Harland Clarke

Be The First To
Add Photos

Harland Clarke President and CEO Chuck Dawson

Chuck Dawson

Pros
  • The company does have good benefits(in 10 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, room to grow(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Cost cutting is the only game in town(in 6 reviews)

• The company competes in a declining industry and senior management is more concerned with trimming down rather than growing(in 5 reviews)

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company to work for, with stellar leadership (at the time).

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLeadership is fantastic, and always communicative. Company is very customer-focused, and that makes for a very effective team, regardless of your role.

ConsIt's a big company, and it's easy to get a bit lost there. Like most large companies, there are plenty of silos, and lots of tradition. Lots of "because we've always done it this way".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep looking at improving by listening to employees.

struggling to find identity

Middle Management, Corporate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood culture regarding employee respect and engagement

ConsStill struggling to find identity to replace the existing check printer mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

It was a great learning experience.

IT Audit Intern (Current Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsPeople are welcoming and always willing to help. Pay is also pretty good along with benefits.

ConsThere was no cons during the short time I was there.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Billing Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsI liked the Billing Team. I enjoyed working with a smart group of people who's ultimate goal is to get the job done. My team was reliable, dependable and goal-oriented.

ConsRepetitive work, can be unchallenging.

Good Times

Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe best reason to work for HC is the people.

ConsCheck decline, check decline, check decline...

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify

Working at Harland Clarke in Decatur, GA had it's reward. Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsMeeting People, Salary, Incentitive Program, College Encouragement, Schedules.

ConsI e,joyed my work at Harland Clarke.

Good Experience here...I have worked at this company most of my life.

Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsGreat Co Workers and Benefits.

ConsNo cons that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Great team to work with, the people are nice.

Print Production (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people I work with. Up to date technology to use. Entire dept. is Mac. I like what I'm doing for work.

ConsLocation. Recognition. Not much room for advancement in my department. Cafeteria is horrible, the food really isn't that good and no place to eat out.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally hard to say, there are many pros and cons but for the most part the company is run very well.

A huge change from John H. Harland

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Decatur, GA

ProsThe pay was excellent, my co-workers were great. The work was challenging and rewarding and never stopped coming. They kept the team busy and truly worked to finding the next 'NEW THING'. Innovation was something that the company is targeting and striving for since they know and understand that the check printing industry is declining.

ConsCorporate politics came into play 'big time' when the John H. Harland was acquired by Clarke American. The sense of family that was present became lost and it turned into more of a 'what's in it for me' type of company. No one feels safe and it shows, the employees are becoming to overwhelmed and the company keeps downsizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly listen to your employees when they say you want too much too soon. Work/Life Balance has to come into play or employees will keep leaving. Your employees can only do so much.

Plenty of talent mid-level but SLT relies on VP know-nothings who say what is p.c. in order to keep their cushy jobs.

Engineering (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDecent pay. Good benefits. Easy work.

ConsNo future for new employees in an industry that is declining rapidly. Plants will continue to consolidate each year and corporate staffs must also downsize proportionally in order to keep the bean-counters happy. Old-timers have targets on their backs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen more to tenured employees regarding strategic decisions instead of newly hired off the street people from outside who know zero about this niche business. New people doesn't always mean fresh new great ideas. Ask someone who has been in the trenches to get a real solution instead of smoke & mirrors bs from somebody who tells you just what you want to hear.

Worked for Harland Clarke? Contribute to the Community!