Hardee's

Hardee's Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder

Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • Easy to learn job responsibilities (in 4 reviews)

• Helps you to build skills with multi-tasking and giving great customer service (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage, which is to be expected, but is still not the best (in 8 reviews)

• long hours and you will need great math skills (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Sucks to work here if you are not in school!

Back Line Cook (Current Employee) Clintwood, VA

ProsSomewhat decent hours
    It was close to my home
    Worked with me on scheduling before they got a new manager

Cons-Other shifts didn't take care of all there work
    -Management is hard to get along with
    -Hire/promote people to management who don't know what they are doing (After 5 months of a girl still not knowing her job they promoted her to a shift leader and still a year later doesn't know what she is doing)
    -No longer hire high school kids
    -If you get overtime by accident you get jumped all over for it! If you live where it snows a lot and agree to be on the "snow team" don't agree to go in if you have a chance to get overtime they will cut your hours back to 20/week!!!
    -Make it impossible to get full time
    -Make it impossible to get a paid vacation until you hit 5 years then you have another 5 years before you get another one

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a few minutes to listen to your employees
    When you promote somebody to some form of management make sure they know there job!

It's a headache

Prosfamily orientated, safe, customers are sweet, appreciation from management

Conshours, pay, too much work for too little

Badly ran company and horrible place to work

General Manager (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe customers, food, location, employees

ConsThey tell you everything you want to hear but after you start, your life will be coming nothing but hardees. You will have to work every day. and can never do enough to please the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

"Worst restaurant employer ever!"

Back Line Cook (Former Employee) Jefferson City, TN

Pros"None that I can think of"

ConsMany. Company does not care at all about it's employees. Very difficult to get a raise. You will never succeed at your job. This company closely resembles third world country sweat shops. They demand more and more everyday from their employees. Minimum wage and low hours. Managers yell and belittle the employees in front of customers. Very dirty kitchen with water leaking from ceiling and coming up from drain. I was very surprised to see a corporate restaurant being allowed to operate at this level. I feel Hardees Corp. should be sold, and let someone who knows what their doing run it.

Advice to Senior Management"Get it together" You all treat your employees like pure c*&p!

low wadges but great work atmosphere

Cashier (Former Employee) Dundee, FL

Prosthe customers was always great, friendly coworkers, hard working people for the most part some laziness, decent work life balance.

Consvery low wadges, disorganized at time, I am sure my district manager was a racist, not enough workers to meet the customers demands, management expect to much and pays to little.

Advice to Senior Managementpay your employees and maybe the turn over wont be so ba

cool

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfree food and nice people

Constoo hot in the summer

Pleasant

Crew Trainer (Former Employee) Roanoke, VA

ProsYou meet good people in the environment

ConsOverworked and not enough pay

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more raises show your appreciation

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, easy work, great management

ConsStressful, work short staffed, moderate pay

Great But Challenging

Crew Trainer (Current Employee) La Follette, TN

ProsFlexible Schedule
    Decent Hours
    Conditionally Discounted Food
    Free Drinks
    Great Job for First Joining the Workforce.

ConsNo Raises or Promotions Unless YOU ask THEM outright
    Large Workload
    Low Pay / Few Benefits
    Work Experience Dependent on the Managers' Personalities and Compassion for Others

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your Crew Members with respect. Get in there and help your crew people when you see they need help. Shift leaders, your jobs are to make sure everybody gets theirs done on time and that everything does get done, sometimes this means helping Crew Members with their chores, even if you think it beneath you.
    Basically, treat your employees how you would want to be treated if you was in their position. Give compliments for a good job well done.

Overworked, and underpaid.

Shift Leader (Current Employee) Faribault, MN

ProsThe people are fun to work with. It literally took me 5 minutes to think of anything good.

ConsI've been working for Hardee's for 11 years now and have been a shift leader for 10 of it. Because they give very little in raises and since as always the price of life goes up I was forced to get a second job. So, for the last year and a half I've been working 60 to 70 hours a week with out a break. I find it funny that a company that loves to raise their prices (about 3 times a year) sure have a hard time giving more to the people that help make them money. And I am tired of hearing "if it wasn't for the customer you wouldn't have a job. " No, if it wasn't for the employees you Wouldn't have a business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better you cheapskate

Worked for Hardee's? Contribute to the Community!