Hargrove

Add Photos

Tim P. McGill

Interesting place to work

Anonymous (Current Employee) Lanham, MD

ProsNo day is the same, everyday a new and different project in places most people only see on television

ConsLack of constancy in yearly reviews. We get told something different every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the people that actually get the work done.

Okay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge company with lots to learn from. Great coworkers and mentors available. Always something to do around the office. Beautiful office, and love the events that are being put on.

ConsThose who work in "lower level" positions do not get paid for the amount of hard work they are putting in, while higher ups are sitting around not knowing how to work a copier/scanner getting paid much much more. Not really any room for growth either.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive some credit to your employees, they deserve it.

Over-worked and Under-paid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get paid every week

ConsNo support from senior management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Weird

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) Lanham, MD

ProsHargrove is located close to DC, is very commutable from all mid Atlantic areas (MD, VA), And has a long history and a good reputation.

ConsIt was the strangest place I ever worked. People didnt make friends with each other, nobody spoke to each other unless they had to for a project, it had the weirdest vibe of anyplace I have ever been.

Great Flexibility

Engineer (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsGreat family oriented atmosphere
    Overtime pay
    Flexible hours
    Pay

ConsHealth Care premiums
    Coordination between departments

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job!

Good if you're good at sucking up

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lanham, MD

ProsHargrove can be a laid-back place to work, but it does have its times, especially when a lot of shows are going on at once. A sense of family is placed on the employees and many employees in fact are the very best of friends. The company is not huge and everyone knows everyone else for the most part. There are planned activities often enough that try to get the employees closer together, and the company has recently started a "go green" initiative as well as community service events to help out.

ConsMoving up is not easy, and is primarily done by networking, not skills. You have to be very close to your "superiors" to have them put in a good word for you. Management is shady often enough. A few employees over the years were fired in weird ways, such as notifying a critical employee just after leaving work not to come in the next day. Another employee was forcibly logged out of his computer and later told to leave. In this and other situations, emails were later send out describing completely different events. You have to remain on everyone's good side to be secure here. Benefits are also not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent! Care more about your employees, and get some modern water fountains.

Worked for Hargrove? Contribute to the Community!