Harman Management

4.2

Jim Olson

Excellent growth oriented culture

I have been working at Harman Management full-time

Pros

Promote from with in company

Cons

Very low turn over company

Relief Manager

Current Employee - Relief Manager
    Current Employee - Relief Manager

I have been working at Harman Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The good thing about working here is the people that you work with. When you get into a store with a strong crew or you hire people that strengthen your crew, you have easy days that are more like playing than work. You'll crack jokes and have fun, but you'll get the job done well and involve the guests in the fun. Harman's also has a lot of opportunities for a person to advance from a crew member to a supervisor or above, basic demonstration of your ability to do your work efficiently will lead you to promotion sooner than you would think.

Cons

The main challenges are when you become management you are expected to always be there and the more you start to know about the business, the more you become jaded by being there. The more business concepts get thrown at you, the more you realize it is hard to hit all their targets without compromising what they initially ordered you to do.

I would say upper management needs to keep a more consistent watch on their subordinates, some of the stores, managers, and area managers don't live up to their operating values which is sad because they are very great ideas and most of their employees really believe and live by those values. I would also suggest being more flexible on the costs accrued by a store by its employees, labor cost will always solve itself because customers know that when they come in they will get great service by people who are ready to serve them and don't look overworked and miserable.

I love where I work! Honestly.

Current Employee - Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Harman Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The People and Opportunity is/are great.

Cons

The Dishes kind of suck.

The Life We Choose

Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Harman Management

Pros

Harmans is a great company, where with hard work anyone can make over six figures. You have the oppurtunity to succeed, and only thing that may stop you is yourself and maybe your personal life.

Cons

Not enough time off. You get paid well for a reason, and that is because you are expected to work your butt off.

Do a much better job training. It may be time for the company to move its managers away from working 60 plus hour weeks. It may have worked 40 years ago, but the times have changed. Less compensation, but having a more balanced life may actually reduce retention of management staff.