Harmony Information Systems

Harmony Information Systems President Tonya J Harmon

Tonya J Harmon

Harmony Information Systems

I have been working at Harmony Information Systems full-time

ProsGreat People, Really Care about their products and customers, Frequent recognition for hard work. Management communicates regularly with company and clearly explains expectations.

ConsWork can be very overwhelming at time, but its definitely worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Great Work! This is truly a great company and going in the right direction!

It's hard to want to work hard for a company like Harmony

Customer Support Representative (Former Employee)
Essex Junction, VT

I worked at Harmony Information Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsI am sure there has to be something that could be considered a Pro working for this company, I apparently must have missed them

ConsOwned and operated by a Venture Capital Company who's only purpose is to dump the company. Use your imagination The CSR will be held accountable for the successful resolution of all customer requests with no support from local management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPathetic

I worked for Harmony Information System in Essex Junction, Vermont

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Essex, VT

I worked at Harmony Information Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsThe work environment is very comfortable. They use quality technology vendors

ConsHarmony's for being the so called leader in it's industry sure has lot dissatisfied customers. The local management for the original company Synergy. is so intimidated by their customers, they will terminate any member of the Customer Support organization that for whatever reason the customer doesn't like. Training is pretty simple throw all the new employee's to the wolf and see how they make-out. All of the position are salaried but have no problem forcing employees to work overtime. The local management seems to be out of control as to what their Customer .need.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company

Growing, but moving in the wrong direction.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Reston, VA

I worked at Harmony Information Systems

ProsOpportunities to work with new technologies as well as work with skilled and dedicated people.

ConsThe company is attempting to grow through acquisitions and expansion into new business areas. This push, together with a declining economy, has placed a major burden on sales and the need to achieve quarterly sales goals. As sales goals are not met, the board looks for ways to cut costs. One of their recent decisions was to downsize about 20% of the staff. Although needed to reduce costs, this action took a major toll on current staff morale. In addition, the remaining staff needed to actually do more with less, not a very appealing prospect for them. At times it appears that Senior Management just doesn't get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the most important things for Senior Managment to look at is not to "cheap out" and look for the shortcuts. One recent project involved outsourcing Quality Control to an overseas firm. Although this team may have been capable of executing defined test plans, they possessed no inate knowledge of how the application should behave best since they had no prior awareness of the targeted customer base nor how these customers need to use the application. When coupled with a glaring deficiency of skilled analysts in house, there is really no one left who can put it all together.

Worked for Harmony Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harmony Information Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harmony Information Systems CEO Tonya J Harmon. All reviews posted anonymously by Harmony Information Systems employees.