Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Harris Teeter CEO, Kroger Rodney McMullen

Rodney McMullen

Pros
  • Bonus checks depending on hours worked (in 32 reviews)

• Good pay for the amount of work you do (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • poor communication within the store management to their employees (in 23 reviews)

• Customer service micro-manages the front-end employees down to their bathroom breaks (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

The employees never seem to have a bad day.

Assistant Dairy Frozen Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI like how much training is involved in learning the grocery/ perishable industry. They really make sure you have a good mentor, and are ready for the next level before promoting you.

ConsEven if you have an advanced degree, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up. Also, working in the stores doesn't easily translate to working in the corporate office, even if you have a degree in business or IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the store managers are doing a great job. It can be very stressful on the front-lines, so I only suggest that they try to stay happy at work. Negative attitudes trickle down faster than happy ones, and bad attitudes can have tremendous effects on sales.

Great Part Time Job

ProsThe student leave program is awesome, and allows me to continue going to school and working every six weeks.

ConsHours suck, only allowed a certain amount a week being part time.

My job made me work and I was able to loss 15 pounds which I liked

Overnight Third Shift Stock Person (Former Employee) Indian Land, SC

ProsMe working 3rd shift really worked out great with my family. I was able to finish on time and get home and pick-up my Niece and take her to her job.

ConsThe only con is the nights that the floors were cleaned and waxed. I could not do my job and when they finished I would to try to get all the displays back where they came from in the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementStarting back at the Distribution Center if workers could take the time to palletize the grocerys as to how they are used in the store. That would save an 1.5 - 2 hours restacking the grocerys in the receiving dept. for the right aisle to restock.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, very fun and enjoyable.

Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) Monroe, NC

ProsThe best reason to work here is the people I really enjoy seeing the regulars come back week after week. I also enjoy helping customers it makes me feel good seeing them walk away with a simile knowing that I just served them excellent customer service.

ConsThe only bad thing about Harris Teeter is the pay as a customer service clerk there are alot of duties to perform and I don't believe that making $8.20 is enough

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that management should understand how much that we actually work and appreciate it a little bit more. I can tell that the managers that were former customer service managers appreciate us clerks more than a manager that has came from a different position. I also believe to be a manager, that they should be able to perform almost every single function in the store, but most of the time managers can't hardly do anything on the front end except for the basics.

Good company to work for.

ProsExcellent training, superior managers, profit sharing.

ConsSince Kroger purchased Harris Teeter, store hours have been cut.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue recognizing employees with good work ethic.

Great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHarris Teeter is very customer service oriented. Can be a great place for advancement if you can get into their management training program. There were a lot of employees and managers that had been with Harris Teeter for many years, which says a lot about Harris Teeter as a company. It is a great job while at tending college.

ConsSome of the hourly pay positions are not that good, but they offer good benefits.

csm

Prosgreat growth opportunities 13 yrs

Consno cons to talk about

Fresh Foods Clerk

Fresh Foods Clerk (Current Employee) Fulton, MD

ProsHT is a solid company to work for, great benefits above average pay they are customer focused, best part time job ever and you get paid weekly.

Consmaybe hire more of a mix of young / older individuals

Love customer service

Uncan Operator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI enjoy helping others and meeting new people everyday.

ConsHaving customers who come in on having a bad day , but cheering them up and conversating with them about any topics which will make they day.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the employee of the month adwards and apprecaition for being with the company, they will train you for advancements, bonus every 6 months and educations scholorship

Amazing.

Cashier-Bagger (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThey don't skimp on hours.

ConsIt is a grocery store.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome.

Worked for Harris Teeter? Contribute to the Community!