Harris Interactive

Updated July 13, 2014

2.4

Harris Interactive Interim CEO Al Angrisani
Al Angrisani

You get out of it what you put in to it.

I have been working at Harris Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am grateful for the opportunities I was given by most of the management. The constant change and new projects provided a great opportunity to shine. Management was trusting of me to get the job done, and that made my time there more fulfilling as part of a team.

Cons

Sometimes the focus was a little off, causing the feel of projects to be that of an "ADHD" experience. I think this is because some of the higher management was under such pressure to just make things happen, that it got tunnel-visioned. This resulted in wasted hours and halted or failed projects.

I also never got the financial credit due for a very large project that I had initially presented to the CEO. Six months later I found myself on a project born out of my idea, but the credit was given elsewhere.

Give credit where credit is due. Consult more with SME's with an open mind. Rely on their years of experience to properly adjust timelines, budget, mitigate risks, and even creative vision that can produce a better product.
    Some of the projects I had been on where first-time experiences for management, but I had been-there-done-that many times over, yet I felt the need to keep opinions to myself or I may have been railroaded. Granted, I only experienced that with some individuals, and I did have some supervisors that were superb, so thank you!

I stay because only because I'm too stressed out and tired to look for a new job.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Harris Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Now that we've been bought by Nielsen, there may be hope for this company (though integration is dragging on).

Cons

There is a terrible relationship between the researchers and everyone else in the company. If you don't work as a researcher, expect to be abused, belittled and disrespected by your peers on the research teams.

Meanwhile, training is nonexistent.

Learn to be less close minded. Some departments are constructed base only upon the desires and thought processes of managers who have been with the company a long time; this means that processes are outdated and dysfunctional.

Fast Paced

Former Employee - Team Leader Panel Management  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Team Leader Panel Management in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris Interactive full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits. Very fast paced environment. Wonderful people to work with. If you are a go getter then this is the company for you. The work is hard and you always feel behind but the satisfaction when finishing a project is great. The team dynamic is very rewarding.

Cons

There is a lot of work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A sinking ship

I worked at Harris Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some nice people still there, casual environment

Cons

Management plays favorites, lack of leadership, constant downsizing, good people leave, long and stressful hours, no room for career growth

Processes are awful, people are great

Former Employee - Research Manager
    Former Employee - Research Manager

I worked at Harris Interactive full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very nice people, experienced researchers

Cons

The process to get anything done is so cumbersome. Client history is kept all over the place. Any time a bid gets done you have to start from scratch, and it takes bid specialists a long time because of that. Internal departments that you rely on (table production, international call center) are very difficult to work with.

internal departments should be made to treat each other as clients. Do a complete business process flow of all work processes in order to improve.

Solid market research company with typical issues and challenges

I have been working at Harris Interactive full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to start your career with opportunities to advance into mid level roles fairly quickly. Nice people to work with.

Cons

Benefits are not that good, no 401K match,

Great place to learn

I worked at Harris Interactive full-time

Pros

Get exposure to research from some of the best

Cons

Uncertainty for the company's future direction

They work hard and not sure it's productive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Harris Interactive as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

People generally nice. Casual atmosphere.

Cons

Old systems cobbled together require a lot of workarounds to produce results. Lots of hostilities simmering under the surface makes for a strange atmosphere. Some management folks are all show and no output, kept their jobs due to longevity rather than talent. Their people work hard to make them look good.

This job trained me to be professional at all times .

Former Employee - Executive Interviewer  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Interviewer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris Interactive full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It has been awhile since I worked for Harris Interactive. I started at The Gordon S Black Corporation in 1989 and that company acquired Lou Harris Polling. In those days the focus was on pure , true data and process .

Cons

Like many small companies that become larger , quality suffered perhaps due to lack of adherence to a well defined mission statement and a true Quality process .

Good first job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Harris Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary, mostly nice people to work with, rapid tech changes. Small teams were mostly cohesive and helpful, but there were politics and occasional competition.

Cons

Little input to upper management. Smallish company, with distanced big company feel

Listen to line staff, they are the ones doing the daily work.

Worked for Harris Interactive? Contribute to the Community!