Harris Connect

Add Photos

Robert Gluck

Sales rep

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are really nice

ConsTraining is about 2 months with no commission. Script must be read exactly.

0 or negative stars should be a valid rating option.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsCo workers are very friendly and easy to get along with. I am grateful to at least have a job that pays more than minimum wage.

ConsManagers will sit around playing on their cell phones or social media while telling their employees to work harder. You get a 45 min. lunch, which will get cut to a 30 min. lunch with very little notice before hand if it's busy, and 2 ten min breaks. Outside of that if you need to use the rest room or get a drink of water you will get written up. If the manager doesn't like you they will do anything they can to get you fired and if you turn in a 2 weeks notice they will just fire you on the spot. If you tell HR or your manager something private, with in a day everyone in the center will know.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance with the times. It's really hard to convince a customer to buy a $100 book when they can use social media for free. The $20 shipping and handling cost makes the sell that much more complicated. Treat people with respect because the over all view right now is that management doesn't care about their employees.

Glad to be hired, glad to be gone

Customer Service/Inside Sales (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe medical benefits were good

ConsThey make you sit in a cubicle until 11 at night. The conversations were all scripted. The only thing that matters to them isnt customer service, its selling the books.

No matter how good you treat the customers, if they don't buy you go bye.

I am very happy not to be there anymore. Im surprised in the post Facebook age that Harris Connect is even around anymore.

Advice to Senior Managementmore flex time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Data Specialist

Client Services Representative (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly, relaxed work environment for many years. Company respected employees and worked with each to meet personal needs. Very flexible.

ConsAfter 2008 when company was sold everything went south, many layoffs, shortcuts in production and lack of direction from the CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet act together and return to what worked for the forst 45 years of the company's history.

No loyalty to their employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe money was good if you consistently sold well.

ConsI worked for the company for over 8 years, and can't even count how many people I saw come and go simply because they were not liked. After the Austin office was shuttered we worked under management out of San Antonio who were very hostile. You're only as good as today's numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to be competitive in the digital age.

Unprofessional all the way...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe casual dress code was ok...

ConsThey are a racist company who discriminates towards others. There is a privacy policy that is not practiced. If you are not liked you are quick to get fired and they have poor training, its a joke of a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFile bankruptcy and never erase from the universe. Their own CEO and COO were fired....

It was a great place to get sales experience

Call Center Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe camaderie amongst your co-workers, contests, continual support and coaching

ConsHigh sales pressure, outbound calls, customers who question your company's motives

Advice to Senior ManagementEvolve your products into the 21st century.

we are people, not machines

Customer Service/Inside Sales (Former Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsThere are no pros anymore!

ConsWe were treated like machines.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to you roots, you will loose the co. if you disregard what your clients expect and you sales people promise

Working here used to make sense, but not anymore!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesapeake, VA

ProsLow stress level
    Opportunity to bring about change and take up responsibilities
    I used to be paid quite well, but can't say that for the past year or two

ConsCompany is in serious financial trouble
    No raises or merit increases in 4 years
    No 401k matching
    Not so skilled workforce
    Processes too complicated to be amenable to changes that bring about standardization or efficiency gains
    No foreseeable growth in business model

Overall I enjoyed working at Harris Connect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbility to work from home at least once a week. Small department, friendly coworkers for the most part.

ConsThe company frequently "reorganized" and let people go so there was always a threat of job loss.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Worked for Harris Connect? Contribute to the Community!