Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Harris Teeter CEO, Kroger Rodney McMullen

Rodney McMullen

Pros
  • Bonus checks depending on hours worked(in 30 reviews)

• Good pay for the amount of work you do(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • poor communication within the store management to their employees(in 23 reviews)

• Customer service micro-manages the front-end employees down to their bathroom breaks(in 21 reviews)

harris teeter

Cashier (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBonus checks twice a year

ConsLittle bit of hours given for cahiers

Advice to Senior Managementplease treat associates better!

Customers treated better than associates.

Assistant Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) Chapel Hill, NC

ProsBenefits. Bonuses 2 times a year. Vacation hours.

ConsManagement treats assoiciates poor. Treat customers better than associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave classes on how to treat employees.

Leadership Doesn't Lead

Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsMy specific dept worked wonderfully together. We each had our position and our roll and we jived together.

ConsUpper management was constantly stopping us and telling us to do one thing or another that went against rules and parameters set in place for our dept. It was like they had no clue how to run each dept but they wanted to try anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake store management work in each dept so they can learn how it actually works in practice versus just on paper.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unethical

ProsThe associates are great to work with,

ConsThe company is unethical, management sucks, no team work,and to much favortisom

Terrible work environment

Cashier (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI really can't think of anything to put here, other than I enjoyed most of my coworkers!

ConsWhere do I begin. Well first of all, the pay is crap! I worked there for two years and went from making $7.25 an hour to making $8.05 an hour. This company is making so much money and yet they can't afford to pay their workers a decent wage. I went to Whole Foods after HT and the lowest they will pay anyone is $11 an hour, including baggers and dishwashers.

The management was also organized very poorly and was made up of idiots. It was pretty demoralizing working for people that would make fifth graders look smart. I'm sure this isn't the case at every store, but it certainly was at the three I worked at.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees much more and try promoting competent people instead of the bros and the attractive women.

Great work environment, customer service lower level management needs some work

Cashier/U-Scan Cashier (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

Proscompetitive pay, excellent products, good customers good coworkers, department management is excellent

Consassistant store managers, front end managers, and customer service all mediocre at best; some locations have very poor morale among employees; some locations had better clientele than others. small town locations usually have a much better environment than the more urban environments

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to floor managers! There were many, many occasions where my vacation requests were ignored, my break times were ignored, and my scheduling preferences were ignored. I even had to deal with managers who would make personal phone calls ON THE FLOOR and would ignore requests for attention or assistance over the intercom. There was also some disregard for life outside of work, including school obligations or when someone was sick, which I found to be extremely distasteful. Upper management does a very, very good job (my experience with three different locations), and they are wonderful when dealing with customers and employees alike, as well as keeping the store in line. Almost makes 99% of lower level management obsolete (since upper management ends up picking up their slack anyway).

Great place to work, very fun and enjoyable.

Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) Monroe, NC

ProsThe best reason to work here is the people I really enjoy seeing the regulars come back week after week. I also enjoy helping customers it makes me feel good seeing them walk away with a simile knowing that I just served them excellent customer service.

ConsThe only bad thing about Harris Teeter is the pay as a customer service clerk there are alot of duties to perform and I don't believe that making $8.20 is enough

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that management should understand how much that we actually work and appreciate it a little bit more. I can tell that the managers that were former customer service managers appreciate us clerks more than a manager that has came from a different position. I also believe to be a manager, that they should be able to perform almost every single function in the store, but most of the time managers can't hardly do anything on the front end except for the basics.

Great Part Time Job

ProsThe student leave program is awesome, and allows me to continue going to school and working every six weeks.

ConsHours suck, only allowed a certain amount a week being part time.

challenging job

Prosfocus on customer service and employee safety

Consday by day, always something going on

Advice to Senior Managementvery good company, keep it up

My job made me work and I was able to loss 15 pounds which I liked

Overnight Third Shift Stock Person (Former Employee) Indian Land, SC

ProsMe working 3rd shift really worked out great with my family. I was able to finish on time and get home and pick-up my Niece and take her to her job.

ConsThe only con is the nights that the floors were cleaned and waxed. I could not do my job and when they finished I would to try to get all the displays back where they came from in the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementStarting back at the Distribution Center if workers could take the time to palletize the grocerys as to how they are used in the store. That would save an 1.5 - 2 hours restacking the grocerys in the receiving dept. for the right aisle to restock.

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!