Hardee's Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder
Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • It's a good place to get customer service experience (in 6 reviews)

• Flexible hours and management is understanding (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • 15 cents above minimum wage per hour, constantly understaffed, people quiting constantly (in 10 reviews)

• Work hard for very low pay and I have been there a year and am a Crew Trainer (in 7 reviews)

1. cashier

I have been working at Hardee's full-time

Pros

great discount
    cleanliness
    learn new things everyday
    lots of new people

Cons

A lot of rude customers b.ut that's what you sign up for when you're going for a fast food restaurant

2. Crew Member, line

Former Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Hardee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours, Co Workers are usually fun to work with, They will teach you skills that you can use in other jobs. They promote from within.

Cons

Long shifts. I would usually have 2 to 3 days a week that I WASN'T ALLOWED to take a lunch during an 8 plus hour shift, which is illegal. The main reason that I left. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have stayed. I turned them into the labor board the day I quit.

Advice to Management

When an employee goes as far as to complain on the website about the labor laws that are being broken, maybe a little research to make sure that it isn't just bullcrap may be warranted. If a General Manager wants to boast about how well he does his job in front of the whole place, they should make absolutely sure no one can come back on him with anything.

3. Hardees

Current Employee - Fry Cook in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Fry Cook in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Hardee's

Pros

Good Crew Decent Hours and it's not a difficult job. Very quick to become part of the team.

Cons

Typically work over. Extremely busy breakfast and a crowded kitchen in the mornings

Advice to Management

None

5. Shift Leader

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Supply, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Supply, NC

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being able to help our customers and make them happy, I love my employees and we are all like a big family.

Cons

I don't have any downsides besides having a few irate costumers.

6. Great fun place to work-

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Champaign, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Champaign, IL

I have been working at Hardee's (Less than a year)

Pros

very friendly people, down to earth. willing to work with one when mistakes occur!

Cons

none available at this time.

Advice to Management

keep it up..... well run well organizedcompany

7. shift supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Manager in East Florence, AL
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in East Florence, AL

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to get your foot in the door,I have learned a lot about the restaurant in a short period of time.

Cons

Unfortunately,they don't offer a lot of room for potential to grow in the company,they don't have great organization skills

Advice to Management

Concentration is needed more in the areas of scheduling and cross training the employees

Support Staff Manager in St. Louis, MO

Current Employee - Support Staff Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Support Staff Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fear and intimidation, that is the CEO's management style.

If you want to work for a good company, be respected in your position, get paid well and expect good benefits then you should NOT apply for Hardee's Food Systems. Use this info as a four alarm warning.

There is not one single pro item about this horrific company.

Cons

- NO 401K company match

- No company stock options

- No bonus of any kind, ever

- Worst insurance package available, very expensive that covers little although the executives give themselves great insurance 100% paid for by the employees.

- The company will not pay for the employee's parking ($130 per month) in the building garage. Of course the CEO and his executive staff's parking are paid by the company.

- CEO and his staff are the very worst of the worst, greedy with an outright hatred of their corporate employees. It shows, believe me, all the corporate employees are aware of the CEO's outright contempt of the corporate employees. We all are aware of the CEO's words and actions, no hiding from that.

- CEO and staff are wage thiefs, stealing employees 401K company match and giving back nothing in return. There is no refuting this fact.
    The CEO and his executive staff have made themselves rich by stealing the employees 401K company match.

- Working in the STL office is like constantly walking on eggshells, waiting to be the next to be fired. All employees are scared of upper management and the CEO wants it that way. At termination, there is NO severance pay, only the unused vacation days are paid to the terminated employee.

- Upper management values no one, not one single employee. They constantly look for opportunities to terminate long term employees to replace them with lower paid workers. Employee morale in the St. Louis corporate office is as low as can be, rock bottom.

- The greedy CEO demands to move the entire St. Louis corporate office to Tennessee so that he may enrich himself with no state taxes while terminating most of the corporate employees in the St. Louis office. Most of the St. Louis office corporate employees will not transfer to the future Tennessee corporate office because this company treats the employees so terribly that it is not desirous to except a transfer with the company. All the St. Louis corporate employees are desperately seeking other employment.

- Every single employee in the St. Louis corporate office understands and agrees that the CEO and his staff are a group of greedy,
    incompetent and arrogant knuckle-daggers that can only manage through fear and intimidation. The executive staff make sure that there are no good feelings for the corporate employees. No one leaves in the afternoon feeling good about the company and the executive staff like it that way.

- Salary raises are infrequent, about every three to four years. Mostly 1% to 1.5%.

- The company has been sold twice in the last three years, after the CEO failed with an initial IPO. The company is not on solid financial footing. The company is now owned by Roark Capital Investments. Roark now owns 17 QSR chains. Hardee's Food Systems and CKE are the only company owned by Roark that does not match 401K or provide anything at all for the employee's future. Again, this is simple wage theft by upper management.

- Most companies like to tout the fact that their employees are their most valued asset. The opposite is true with Hardee's Food Systems. The executive staff and especially the CEO Andy Puzder go out of their way to tell the corporate employees that are not valued in any way.
    The CEO has sent out several messages that the corporate employees are all replaceable. So how would you like to work for this guy?

- Most CEO's have a Q and A session with the employees at least yearly if not quarterly. Not with Hardee's Food Systems, the CEO will not even speak to corporate employees, much less make himself available for Q and A's. The guy talks tough to his employees, but is a bit of a coward when faced with an awkward question. He uses his executive staff to fend off any employee seeking answers. How is that for openness and honesty? I have been here 14 years and the CEO has not had one meet and greet or taken questions from corporate employees.

- Could go on further but I hope anyone seriously considering employment with Hardee's Food Systems will reconsider. There is no future for employees with this company, just more pain and humiliation form the executive team and CEO Andy Puzder.

- The company is rated by Morningstar as one of the least generous large companies to work for in the entire U.S. Let that soak in for a moment, do you really want to work for a company that the CEO brags about his non-generosity to his corporate employees?

Advice to Management

There is no advise coming from a corporate employee that the arrogant CEO would reflect upon. His ego is off the charts. He loves being a dictator and treating corporate employees with disrespect and indignation all the while robbing his corporate employees of the company 401K match and bonuses.

Roark Capital Investments should pay more attention and terminate this clown of a CEO and his entire executive staff. There should be another way to run a large company without stealing from the employees.

9. sucks

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work flexibility. Fun people to work with.

Cons

No raises. B.S. From management

Advice to Management

Maybe require management to go through training

10. Current cashier

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, NC

I have been working at Hardee's

Pros

A fun environment to work in with nice coworkers

Cons

Ask for more time because I'm just getting 10-12 hours per week.

11. Cook

Former Employee - Cook in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Cook in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Hardee's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interaction with customers along with free food was great! Management staff was alright not great.. Decent job while I was there.

Cons

Poor food quality,
    Bad GM she had no Idea how to run a store.
    Store had really bad ratings

Advice to Management

Show more enthusiasm in your work!
    Treat customers like family! (Golden Rule)

RSS Feed </> Embed