Harrison Medical Center

2.8

Scott W. Bosch

Overall a great place

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Harrison Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Family atmosphere, low turnover, better than average nurse to patient ratios.

Cons

People are allowed to remain in positions when they don't perform. Low performers are kept in busy environments and not held accountable for their poor performance.

Other than working on accountability for staff, nothing really.

One more lost due to horrible management

Former Employee - Case Manager RN in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Case Manager RN in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Harrison Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Close to home. Reasonable salary. Adequate insurance.

Cons

Horrible management! Staff that were unable / unwilling to do the job well had no repercussions (and those that were capable were expected to do their own jobs AND clean up for the bad employees).

It's too late - you've already lost all of your good CM's. Perhaps new management will be able to rebuild the department and get rid of the problem employees.

The worst work experience I have ever had.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Harrison Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation is OK, the people who work there are exceptional. They really try hard and support each other.

Cons

Management does not care about employees. Unsafe practices put an RN's license at risk. Substandard care and not having necessary equipment to perform a task. Every day, completing the simplest nursing function is a challenge and even if you want to give the best nursing care possible, the institution presents so many obstacles it is just impossible. I really feel bad for the patients that end up there.

Complete overhaul. Get all management out and start over!

It was great! Leniant supervisor, great compromise, and I enjoyed working.

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Harrison Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There was really good training, and you can get your college paid for.

Cons

The new system is sorta confusing.

Be more polite, smile more, and enjoy your patients while they're here.

Great place to work, but does have some drawbacks.....

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Harrison Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with as a traveler were wonderful to work with. Some of the best people I have ever worked with. You have to remember I am a traveler and have nothing to gain or lose by my review of this company. Plus I was only there for 13 weeks.

Cons

The pharmacy there is pathetic. I have had to wait hours for medications to come up to the floor that were due. It takes multiple messages sent to them to get your medicatiomns. In the 13 weeks I worked there, I had more late medications than I have had in the last several years and it can all be blamed on a pharamcy that just can't do their job in a timely manner. It is by far the worst pharmacy I have ever worked with, bar none! If there was one reason that I wouldn't stay there for another contract, the pharmacy would be the reason. Not putting up with them for another day!

Treat your employess with fair contracts. They are worth every penny. Some of the best staff I have ever worked with!

Since the affiliation, there hasn't been any good communication on what was happening to our jobs with CHI/FHS.

I worked at Harrison Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Harrison had great benefits, but now with the affiliation. Benefits are in question and don't seem to be comparible to what Harrison offered. CHI/FHS doesn't seem to like Unions.

Cons

Since the affiliation with CHI/FHS. CHI/FHS took over some positions and offer less pay. The positions are basically lower paid position and not what the new position was be. Not up front and honest on what is happening with employees positions that have been affected by the changes. They make promises and don't keep them. Very disjointed on the take over and make expermental changes with each hospital take over in the country. Too big of a company, that has scattered processes.

Be honest. Have better communcation with staff. Let your staff have a voice in what changes happen or affects them and their families with the CHI/FHS affiliation rolling out. People are important and keeping good paying jobs is important to the surrounding communities, that depend on Harrsion for support, Since it is one of the largest none miltary employer in Kitsap Co.

Taught me a lot

I worked at Harrison Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people willing to do as much as they can for the community. Now part of a larger system that has direction.

Cons

Inconsistency and lack of direction. The executive leadership seemed to be more worried about themselves then the organization. This created the continual shifting priorities.

Getting worse

Current Employee - Rather Not in Bremerton, WA
    Current Employee - Rather Not in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Harrison Medical Center part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Only reason to work there is fellow staff, friendly and really care about the patients.

Cons

Administration in this hospital is horrendous and getting worse with the "take over" by the Franciscan system, it is not a "affiliation". The community had some relevant concerns with this take over and they are playing out as expected behind the scenes. You would think the Administrative body in this facility would treat their front line a little better since reimbursement depends on patient satisfaction scores, but they truly don't seem to care at all.

They all need their walking papers, starting at the very top.

Very Friendly place to work

Current Employee - RN in Bremerton, WA
    Current Employee - RN in Bremerton, WA

I have been working at Harrison Medical Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most everyone is nice and friendly. Good teamwork on our general team.

Cons

Sometimes we are slow and get sent home, but early is not always bad

nothing right now, they are new

Bad management, horrible scheduling

Former Employee - Registration Specialist in Bremerton, WA
    Former Employee - Registration Specialist in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Harrison Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay but not worth the headache

Cons

Horrible scheduling, rude co workers

Get your scheduling together!