Harris Teeter Reviews in Charleston, SC

Updated June 11, 2014

3.2

Harris Teeter CEO, Kroger Rodney McMullen
Rodney McMullen

Pros
  • Bonus checks depending on hours worked (in 32 reviews)

• Good pay for the amount of work you do (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • poor communication within the store management to their employees (in 23 reviews)

• Customer service micro-manages the front-end employees down to their bathroom breaks (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Its Okay For a Firsr Job

Current Employee - Bagger  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Bagger in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time for less than a year

Pros

The People
    The Environment
    Great Way to meet new people

Cons

As a bagger, people will tend to take advantage of you, and require you to do things they know they can do themselves.

If you know you can do something yourself without taking up too much time then do it, and not waste nobody else's.

I enjoy my job at Harris Teeter.

Current Employee - Produce Clerk  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Produce Clerk in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Harris Teeter part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to meet new friends.Upon me deciding to go back to school Harris Teeter worked around my school hours.

Cons

The pay is not enough.I feel under paid.Harris Teeter does not offer a lot of full-time I think after 6 months or more employees should be offered full-time.

Understand I am greatful for my job and enjoy my job.I deserve more pay.I was suppose to get rasie when I went from day cashier to overnights.(Did not happen) Now I moved to produce with same pay still.I should get paid for job I do not cashier pay.Also think after working six months or more should be offered full-time.

Strong company with good products.

Current Employee - Fresh Foods Manager  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Fresh Foods Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Harris Teeter full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company values good quality and safety, with lots of training for managers.

Cons

Customer service is a high priority, but labor hours are designed to squeeze so much productivity out of each associate, that almost no time is left for managing and customer service.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Supervisors, rewarding experience, terrific teamwork

Former Employee - Harris Teeter Cashier  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Harris Teeter Cashier in Charleston, SC

I worked at Harris Teeter part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning experiences with excellent teamwork and great supervisors

Cons

Could plan scheduling week to week with the large staff at hand utilizing more fixed schedules

Many of the staff would love to work the same schedule week to week but are afraid to approach management about this. There are a large number of part time staff and with such a large number of personnel available it would seem that it would be easy to arrange for stable weekly schedules for those individuals that wanted to work set part time hours each week. It would be especially easy to cover weekend hours as there were people that only wanted to work on the weekend and there were (younger) people that didn't want weekend hours, but were always scheduled on the weekend. If the people that wanted those hours were just scheduled for them all the time, it would eliminate a lot of negative feelings and the hours would be covered all the time.

Nightmare on Elm street

Former Employee - Slave  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Slave in Charleston, SC

I worked at Harris Teeter

Pros

Very good pay, Excellent benefit package after probation period has expired. Some friendly associates but not all. Good customer base.

Cons

Absolutely and I mean never ever mention a job well done. The only words you hear every day is why aren't you done yet. And since I meant my quote I recommend anyone that is think about getting a job a your Harris Teeter. I would first talk to full time employee's, most will tell you run and don't do it. This company SUCKS! But if you like working for free. This company is for you because the labor rate requires ALL department heads to WORK OFF THE CLOCK. I could think of a worse company to work for but they have not created that one.

Fred Morganthall II since you keep cutting hours out of the stores to make more money a little each quarter. Here's a clue, cut the hours to 0 in all departments and the profit margin will be off the charts with this new wage stucture. Let's hope when a medical issue arise, the hospital you choose has the same wage standards you expect. Welcome to your Harris Teeter!

Just Me!

Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Assistant Customer Service Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Harris Teeter

Pros

A great place to shoppe, fun, friendly to work.

Cons

No sick time available as part of the benefits package.

please stress communicate of information regardless of how big or small!

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!