which is to be expected, but is still not the best. You have a plethora of angry, rude, and flat out impatient customers. Also, the store manager could have weeded out two of the shift leaders who did not do any work and had everyone else do theirs, those two women had no work ethic.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone isn't doing their job, replace them with someone who will.

It's okay

General Manager (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsIt's easy to learn and do. The positions are all-but self explanitory. If you just do the common sense things you'll be about as good as anyone they can find to hire.

ConsThe company has grown and is struggling to figure out how to operate well. Way behind the times in training, management practices, and store layout. The owner seems to really only care about customers view and afforable changes to improve that and overlooks all the broken equipment and frustrations for those actually working in the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementFace the reality, even when it's hard, and staff apporpriately on the district level. Too many stores per DM is lowering the effectiveness. Also, technology can help the overwhelming work load in stores if you'll just hire IT help and get it figured out for good. Make what you pay for work for you not against you.

Horrible and stressful

Cashier (Former Employee) Rogersville, MO

Prosthe customer service you get to provide if you are a people person

ConsWorst management ever and would ever recommend this place to anyone that was needing a job even in this economy

Advice to Senior Managementtrain your managers better and teach them how to be more professional

Grease, stress, and more grease

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsI got free leftover breakfast food working that shift...

Cons15 cents above minimum wage per hour, constantly understaffed, people quiting constantly. Overall a stressful situation. My store manager at the time quit and made just as much being a cashier at walmart. Location I worked at closed in 2009...

unfair and just unfair

Cashier (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC

Prosgot my 30-40 hours every week, was gettin my yearly raise, got along great with all my employees.

Conscustomers was always rude, no matter how nice you was. they called the hotline for everything. policy just seem dumb.

Advice to Senior Managementif Boddie-Noell was brothers, why cant employees work together that are related?? that is so backwards. I now have to transfer a job that i had for 3 years to another hardees because somebody called the hotline and said i was working with a relative. i think it is unfair, and i should have a say so instead i just have to leave, its like im held against my will. what is the problem with working with a family member ??? That is the dumbest thing i had ever heard. i think hardees has the most strict policy known to mankind.

Worked for Hardee's? Contribute to the Community!