Hardee's Reviews

Updated August 29, 2014

2.7

Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder
Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • Easy to learn job responsibilities (in 4 reviews)

• Helps you to build skills with multi-tasking and giving great customer service (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage, which is to be expected, but is still not the best (in 8 reviews)

• long hours and you will need great math skills (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great!!!

Current Employee - Shift Leader  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great employers, and f

Cons

Some really mean and rude customers

Perks

Alright starting job.

Current Employee - Back Line Cook  in  Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Not alot of customers. Not much training required. Usually very flexible hours. Provide $5 for meals if you go over you have to pay the difference.

Cons

Closing is bad you usually are by yourself and have to prepare meals and clean at the same time. You will get random rushes at night sometimes 5 minutes before you close. Very strict managers. Sometimes you have to clean breakfast dishes if they weren't cleaned properly. You are expected to be out by 10:20 but very hard when you have to prepare food and clean by yourself.

Hire more people/

Definite problems, but it's a starting job

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Hardee's part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a decent enough first job. Some of the shift managers were pleasant to work for - hard working, considerate of availability and balance. High performing employees were recognized and promoted when shift manager positions were open. It's a good place to get customer service experience. Like a lot of entry level food service jobs, no experience was required to get hired. Most of the other employees were friendly.

Cons

At the time, bad management was pretty evident. They routinely scheduled me for times I couldn't work, even though my availability was the same every week. They occasionally clocked people out without telling them when they got near 30 hours. We also weren't allowed to take breaks, even though being scheduled for 10 hour shifts was pretty common. The best you could get was eating a leftover biscuit in a corner of the kitchen if there was a lull between breakfast and lunch. Tendency to micromanage the little things while being absent for big ones. Transferring is near impossible if the store you're at doesn't want to lose you. The general manager was the main problem; I'm not sure if she's still there.

Because it is a minimum wage job, the turnover is really high, and people tend to not treat it seriously. No call no shows were frequent, and that led the store to be seriously understaffed frequently. There were multiple days when I was one of only two employees in the store - one in the kitchen, one in the front. Some customers get irate when they have to wait, but there's really no way around it. Unfortunately, chronic no call no show employees were almost never disciplined, so it kept happening.

No insurance or benefits, but it's a minimum wage, part time position. The shift managers did get benefits, but they were seriously overworked. 50 hours a week was pretty common for them.

Be willing to deal with seriously underperforming employees, even if it means replacing them. Hire new employees quicker.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sucks to work here if you are not in school!

Current Employee - Back Line Cook  in  Clintwood, VA
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Clintwood, VA

I have been working at Hardee's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Somewhat decent hours
    It was close to my home
    Worked with me on scheduling before they got a new manager

Cons

-Other shifts didn't take care of all there work
    -Management is hard to get along with
    -Hire/promote people to management who don't know what they are doing (After 5 months of a girl still not knowing her job they promoted her to a shift leader and still a year later doesn't know what she is doing)
    -No longer hire high school kids
    -If you get overtime by accident you get jumped all over for it! If you live where it snows a lot and agree to be on the "snow team" don't agree to go in if you have a chance to get overtime they will cut your hours back to 20/week!!!
    -Make it impossible to get full time
    -Make it impossible to get a paid vacation until you hit 5 years then you have another 5 years before you get another one

Take a few minutes to listen to your employees
    When you promote somebody to some form of management make sure they know there job!

It's a headache

I have been working at Hardee's

Pros

family orientated, safe, customers are sweet, appreciation from management

Cons

hours, pay, too much work for too little

low wadges but great work atmosphere

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Dundee, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Dundee, FL

I worked at Hardee's part-time for less than a year

Pros

the customers was always great, friendly coworkers, hard working people for the most part some laziness, decent work life balance.

Cons

very low wadges, disorganized at time, I am sure my district manager was a racist, not enough workers to meet the customers demands, management expect to much and pays to little.

pay your employees and maybe the turn over wont be so ba

Very uncaring upper management.

Current Employee - Shift Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The great customers I have is the only pro.

Cons

Not enough labor hours and constantly cutting. They cut back on everything in the stores but, don't spare an expense on field positions. District managers just got brand new Ford fusions and they cut back labor in stores by about 4%. We're constantly expected to do the job of a manager as well as running crew positions. Not enough focus on the people who open and close the stores everyday. No recognition for hard work and those who slack off are not reprimanded.

Spend a little time showing the little people that we're appreciated.

Great But Challenging

Current Employee - Crew Trainer  in  La Follette, TN
    Current Employee - Crew Trainer in La Follette, TN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Decent Hours
    Conditionally Discounted Food
    Free Drinks
    Great Job for First Joining the Workforce.

Cons

No Raises or Promotions Unless YOU ask THEM outright
    Large Workload
    Low Pay / Few Benefits
    Work Experience Dependent on the Managers' Personalities and Compassion for Others

Treat your Crew Members with respect. Get in there and help your crew people when you see they need help. Shift leaders, your jobs are to make sure everybody gets theirs done on time and that everything does get done, sometimes this means helping Crew Members with their chores, even if you think it beneath you.
    Basically, treat your employees how you would want to be treated if you was in their position. Give compliments for a good job well done.

Good company

I worked at Hardee's

Pros

Great co-workers, easy work, great management

Cons

Stressful, work short staffed, moderate pay

Alright

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - General Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Hardee's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your on your own from day 1

Cons

dm are so disconnected from stores

get more connected

Worked for Hardee's? Contribute to the Community!