Hardee's

Updated August 14, 2014

2.7

Hardee's President and CEO Andrew F. Puzder
Andrew F. Puzder

Pros
  • Easy to learn job responsibilities (in 4 reviews)

• Helps you to build skills with multi-tasking and giving great customer service (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimum wage, which is to be expected, but is still not the best (in 8 reviews)

• long hours and you will need great math skills (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Susceptible to small-town drama

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

Typical managerial work. Learn the expected procedures, follow the rules, and you can make a steady, albeit small, paycheck.

Cons

Low salary for entry-level management. Very strict procedures concerning inventory, drive-through reporting, etc. Long training program a bit too far away from home. District and regional managers that were very hard to respect.

Good for part time but becomes a bit mundane

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Boone, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Boone, NC

Pros

Decent job to have while in school. Flexible hours and management is understanding. Easy to learn job responsibilities. Easy to leave and easy to return.

Cons

Can be stressful during peak hours. Menial work can get a bit repetitive. Job becomes mundane after awhile. Not a job to make a career out of.

great starter job

Pros

easy quick money for kids

Cons

pay theres really no cons, great bunch of people and had a lot of fun

none

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Harder than BK but easier than McD's

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Springfield, MO

Pros

The managers are pretty fair, I got all the hours I wanted by proving that I was a hard worker. Their registers were pretty modern and easy to work. There was plenty of space in the back line to move around and store things. You have to prep alot more of the food than you do at BK. However, the pace isn't as hectic as McD.

Cons

Not enough cleaning was enforced, so there were areas with significant grime build-up. Managers weren't quite strict enough on all employees, so some people ended up skating by without having to work that hard. You only get 30% discount on employee meals. There was no talk about getting a performance review or a raise at month 6 (or month 9 for that matter).

Review your employee's performance more regularly as you promise you will in the handbook. A lot of turnover is happening because some people who deserve raises aren't getting them.

Terrible Treatment of Employees

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Jacksonville, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Jacksonville, IL

Pros

fast paced job with something to do at all times
    the food is great tasting and good quality

Cons

I was treated horribly by management and coworkers
    I was the ONLY person who showed up to work on time
    My hours were horrible and manager did not take my school work into consideration
    Health practices were disgusting and many cooks did not wear gloves or hair nets

Hard work pays off......

Current Employee - Cook  in  Do‘stlik, Namangan (Uzbekistan)
    Current Employee - Cook in Do‘stlik, Namangan (Uzbekistan)

Pros

:-)...Sup...Why am I taking the time to write this? First Im bored 2nd I want to reach the youth (mainly 16-25)...I see people striking standing up for what they believe in and I applaud that but the problem is (and i maybe out of touch idk) this...You had no p.o.a. but Im not striking because there is no Official Union and I was brought up to believe you strike to get what u want and u dont stop.....Now if u want more money Im going to tell you how to get it....It took me a long time to realize that you have to be willing to work and work hard when you are on the clock....That means doing things without having needed to be told to do so....MOTIVATION.....Knowing what needs to be done and doing it because u see a problem that needs to be corrected before it becomes a bigger problem...Like for instance You see a stack of dishes and its almost lunch and the dude in the back is behind a little, thats when you have have 2 or 3 minutes of downtime you knock out a couple of them....You see a spill you wipe it up even if you didnt do it....I draw a line at the bathroom though but no one perfect...Nobody on this earth surface is....lil jigga...Im telling you this!!! You dont HAVE to make 7 whatever or 8.....or 9 for that matter.....Im killing alot of the salaries on there and Im only a cook.I dont know 9 bucks an hour....Real talk I could be one of the highest paid red shirts in the country..But you know what....I earn every penny I bring home...Hard work gets noticed....Persistence and consistency brings the money....You gotta earn that ish though...You cant strike....Then show up the next day and...Nothings accomplished.. I personally feel hard work( not really hard) will get you further in life...Thats everything you do in life.....The reason why you guys are striking is because of the high turn over ratio....
    They dont take you for real and you gotta get noticed...I could be wrong...Ive been wrong before but so far my hard work theory is paying off...And if you think about it...Forgot what i was gonna say.....But u get the point.

You gotta look at work like this...Hardees is renting your services for x amount of dollars.

Get your thinking right!!!!

Cons

Politics...Minimum wage salaries. No benefits for the hard working person just trying to do right and cant afford a dentist or get their car fix without saving up for a month or 2.

If you paid for the quality of work you expect, thats what you are gonna get.If you pay minimum wage chances are you are gonna get minimum work...Digwhatimsayin? If you want $6 dollar service its in the best interest of all parties involved that you pay $6 service money...Im not saying just go handing out raises but those who deserve it, should get it....I think anyone who can sit on a grill for 8hrs straight is definitely worth more than 7 whatever an hour...Come on...Thats the back bone....Wise managers respect and keep good workers and that respect is given back....Sure you can "Replace" people for minimum wage but that door will keep revolving....We have a decent core group (I think) where I work and we are NOT touching minimum wage..and Im not talking 8 bucks either....Our manager doesnt bother us and we get it done without him barking at us cause at the end of the day..Were all Grown Ups...Shout out to Scott Baio!

cashier

Pros

i got paid, it wasnt much at all but i did get some money. just somewhere i worked till somone offred me a better job with better pay.

Cons

my management team were horrible, so much dissorgainzation
    they all smoked weed all the time
    and they treated you like a slave for minium wage

Hardees

Current Employee - Cook  in  Holly Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Cook in Holly Hill, SC

Pros

Fellow employees and at least it provided me with work

Cons

No pay raise after 1 year and 8 months on the job

loved it

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Cashier in Anchorage, AK

Pros

loved making fries for people

Cons

none. i loved that job man

you are doing a great job

Great job with lots of room to grow

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Hickory, NC

Pros

great people and always someone new

Cons

long hours and you will need great math skills

Worked for Hardee's? Contribute to the Community!