Hardee's Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
153 reviews filtered by

When Hardees hires from outside the company for managers they make promises that are totally untrue.

Former Employee - General Manager In Training in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - General Manager In Training in Washington, DC

I worked at Hardee's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I see no pros in working for this company as a general manager. If your idea of a general managers job is to develop
    your employees,interact with customers and increase unit sales do not choose this company!

Cons

If you are hired by Hardees as a GM in training you will be totally disappointed! My first interview was with the human resource director. I was quoted a very generous salary plus a lucrative bonus program, a full benefit package, a five day 45-50 hr. work week. and a quality of life position. I had two further interviews with a district manager and the vice president of the company and was told the same things as in my first interview.It wasn't until I met with my training GM that I was informed that I would be earning minimum wage for my six months of training and my quoted salary and benefit package would not take effect until I became a GM of my own unit. Further, there were no hours budgeted for my training and my 45-50 hours per week were part of the units allowed weekly hours. This resulted in my having to work an hourly station for 8 hrs. a day and allowed only 2 hrs. a day for any type of management training. It also resulted in the manager having to cut 45-50 hrs. from the current hourly employees. I feel that I was totally mislead, deceived, and flat out lied to by executive management when offered this position. A general manager at Hardees is no more than a glorified crew member required to work stations on a daily basis in order to meet hourly budgets allowing for no time to spend on training or development of staff or interaction with customers.

If Hardees is going to hire management from outside the company the hours required to train that manager should be charged to corporate and not the unit. Unit hourly budgets should be adjusted so that managers do not have to man hourly stations 8 hrs. a day to meet those budgets. Budgeted hours should reflect the realistic needs of hourly labor required to operate the unit and allow for managers to manage, develop, train their employees and to cultivate relationships with customers.

2. bad

Former Employee - General Manager in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Athens, GA

I worked at Hardee's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good burger training bad ,

Cons

training bad,good burgers ,no perks

change program

3. Great!!!

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, great employers, and f

Cons

Some really mean and rude customers

Perks

5. A good first job.

Current Employee - Cashier/DT Cashier in Niles, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier/DT Cashier in Niles, MI

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

people friendly orientated job, A good management team as well.

Cons

work many hours for just a little pay.

OK place

Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Marion, NC
    Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Marion, NC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time

Pros

It's a good place to start out at, Co- Workers are very nice

Cons

Work hard for very low pay and I have been there a year and am a Crew Trainer

More pay would be nice

7. Embarrassment of a company with incompetent upper level management.

Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Hardee's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had steady hours, and i loved my co-workers. 5 dollar's worth of free food on days you worked.

Cons

Upper management are incompetent. No communication between upper management and entry level employees. Rude customers. The biggest problem: understaffed and under appreciated. Spent 3.5 years working 40 + hours a week for this embarrassment of a company and was let go after a customer was upset with there experience and called and complained. Never work for this company, especially if it is under Boddie-Noell, they're the worst.

Care about your employees. Take time to listen to your people on the front line and making the food (the people busting their butt so you can have your undeserved company car and salary.

8. Unhappy Experience with Hard Work and No Reward EVER

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Hamilton, AL
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Hamilton, AL

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

People you work with are friendly and helpful.
    Staff Managers are friendly but with respect issues.
    Teamwork is good when they staff enough people to have a team.

Cons

Hours are screwed up badly because of Management.
    No raise with the hardest hours and still at $7.25
    Weekends and busiest days are the only part time I get so be cautious if you ever want weekend to yourself even if you give them a week's notice.
    Understaffed badly needs improvement.
    Hardly trained and expect to do everything the same week.
    IT's A HORRIBLE JOB WERE THEY THINK EVERYONE IS THEIR DOORMAT.
    Don't work here for your first fast food job.

Management needs to be more understanding of what the workers do for this very little pay and should consider hiring more people so your best workers aren't miserable doing everything by themselves while the management "Supervises" and still expect more from the workers.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Prep in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Prep in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Early morning hours easy work

Cons

Not enough hours doesn't matter if you have perfect attendance for 6 months as I do.no raise still only 12-20 hours a week

Alright starting job.

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not alot of customers. Not much training required. Usually very flexible hours. Provide $5 for meals if you go over you have to pay the difference.

Cons

Closing is bad you usually are by yourself and have to prepare meals and clean at the same time. You will get random rushes at night sometimes 5 minutes before you close. Very strict managers. Sometimes you have to clean breakfast dishes if they weren't cleaned properly. You are expected to be out by 10:20 but very hard when you have to prepare food and clean by yourself.

Hire more people/

11. Treat employee's and management like crap!

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Hardee's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked there for 3 years and hated every second of it, just needed a job, was shift manager,
    I guess a pro could be that its a steady paycheck. Cant think of any other pro.

Cons

there are so many cons, management is ok, its the big time management that sucks. Not reliable with hours, will only use u when they need you, terrible customers, sometimes you wont get paid for a few days AFTER payday, payroll will continually mess up your paychecks and perhaps put them on other peoples check. They expect you to do so much work but don't want to pay you any money.

Care about your employees! they are people too! you can not run a successful business with employees that hate there job because they are being treated like crap! Pay your managers some money! when someone quits it is our responsibility to work 40 plus hours at 9 bucks an hour? unacceptable!

Hardee's Photos