Hardee's Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

awful-general manager you want stress work for them

Former Employee - General Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Hardee's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I didn't see any a mess

Cons

long hours management are lost in how to run a business .a unorganized mess.no values.I hated this place and have been in the business for years.send you away for ten weeks.and if they have a house full of Mexicans that don't speak English need to read lips. they think your taken their jobs and get ugly.training could be good but to many are telling and screaming for you to do something diffent.never ever would I work for them again.Just don't see them around in the future.work hourlys to death brings them to tears they have to much to do.biscuit maker was to keep biscuit dishes run grill set up for lunch.

Advice to Management

everything's not about sex,A COMPANY HAS TO HAVE ETHICS AND VALUES,get yourself organized.Great product to much in one area give those people some lapor.Pays good just not worth it.

Save yourself Now!!

Former Employee - Geberal Manager in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Geberal Manager in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to advance if you can suck up to the right people.

Cons

First of all, the hours are horrible. If you want to make any sort of money in this company, you have to advance to management where you are called in all the time to work in your "off-time". Hardee's is open 365 days a year: I had to work every single holiday, including Christmas. This company treats their employees like crap because they don't care how much you work or how hard you work, they are only focused on profit. They do not care about their people. This was the worst job I have ever had in my life, and unfortunately I gave them ten years of my life. I wish I would have quit much, much sooner.

Advice to Management

Start focusing on the General Manager's more- Give them some help for the love of god- They can't do EVERYTHING by themselves and you can't expect them to motivate minimum wage employees to work hours that nobody in their right mind would work.

Long hours, no breaks, and most unprofessional managers I have worked for!

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time

Pros

Good food. A few good co-workers.

Cons

Long hours, gm refuses to give breaks, most unprofessional managers that bad mouth their hard-working employees and keep the bad ones. Horrible!!

Advice to Management

Grow up and manage instead of bad mouthing people! Help your employees rather than get mad or do nothing. Give people breaks before you lose all of your good employees!

Crappy Management

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hazard, KY
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Hazard, KY

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing is good about this place

Cons

Management is crazy and no good

Advice to Management

Get a grip and quit treating employees like crap.

"Worst restaurant employer ever!"

Former Employee - Back Line Cook in Jefferson City, TN
    Former Employee - Back Line Cook in Jefferson City, TN

I worked at Hardee's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

"None that I can think of"

Cons

Many. Company does not care at all about it's employees. Very difficult to get a raise. You will never succeed at your job. This company closely resembles third world country sweat shops. They demand more and more everyday from their employees. Minimum wage and low hours. Managers yell and belittle the employees in front of customers. Very dirty kitchen with water leaking from ceiling and coming up from drain. I was very surprised to see a corporate restaurant being allowed to operate at this level. I feel Hardees Corp. should be sold, and let someone who knows what their doing run it.

Advice to Management

"Get it together" You all treat your employees like pure c*&p!

Very uncaring upper management.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The great customers I have is the only pro.

Cons

Not enough labor hours and constantly cutting. They cut back on everything in the stores but, don't spare an expense on field positions. District managers just got brand new Ford fusions and they cut back labor in stores by about 4%. We're constantly expected to do the job of a manager as well as running crew positions. Not enough focus on the people who open and close the stores everyday. No recognition for hard work and those who slack off are not reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Spend a little time showing the little people that we're appreciated.

8. EH, for a first time job I guess it's about equal with everywhere else.

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have good food that you can usually sneak and eat, I met a lot of nice people there.

Cons

Very low pay, I started at 7.25 as just a cook and only went up to 9.25 when I became a shift lead. Management doesn't care about anything, very low staffed, I remember being there 3 hours after close because we had been short on people all day. Lots of people on drugs work there, including the current and last general manager, have to always watch your things I had money stolen from me there. No benefits but that's to be expected. I knew a woman who started in 1983 and she was only up to 10.50 an hour! That's insane.

Advice to Management

Make everyone take a drug test, promote people to management who actually know what they are doing, care more about your employees and LOWER YOUR PRICES. people dont want to pay twenty dollars for 2 burgers, 2 fries, and two drinks. Plus, your district manager is just an idiot.

9. Treat employee's and management like crap!

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked there for 3 years and hated every second of it, just needed a job, was shift manager, I guess a pro could be that its a steady paycheck. Cant think of any other pro.

Cons

there are so many cons, management is ok, its the big time management that sucks. Not reliable with hours, will only use u when they need you, terrible customers, sometimes you wont get paid for a few days AFTER payday, payroll will continually mess up your paychecks and perhaps put them on other peoples check. They expect you to do so much work but don't want to pay you any money.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees! they are people too! you can not run a successful business with employees that hate there job because they are being treated like crap! Pay your managers some money! when someone quits it is our responsibility to work 40 plus hours at 9 bucks an hour? unacceptable!

10. Embarrassment of a company with incompetent upper level management.

Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Hardee's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had steady hours, and i loved my co-workers. 5 dollar's worth of free food on days you worked.

Cons

Upper management are incompetent. No communication between upper management and entry level employees. Rude customers. The biggest problem: understaffed and under appreciated. Spent 3.5 years working 40 + hours a week for this embarrassment of a company and was let go after a customer was upset with there experience and called and complained. Never work for this company, especially if it is under Boddie-Noell, they're the worst.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Take time to listen to your people on the front line and making the food (the people busting their butt so you can have your undeserved company car and salary.

When Hardees hires from outside the company for managers they make promises that are totally untrue.

Former Employee - General Manager In Training in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - General Manager In Training in Washington, DC

I worked at Hardee's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I see no pros in working for this company as a general manager. If your idea of a general managers job is to develop your employees,interact with customers and increase unit sales do not choose this company!

Cons

If you are hired by Hardees as a GM in training you will be totally disappointed! My first interview was with the human resource director. I was quoted a very generous salary plus a lucrative bonus program, a full benefit package, a five day 45-50 hr. work week. and a quality of life position. I had two further interviews with a district manager and the vice president of the company and was told the same things as in my first interview.It wasn't until I met with my training GM that I was informed that I would be earning minimum wage for my six months of training and my quoted salary and benefit package would not take effect until I became a GM of my own unit. Further, there were no hours budgeted for my training and my 45-50 hours per week were part of the units allowed weekly hours. This resulted in my having to work an hourly station for 8 hrs. a day and allowed only 2 hrs. a day for any type of management training. It also resulted in the manager having to cut 45-50 hrs. from the current hourly employees. I feel that I was totally mislead, deceived, and flat out lied to by executive management when offered this position. A general manager at Hardees is no more than a glorified crew member required to work stations on a daily basis in order to meet hourly budgets allowing for no time to spend on training or development of staff or interaction with customers.

Advice to Management

If Hardees is going to hire management from outside the company the hours required to train that manager should be charged to corporate and not the unit. Unit hourly budgets should be adjusted so that managers do not have to man hourly stations 8 hrs. a day to meet those budgets. Budgeted hours should reflect the realistic needs of hourly labor required to operate the unit and allow for managers to manage, develop, train their employees and to cultivate relationships with customers.

RSS Feed </> Embed