Hardee's Reviews

160 reviews filtered by

1. A good first job.

Current Employee - Cashier/DT Cashier in Niles, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier/DT Cashier in Niles, MI

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

people friendly orientated job, A good management team as well.

Cons

work many hours for just a little pay.

OK place

Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Marion, NC
    Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Marion, NC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time

Pros

It's a good place to start out at, Co- Workers are very nice

Cons

Work hard for very low pay and I have been there a year and am a Crew Trainer

Advice to Management

More pay would be nice

3. Treat employee's and management like crap!

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Gladstone, MO

I worked at Hardee's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked there for 3 years and hated every second of it, just needed a job, was shift manager,
    I guess a pro could be that its a steady paycheck. Cant think of any other pro.

Cons

there are so many cons, management is ok, its the big time management that sucks. Not reliable with hours, will only use u when they need you, terrible customers, sometimes you wont get paid for a few days AFTER payday, payroll will continually mess up your paychecks and perhaps put them on other peoples check. They expect you to do so much work but don't want to pay you any money.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees! they are people too! you can not run a successful business with employees that hate there job because they are being treated like crap! Pay your managers some money! when someone quits it is our responsibility to work 40 plus hours at 9 bucks an hour? unacceptable!

5. Unhappy Experience with Hard Work and No Reward EVER

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Hamilton, AL
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Hamilton, AL

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

People you work with are friendly and helpful.
    Staff Managers are friendly but with respect issues.
    Teamwork is good when they staff enough people to have a team.

Cons

Hours are screwed up badly because of Management.
    No raise with the hardest hours and still at $7.25
    Weekends and busiest days are the only part time I get so be cautious if you ever want weekend to yourself even if you give them a week's notice.
    Understaffed badly needs improvement.
    Hardly trained and expect to do everything the same week.
    IT's A HORRIBLE JOB WERE THEY THINK EVERYONE IS THEIR DOORMAT.
    Don't work here for your first fast food job.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more understanding of what the workers do for this very little pay and should consider hiring more people so your best workers aren't miserable doing everything by themselves while the management "Supervises" and still expect more from the workers.

Frustrating

Current Employee - Prep in East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Prep in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Early morning hours easy work

Cons

Not enough hours doesn't matter if you have perfect attendance for 6 months as I do.no raise still only 12-20 hours a week

7. EH, for a first time job I guess it's about equal with everywhere else.

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Hardee's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have good food that you can usually sneak and eat, I met a lot of nice people there.

Cons

Very low pay, I started at 7.25 as just a cook and only went up to 9.25 when I became a shift lead. Management doesn't care about anything, very low staffed, I remember being there 3 hours after close because we had been short on people all day. Lots of people on drugs work there, including the current and last general manager, have to always watch your things I had money stolen from me there. No benefits but that's to be expected. I knew a woman who started in 1983 and she was only up to 10.50 an hour! That's insane.

Advice to Management

Make everyone take a drug test, promote people to management who actually know what they are doing, care more about your employees and LOWER YOUR PRICES. people dont want to pay twenty dollars for 2 burgers, 2 fries, and two drinks. Plus, your district manager is just an idiot.

8. Great!!!

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people, great employers, and f

Cons

Some really mean and rude customers

Advice to Management

Perks

Very uncaring upper management.

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Hardee's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The great customers I have is the only pro.

Cons

Not enough labor hours and constantly cutting. They cut back on everything in the stores but, don't spare an expense on field positions. District managers just got brand new Ford fusions and they cut back labor in stores by about 4%. We're constantly expected to do the job of a manager as well as running crew positions. Not enough focus on the people who open and close the stores everyday. No recognition for hard work and those who slack off are not reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Spend a little time showing the little people that we're appreciated.

Alright starting job.

Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC
    Current Employee - Back Line Cook in Goldsboro, NC

I have been working at Hardee's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not alot of customers. Not much training required. Usually very flexible hours. Provide $5 for meals if you go over you have to pay the difference.

Cons

Closing is bad you usually are by yourself and have to prepare meals and clean at the same time. You will get random rushes at night sometimes 5 minutes before you close. Very strict managers. Sometimes you have to clean breakfast dishes if they weren't cleaned properly. You are expected to be out by 10:20 but very hard when you have to prepare food and clean by yourself.

Advice to Management

Hire more people/

11. Definite problems, but it's a starting job

Former Employee - Crew Member in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Hardee's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a decent enough first job. Some of the shift managers were pleasant to work for - hard working, considerate of availability and balance. High performing employees were recognized and promoted when shift manager positions were open. It's a good place to get customer service experience. Like a lot of entry level food service jobs, no experience was required to get hired. Most of the other employees were friendly.

Cons

At the time, bad management was pretty evident. They routinely scheduled me for times I couldn't work, even though my availability was the same every week. They occasionally clocked people out without telling them when they got near 30 hours. We also weren't allowed to take breaks, even though being scheduled for 10 hour shifts was pretty common. The best you could get was eating a leftover biscuit in a corner of the kitchen if there was a lull between breakfast and lunch. Tendency to micromanage the little things while being absent for big ones. Transferring is near impossible if the store you're at doesn't want to lose you. The general manager was the main problem; I'm not sure if she's still there.

Because it is a minimum wage job, the turnover is really high, and people tend to not treat it seriously. No call no shows were frequent, and that led the store to be seriously understaffed frequently. There were multiple days when I was one of only two employees in the store - one in the kitchen, one in the front. Some customers get irate when they have to wait, but there's really no way around it. Unfortunately, chronic no call no show employees were almost never disciplined, so it kept happening.

No insurance or benefits, but it's a minimum wage, part time position. The shift managers did get benefits, but they were seriously overworked. 50 hours a week was pretty common for them.

Advice to Management

Be willing to deal with seriously underperforming employees, even if it means replacing them. Hire new employees quicker.

Hardee's Photos