Hardee's

Hardee's Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder

Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • Easy to learn job responsibilities (in 4 reviews)

• Helps you to build skills with multi-tasking and giving great customer service (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage, which is to be expected, but is still not the best (in 8 reviews)

• long hours and you will need great math skills (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Harder than BK but easier than McD's

Crew Member (Former Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsThe managers are pretty fair, I got all the hours I wanted by proving that I was a hard worker. Their registers were pretty modern and easy to work. There was plenty of space in the back line to move around and store things. You have to prep alot more of the food than you do at BK. However, the pace isn't as hectic as McD.

ConsNot enough cleaning was enforced, so there were areas with significant grime build-up. Managers weren't quite strict enough on all employees, so some people ended up skating by without having to work that hard. You only get 30% discount on employee meals. There was no talk about getting a performance review or a raise at month 6 (or month 9 for that matter).

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your employee's performance more regularly as you promise you will in the handbook. A lot of turnover is happening because some people who deserve raises aren't getting them.

Hardees

Cook (Current Employee) Holly Hill, SC

ProsFellow employees and at least it provided me with work

ConsNo pay raise after 1 year and 8 months on the job

A good place to work which offers opportunity for advancement

ProsA small, friendly environment to work in.

ConsToo many cleaning duties for the crew when the restaurant is expecting a QA

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a great part time job!

Hardees General Labor (Current Employee) Wake Forest, NC

Prosexcellent written procedures works well when used properly customers can get great food quickly and friendly if used properly.

Consrestaurants have procedures posted as tools for management as well as employee, but it rarely seem to come together and flow

Advice to Senior Managementcan be super restaurant has awesome food but takes to long to deliver product to customer due to management lack of focus in most cases, I dont usually blame the employees as it is managements job to manage. Would like to see managers trained better before getting positions, and perhaps take some sort of time management coarse, they are wasteing your money! also notice poster in back of store with 1800 number would like company to create policy about bullying

Learning and growing experience

Shift Leader (Current Employee)

ProsThe management team isn't hard to get along with.
    Good teamwork and everyone works together well.
    They offer excellent customer service to their customers.

ConsThey pay isn't that great, but it is fast food.
    You Dont get 40 hours a week unless your upper management.
    When training there you only get 3 days to train.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont be scared to put your foot down and discipline your employees.
    Set limits and dont change or bend them for no one.
    Adhere to all policies and procedures whether set forth by you or corporate.

its ok

General Manager (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC

Prospeople can make your store

Conspay is terrible! hours are long and repetitive

Advice to Senior Managementbe more realistic in your expecttions

It's okay

General Manager (Current Employee) Springfield, MO

ProsIt's easy to learn and do. The positions are all-but self explanitory. If you just do the common sense things you'll be about as good as anyone they can find to hire.

ConsThe company has grown and is struggling to figure out how to operate well. Way behind the times in training, management practices, and store layout. The owner seems to really only care about customers view and afforable changes to improve that and overlooks all the broken equipment and frustrations for those actually working in the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementFace the reality, even when it's hard, and staff apporpriately on the district level. Too many stores per DM is lowering the effectiveness. Also, technology can help the overwhelming work load in stores if you'll just hire IT help and get it figured out for good. Make what you pay for work for you not against you.

unfair and just unfair

Cashier (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC

Prosgot my 30-40 hours every week, was gettin my yearly raise, got along great with all my employees.

Conscustomers was always rude, no matter how nice you was. they called the hotline for everything. policy just seem dumb.

Advice to Senior Managementif Boddie-Noell was brothers, why cant employees work together that are related?? that is so backwards. I now have to transfer a job that i had for 3 years to another hardees because somebody called the hotline and said i was working with a relative. i think it is unfair, and i should have a say so instead i just have to leave, its like im held against my will. what is the problem with working with a family member ??? That is the dumbest thing i had ever heard. i think hardees has the most strict policy known to mankind.

BLAH

Crew Member (Former Employee)

ProsPay raise every 3 months. Couple cents.
    Great for desperate people looking for a job.
    Great starter job.

ConsManagers were always fighting.
    Working in fast food will not get you many places.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet yourself together.

cashier

Cashier (Current Employee) North Charleston, SC

Prosdiscount on food but only 50%

Conspay was minimum mage with no bonus

Advice to Senior Managementtreat crew workers nicer

Worked for Hardee's? Contribute to the Community!