Hardee's Reviews

162 reviews filtered by
3.1
Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder
Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • Easy to learn job responsibilities (in 4 reviews)

• Helps you to build skills with multi-tasking and giving great customer service (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • 15 cents above minimum wage per hour, constantly understaffed, people quiting constantly (in 10 reviews)

• Work hard for very low pay and I have been there a year and am a Crew Trainer (in 7 reviews)

1. mostly a joke of corporate oversite

Former Employee - General Manager in New Ulm, MN
    Former Employee - General Manager in New Ulm, MN

I worked at Hardee's

Pros

Decent compensation, great if you like working 100 hour weeks for no extra OT

Cons

Clueless FBC, clueless upper management and franchise ownership

Advice to Management

Grow trust, learn succession, do better recruiting, learn real local store marketing

2. Nepotism and Professionalism

Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hardee's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freshly made food daily and available for a discount for employees.

Cons

Beware:Nepotism and cliche' workplace cliques abound.

Advice to Management

Interpersonal relations with co-workers should remain professional and impartial within the confines of the establishment.

3. Worst ran company

Former Employee - General Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - General Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Hardee's

Pros

They tell you a balance of work and home life. But it is not true

Cons

Everything. The company is broke , you have to worry about your paychecks not bouncing.

Advice to Management

Do not work there it will save you a lot if stress and headache

5. It was fast paced, short staffed and unorganized

Former Employee - DT Cashier in Bristol, VA
    Former Employee - DT Cashier in Bristol, VA

I worked at Hardee's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I got 40 hours and customers loved me. I liked cleaning so I got to express myself.

Cons

Demanding customers and its a fast paced environment and you have to work extra if someone calls into work.

Advice to Management

Hire more people its extremely stressful.

6. shift manager

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Boaz, AL
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Boaz, AL

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great crew to work with

Cons

you are promised a bonus if u make all service times, and food cost and labor only to find out that you have to be a manager so long before you get it so the other people get the bonus for your hard work. The assistant manager and general manager come in and leave when they want but make sure they are there when the higher ups come in. The pay sucks and you have to do every thing the assistant manager gets paid to do for 8.00hr. have to be there a year before you get insurance then it is a third of your pay with a 5000 dollar deductible. have to travel for meetings and classes up to 60 miles away and don't get paid mileage or drive time. you get handed a lot of empty promises.

When Hardees hires from outside the company for managers they make promises that are totally untrue.

Former Employee - General Manager In Training in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - General Manager In Training in Washington, DC

I worked at Hardee's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I see no pros in working for this company as a general manager. If your idea of a general managers job is to develop
    your employees,interact with customers and increase unit sales do not choose this company!

Cons

If you are hired by Hardees as a GM in training you will be totally disappointed! My first interview was with the human resource director. I was quoted a very generous salary plus a lucrative bonus program, a full benefit package, a five day 45-50 hr. work week. and a quality of life position. I had two further interviews with a district manager and the vice president of the company and was told the same things as in my first interview.It wasn't until I met with my training GM that I was informed that I would be earning minimum wage for my six months of training and my quoted salary and benefit package would not take effect until I became a GM of my own unit. Further, there were no hours budgeted for my training and my 45-50 hours per week were part of the units allowed weekly hours. This resulted in my having to work an hourly station for 8 hrs. a day and allowed only 2 hrs. a day for any type of management training. It also resulted in the manager having to cut 45-50 hrs. from the current hourly employees. I feel that I was totally mislead, deceived, and flat out lied to by executive management when offered this position. A general manager at Hardees is no more than a glorified crew member required to work stations on a daily basis in order to meet hourly budgets allowing for no time to spend on training or development of staff or interaction with customers.

Advice to Management

If Hardees is going to hire management from outside the company the hours required to train that manager should be charged to corporate and not the unit. Unit hourly budgets should be adjusted so that managers do not have to man hourly stations 8 hrs. a day to meet those budgets. Budgeted hours should reflect the realistic needs of hourly labor required to operate the unit and allow for managers to manage, develop, train their employees and to cultivate relationships with customers.

8. Embarrassment of a company with incompetent upper level management.

Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had steady hours, and i loved my co-workers. 5 dollar's worth of free food on days you worked.

Cons

Upper management are incompetent. No communication between upper management and entry level employees. Rude customers. The biggest problem: understaffed and under appreciated. Spent 3.5 years working 40 + hours a week for this embarrassment of a company and was let go after a customer was upset with there experience and called and complained. Never work for this company, especially if it is under Boddie-Noell, they're the worst.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Take time to listen to your people on the front line and making the food (the people busting their butt so you can have your undeserved company car and salary.

9. Treat employee's and management like crap!

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked there for 3 years and hated every second of it, just needed a job, was shift manager,
    I guess a pro could be that its a steady paycheck. Cant think of any other pro.

Cons

there are so many cons, management is ok, its the big time management that sucks. Not reliable with hours, will only use u when they need you, terrible customers, sometimes you wont get paid for a few days AFTER payday, payroll will continually mess up your paychecks and perhaps put them on other peoples check. They expect you to do so much work but don't want to pay you any money.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees! they are people too! you can not run a successful business with employees that hate there job because they are being treated like crap! Pay your managers some money! when someone quits it is our responsibility to work 40 plus hours at 9 bucks an hour? unacceptable!

10. EH, for a first time job I guess it's about equal with everywhere else.

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have good food that you can usually sneak and eat, I met a lot of nice people there.

Cons

Very low pay, I started at 7.25 as just a cook and only went up to 9.25 when I became a shift lead. Management doesn't care about anything, very low staffed, I remember being there 3 hours after close because we had been short on people all day. Lots of people on drugs work there, including the current and last general manager, have to always watch your things I had money stolen from me there. No benefits but that's to be expected. I knew a woman who started in 1983 and she was only up to 10.50 an hour! That's insane.

Advice to Management

Make everyone take a drug test, promote people to management who actually know what they are doing, care more about your employees and LOWER YOUR PRICES. people dont want to pay twenty dollars for 2 burgers, 2 fries, and two drinks. Plus, your district manager is just an idiot.

Very uncaring upper management.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The great customers I have is the only pro.

Cons

Not enough labor hours and constantly cutting. They cut back on everything in the stores but, don't spare an expense on field positions. District managers just got brand new Ford fusions and they cut back labor in stores by about 4%. We're constantly expected to do the job of a manager as well as running crew positions. Not enough focus on the people who open and close the stores everyday. No recognition for hard work and those who slack off are not reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Spend a little time showing the little people that we're appreciated.

Hardee's Photos