Harris Teeter

Its Okay For a Firsr Job

Bagger (Current Employee)

ProsThe People
    The Environment
    Great Way to meet new people

ConsAs a bagger, people will tend to take advantage of you, and require you to do things they know they can do themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you know you can do something yourself without taking up too much time then do it, and not waste nobody else's.

I enjoy my job at Harris Teeter.

Produce Clerk (Current Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsGreat place to meet new friends.Upon me deciding to go back to school Harris Teeter worked around my school hours.

ConsThe pay is not enough.I feel under paid.Harris Teeter does not offer a lot of full-time I think after 6 months or more employees should be offered full-time.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand I am greatful for my job and enjoy my job.I deserve more pay.I was suppose to get rasie when I went from day cashier to overnights.(Did not happen) Now I moved to produce with same pay still.I should get paid for job I do not cashier pay.Also think after working six months or more should be offered full-time.

Strong company with good products.

Fresh Foods Manager (Current Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsCompany values good quality and safety, with lots of training for managers.

ConsCustomer service is a high priority, but labor hours are designed to squeeze so much productivity out of each associate, that almost no time is left for managing and customer service.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Supervisors, rewarding experience, terrific teamwork

Harris Teeter Cashier (Former Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsGreat learning experiences with excellent teamwork and great supervisors

ConsCould plan scheduling week to week with the large staff at hand utilizing more fixed schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementMany of the staff would love to work the same schedule week to week but are afraid to approach management about this. There are a large number of part time staff and with such a large number of personnel available it would seem that it would be easy to arrange for stable weekly schedules for those individuals that wanted to work set part time hours each week. It would be especially easy to cover weekend hours as there were people that only wanted to work on the weekend and there were (younger) people that didn't want weekend hours, but were always scheduled on the weekend. If the people that wanted those hours were just scheduled for them all the time, it would eliminate a lot of negative feelings and the hours would be covered all the time.

Nightmare on Elm street

Slave (Former Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsVery good pay, Excellent benefit package after probation period has expired. Some friendly associates but not all. Good customer base.

ConsAbsolutely and I mean never ever mention a job well done. The only words you hear every day is why aren't you done yet. And since I meant my quote I recommend anyone that is think about getting a job a your Harris Teeter. I would first talk to full time employee's, most will tell you run and don't do it. This company SUCKS! But if you like working for free. This company is for you because the labor rate requires ALL department heads to WORK OFF THE CLOCK. I could think of a worse company to work for but they have not created that one.

Advice to Senior ManagementFred Morganthall II since you keep cutting hours out of the stores to make more money a little each quarter. Here's a clue, cut the hours to 0 in all departments and the profit margin will be off the charts with this new wage stucture. Let's hope when a medical issue arise, the hospital you choose has the same wage standards you expect. Welcome to your Harris Teeter!

Just Me!

Assistant Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)
    Charleston, SC

ProsA great place to shoppe, fun, friendly to work.

ConsNo sick time available as part of the benefits package.

Advice to Senior Managementplease stress communicate of information regardless of how big or small!

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Harris Teeter reviews and ratings in Charleston, SC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Harris Teeter CEO Rodney McMullen. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Harris Teeter employees.