Hardin Construction

Add Photos

Bill Pinto

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat place, great people, family atmosphere, invested in their employees.

ConsUnfortunately, Hardin no longer exists since bought out by DPR.

Good Place to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Growth Potential. Opportunities abound.

ConsTight Management spending. May have to travel

Advice to Senior Managementsupport your young core

Generally Satisfied Employee

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people to work with, and historically had great projects locally.

ConsLower than average compensation. Used to be offset by opportunity to work on great projects.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok, Not Great, Much Worse Out There

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLike someone else mentioned, management leaves you alone if you are doing your job, this is the reason I stayed as long as I did. They are too busy playing politics in the home office to bother.

ConsYou can make them a ton of money and they feel no desire to share the wealth. Overall feels a bit oppressive if you are doing great work. They keep you in the dark, don't tell you anything because they would have to lie. When Earl Shell sold his stake everyone should have wondered if they were the dumb money buying in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are done, bought out by DPR, too late.

Stay in your box

Senior PM (Former Employee)

ProsUpper management leaves you alone.

ConsUnless you get into one of the protected cliches with a senior advocate you will not move up. This company doesn't really care what it can do for their employees.......it's all about what the employee can do to enrich the ownership. Don't think about getting out of the box either.......it's their way and that's the only way. Innovative?!? Hah, hah!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLet DPR clean out the top and get rid of all the patsies then maybe things can get turned around.

Great place to work where people believe in integrity in business and treat the clients well.

ProsCompetitive salaries
    Advancement opportunities
    Training is abundant and readily available
    Company is geared towards employee needs and advancement
    Client oriented company

ConsNo many downsides at all. Hardin makes sure that it is properly situated for the upcoming economy turns happen. Also , the wealth of knowledge within the company allows it to be very adaptable and able to service its clients across the country.

Hardin is an old company stuck in it's archaic ways. They are very top heavy and which drives up their costs.

ProsGood people to work with in the ranks. All hard working and fun loving.

ConsNo bonuses, 401k matching, salaries are stuck in the gutter.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure this DPR deal goes through well. Otherwise you will be saddled with a bunch of work and no one to put it in place.

Great Austin office

ProsThe Austin office is a bunch of young talented professionals who helped bring Hardin into the market. We work hard and play hard. Great office. Only reason I give it a 3...

ConsCompensation. The people tugging the boat for entire company should get more reward. But hey, we're selling, so who cares. Right Bill & Brantley?

Advice to Senior ManagementGlobally speaking, Hardin should have closed offices not making money and concentrate on regions actually making money......i.e. Texas. Reward those employees too - wow, what a novel idea.

Dissolve Risk Management. It sucks.

Trim upper fat. Really necessary back east, but we are also top end heavy here. For example our Austin office has 1 VP, 1 PCM, 5 CM's and 0 receptionist. That's so brilliant.

Gooooo DPR!!!

Feels like family.......Long Term Possibilities

Vice President (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsHonesty, Integrity, Passion, Ethical, Solid, a lot of long term employees, many "lifers"!

ConsSometimes a little too conservative.......it's a "Risk Business".....we need to get back to practicing "Risk Management", not "Risk Avoidance".....

Great company to work for

ProsFirst class, very ethical company. The recession has hit the construction industry hard so the past couple of years have been tough. However, in my experience as a long-term employee I know that when the company is doing well, they share profits with employees in the form of bonuses and excellent matching for the 401k plan. I feel our upper management does a great job communicating with employees, trying to send out a message at least quarterly on the state of the company and upcoming projects.

ConsWithin the construction industry it's hard to determine someone's next assignment until contracts are signed and projects are ready to start. We just have to be ready to go wherever the next project is located.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate openly with your employees. The quarterly update meetings are very helpful.

Worked for Hardin Construction? Contribute to the Community!