Harmon Law Offices

1.8

Mark Harmon

Decent

I worked at Harmon Law Offices

Pros

Large for a non-traditional law firm

Cons

Limited amount of advancement opportunity

Good way to gain experience in the legal field

I worked at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great entry level position in which you can get your feet wet in the legal field. This place is basically a steppingstone in which to do better. Many people come here to gain the experience they need so it will look good on their resume when applying for positions in other firms or for those wanting to go to law school. The work is never slow, very high-paced.

Cons

The pay could be much better, the staff don't really take into consideration your concerns regarding the overall workflow of the department. Working for this company is not ideal for the long term. The work can also be stressful so be careful

Be more attentive to your employees, be more assuring to them.

Glad to no longer work there!

I worked at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere can be laid back depending on what team you belong to. There is always work to be done and overtime is offered.

Cons

Micromanaged. There isnt room for decision making. The owner of the firm never knew my name... dont know if he knew what team I belonged to but he did smile when I walked past him .The pay isnt good.

Value your employees and stop laying off people. I survived 3 layoffs in my two years with the firm. Also, do NOT make people use their earned time to call out during weather emergencies. Just close the firm! Like the rest of the city! For the safety of your employees!

Worst Law firm in New England!

Current Employee - Paralegal in Newton, MA

I have been working at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Pros are that you are treated like a robot, given work that three people should be doing, work with people who have no idea what they are doing. Another Pro is reading the faux positive reviews that are written by the firms HR Dept. Another Pro is reading GOOGLE and the local newspapers about the active investigation of the firm by the state attorney general.

Cons

The Cons are that you are treated like a robot, given work that three people should be doing and work with people who have no idea what they are doing. You will learn to be miserable or if you are already miserable, this is your place.

Don't change a thing! Keep on, keeping on! Run this baby right into the ground. Keep laying off employees, that sucking sound is the firm slowing moving into oblivion.

Administrative Aide

I worked at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Provided my best skills and my excellent customer service skills

Cons

I am available to work in any stress situation

If you're an attorney, keep applying for other work while you work there

I worked at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pros? Hahahaha, that's funny. I suppose the raw sewage or sulfur smells that were constant in the former Waltham office had their respective charms. There are no pros other than learning a bit about the type of legal work you might be doing there, whether foreclosure (i.e. "paper pushing"), evictions, title work, or bankruptcy.

Cons

Insulting salary. Mediocre health and dental plan. No employer match for 401K. An insulting bonus. No concern for employees when the work load is high. Sometimes they mandate weekend work and when the attorney gets there to handle the "excess" work that exists, there are no paralegals or legal assistants there to get the work to the attorney to review and complete. Laughable management, and a shameful cowardly approach to handling their large bank clients. If you work as a bankruptcy attorney, expect to have your bankruptcy court motions for relief and proof of claims edited by bank employees, many of which haven't even graduated college, let alone law school. It invades the province of the attorney in a most revolting fashion. Greed and exploitation are the only currencies that matter to the awful owners and the entrenched management. Stay away at all costs.

Close, take your ill-gotten gains, and go away.

Stable firm with no opportunity for advancement. They are stuck in the past.

Current Employee - Paralegal in Newton, MA

I have been working at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Relatively stable given the overall decline of the number of foreclosures. Free ice cream once every summer....

Cons

They offer no incentives, no overtime, and bonuses do not exist. The attempts at boosting morale (which is incredibly low) include offering sporadic free ice cream sandwiches, free coffee and cookies, and various embarrassing contests in which they give away inferior quality items you would find at a yard sale. Welcome to Romper Room. This place is more like a business than a law firm. If you are hoping to learn nuances of the law or are thinking anout law school and think getting your feet wet will help you in deciding, this is mot the firm you are looking for. Most in supervisory roles hate their jobs and have no issue with telling you that during one of the multitude of redundant and useless training sessions. It is a steady gig and that's about the only positive about working at this firm.

Learn what the meaning of the word bonus means. I am sure you know since you all receive them. Christmas bonuses of $50 a year for every year of service is pathetic. And working every useless Monday holiday that the rest of the country takes off makes people that do work on those days incredibly unproductive.

Slavedrivers!

Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Billing Coordinator in Newton, MA

I have been working at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

this place is just to get experience and then to get out!

Cons

they give a lot of work and expect you to finish it, even if you have to punch out and work for free! Mark Harmon doesn't care about his employees, just his deep pockets!

Management Sucks, from top to bottom. all they do is play with their I pads and workers get all the stress and heavy workload

Great people

I worked at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, excellent department managers. This is a very good place to work for recent college graduates.

Cons

Can be very stressful at times, workload is often unmanageable. Department managers have very little latitude; all operating changes have to come from upper management. Upper management is slow to make changes and address issues.

Be proactive and anticipate workload increases. It was often too late by the time heavy workloads were finally addressed.

Stay away!

I worked at Harmon Law Offices full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very few - I liked the people I worked with....that was about it.

Cons

Very little room for advancement, everyday people are fired or laid off, very low company morale, yes you gain experience but whenever I mention to people that I worked at Harmon they always reply "How could you work there?!?!?" due to Harmon's horrible reputation for unethical practices, so I feel it has actually not helped my prospects for getting another job but I cannot remove it from my resume because I spent too much time at Harmon so there would be a huge gap on my resume which would look worse.

Harmon does not offer good benefits or pay because they feel it is a waste since people quit so frequently why waste resources on them however people quit frequently not necessarily due to the type of work but because of the lack of benefits and pay etc.