Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter Reviews in North Carolina

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Harris Teeter CEO, Kroger Rodney McMullen

Rodney McMullen

Pros
  • Bonus checks depending on hours worked(in 32 reviews)

• Good pay for the amount of work you do(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • poor communication within the store management to their employees(in 23 reviews)

• Customer service micro-manages the front-end employees down to their bathroom breaks(in 22 reviews)

167 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

good place to work

Frsh Foods Clerk (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsThere is good advancement opportunities for hard workers, the management cares about the associates and it is a nice clean work environment.

ConsVery hard work I the Fresh Foods Department. So many audits, mystery shops and upper management visits that it keeps everyone on edge so scared to mess up. Very tense work environment. Insurance for family coverage is so expensive it is ridiculous; hardly pays to work.

Great company, but retail can become overwhelming.

Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCompetitive pay for retail/grocery, flexible scheduling, opportunities for growth if interested.

ConsRETAIL, customer is always right which can affect morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time to understand your employees. Develop a career track for those interested in growing with the company.

I have been with the company since 1989. I have opened and worked for several stores in the Central District division.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsLeadership potential. When I began to work here I started working as a floater for two stores. One was over at the Carrboro Mill Mall store and the other over at Glen Lennox. I also worked as team leader for University Mall store,the Cary West Village location and the Homestead Market location(where I have been employed for the past 15 years).

ConsManagement that blatantly give employees awards for doing absolutely nothing and I have seen this upfront in detail in several stores including the one that I worked at. I have seen management overstep that boundaries with employees who don't apply to company standards. Also to point out management lets those sorry employees get away with mischief in different departments and really don't care about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cashier

Harris Teeter Cashier (Former Employee) Apex, NC

ProsFlexible hours, great teams, great incentives

Consvery competitive, One week you might get 35 hours and another week you might be short to 10. Can't be dependent if you got to pay your bills.

Love customer service

Uncan Operator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI enjoy helping others and meeting new people everyday.

ConsHaving customers who come in on having a bad day , but cheering them up and conversating with them about any topics which will make they day.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the employee of the month adwards and apprecaition for being with the company, they will train you for advancements, bonus every 6 months and educations scholorship

Fun place to work if you are driven by money.

Assistant Inventory Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIf you like shopping at Harris Teeter, then you would love the employee discounts.

ConsJust like all companies, customer satisfaction is one of their number one priorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementStore manager stresses out the manager in charge of the crew, including the assistant managers...who also stresses out the assistant manager of the crew...who also stresses out the crew. Can't lie, but work was stressful most of the time especially when you have to compete with time.

Great Company to work for!

Co-Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat Pay and benefits if you can deal with the typical retail hours and shifts

ConsTypical retail management hours and shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell run company

Not the best

Deli Clerk (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsYou can basically get the job super easily, and write it as experience on your resume. Thats the best thing about HT. Only get this job if you can't find anything else and need the money.

ConsMost managers learn how to be managers at Jerks-R-Us, and its who you know and who you're friends with that will get you a raise. And if you're mean.

there is a remarkable degree of inconsistency from top to the lowest paid clerk

Fresh Foods Chef (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosthe pay is decent for this region and most managers try to accomodate their employees needs.upper management is good at "company speak",but don't quite deliver on most topics.

Conspoor communication within the store management to their employees.based on the daily activity observed in several stores the company values don't translate well with any degree of positive consistency

Advice to Senior Managementstore and co- managers ARE NOT very good at recognizing just what is actually happening in various departments aside from just NUMBERS. TOO MUCH DISPARITY

Good Company

Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood Health Care benefits, Great with working around a school schedule, Very customer service orientated. Probably the best retail grocery company to work for. Tons of available staff in the stores

ConsNot much room for progression in the company once you reach a certain level. Tons of training involved which can become extremely repetitive.

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!