Harrison Medical Center

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott W. Bosch

Since the affiliation, there hasn't been any good communication on what was happening to our jobs with CHI/FHS.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHarrison had great benefits, but now with the affiliation. Benefits are in question and don't seem to be comparible to what Harrison offered. CHI/FHS doesn't seem to like Unions.

ConsSince the affiliation with CHI/FHS. CHI/FHS took over some positions and offer less pay. The positions are basically lower paid position and not what the new position was be. Not up front and honest on what is happening with employees positions that have been affected by the changes. They make promises and don't keep them. Very disjointed on the take over and make expermental changes with each hospital take over in the country. Too big of a company, that has scattered processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest. Have better communcation with staff. Let your staff have a voice in what changes happen or affects them and their families with the CHI/FHS affiliation rolling out. People are important and keeping good paying jobs is important to the surrounding communities, that depend on Harrsion for support, Since it is one of the largest none miltary employer in Kitsap Co.

Taught me a lot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people willing to do as much as they can for the community. Now part of a larger system that has direction.

ConsInconsistency and lack of direction. The executive leadership seemed to be more worried about themselves then the organization. This created the continual shifting priorities.

Getting worse

Rather Not (Current Employee) Bremerton, WA

ProsOnly reason to work there is fellow staff, friendly and really care about the patients.

ConsAdministration in this hospital is horrendous and getting worse with the "take over" by the Franciscan system, it is not a "affiliation". The community had some relevant concerns with this take over and they are playing out as expected behind the scenes. You would think the Administrative body in this facility would treat their front line a little better since reimbursement depends on patient satisfaction scores, but they truly don't seem to care at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey all need their walking papers, starting at the very top.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Friendly place to work

RN (Current Employee) Bremerton, WA

ProsMost everyone is nice and friendly. Good teamwork on our general team.

ConsSometimes we are slow and get sent home, but early is not always bad

Advice to Senior Managementnothing right now, they are new

Bad management, horrible scheduling

Registration Specialist (Former Employee) Bremerton, WA

ProsGood pay but not worth the headache

ConsHorrible scheduling, rude co workers

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your scheduling together!

Nice place, liked job, Upper management not so.

Pharmacist (Current Employee) Poulsbo, WA

ProsNice small town feel, everybody knows everybody, might be hard for a new person to become an insider. Beautiful mountains, water, little traffic compared to Seattle. Just a ferry ride to Seattle which I think is really cool.

ConsUpper management for sure. Immediate supervisor was real nice at first, then communication broke down, then she dissed me. Next thing I knew I was being written up for other people's errors and for doing my job and following the law!

Advice to Senior ManagementDidn't seem to me HR listened to my responses. Get rid of managers (particularly mine) who seemed to have a hidden agenda. They lost a good employee.

Hostile Work Enviroment

RN (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, Close to home?

ConsYou will feel unvalued, not listened to, lots of drama, backstabbing from both co-workers and management, favoritism of selected staff. When if you leave you will feel your self esteem lowered/torn. They tend to dumb you down, unless your one of the favorites. A lot of the problems Start at the top and roll down hill. Poor behavior and poor nursing is encouraged and or tolerated as long as your a yes man to the management. HIGH turn over rate in staff

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up before you lose more great nurses

Journey

RN, Supervisor (Former Employee) Bremerton, WA

ProsHarrison is on a journey to excellence and it has been a privilege to be part of it and to serve the patients and coworkers

ConsLike many journeys, it is exciting and takes added focus to implement change. If you want to coast across the finish line this place is not for you. If you are looking challenge and the leadership to back up your skill and passion, consider giving them a second look.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell done

I miss working here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Very family like atmosphere with coworkers
    -Benefits are great (especially after minimal OOP costs after surgery
    -would go back in a heartbeat

Cons-managers of my department were not open to suggestions

Poorly managed struggling hospital

ProsMany dedicated employees,beautiful environment

ConsPoor comunication between administration and caregiving staff

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Worked for Harrison Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!