Harrow Sports

Add Photos

Mark Hayden

great company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWe work with elite teams, athletes and schools on a daily basis. Most employees are former athletes and they help contribute to the innovation of new products; whether it be fabrics, pocket placement on bags or actually naming the product. Harrow's customer service team is outstanding and always goes above and beyond to help customers of all sizes. Harrow manufacturers very high quality products, so it's very easy to stand behind the products you sell. We have a very strong team environment from the production and warehouse group to art and sales. Everyone is working together and striving to be better everyday.

Cons-office plays pandora and music tends to loop
    -office used to have more strict dress code, but that has changed

Advice to Senior Management-more team building activities such as offsite happy hours
    -contribute more to 401k

Great potential, could lead to solid sales career

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsYou can work at your own pace here, and be as successful as you want to make yourself.

It is right in the heart of downtown Denver, so a lot of opportunities outside of work as well.

Countless networking opportunities through contacts nationwide in the sporting industry.

High quality production on embroidery, screen printing, and custom items.

Great office culture among employees, fun times.

ConsIt can become grinding, hard work at times to meet expectations, but it pays off in the end.

Disgruntled customers can be hard to work with, but it comes with the sales territory.

Not recommended

ProsYou are able to be innovative and really contribute to a small company. The majority of your peers are young and are fun to work with daily.

ConsThe management morale is hard to handle and disappointing. You'll notice the majority of people not having enough to do or nothing at all. Management is not efficient and you'll receive little to no feedback that is constructive. It's an open concept environment so you'll have to understand and get used to hearing everyone's conversations and seeing everyone's computer screens. I noticed multiple times co-workers getting blamed in front of everyone, management cursing to get their point across and emails being sent that are unprofessional. While I'm working hard and trying to be efficient, others are not held to the same expectation. Tasks are given via email rather than in person and no real expectation is given on a regular basis.

I grew up playing sports through college and this is not a team environment. A team is a group of individuals striving for the same success and achieving such in a group effort. Blaming, making snide remarks, rewarding based on bias and showing a lack of integrity are not characteristics that make a team succeed. Anyone giving a review that is a sales consultant not in-house doesn't know what the corporate culture is like and thus, has given a review based on their experience outside the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt takes 2 minutes to get behind a closed door and discuss an employee, give constructive criticism or positive feedback. Avoid sending emails out of reaction, count to 10 if you're mad. Yes, it is an open concept however, you'll be respected more by your employees if you show your authority, knowledge and experience in a respectful manor. It's important to ensure your employees, no matter the relation, are being held to the same expectation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not bad

ProsGood experience, great products, average management

Consa lot of work for little pay, no advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementGood company to get experience in the sports industry. Management is average and they tend to rely a lot on interns a lot

Harrow sports was a nice place to work... at first.

Production (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood hours, decent benefits. It was close to S. Broadway so that was nice.

ConsPoor management. The design team and art department at this place need to be replaced. A company as big as this should have a better art department. I worked as the separations and screen tech and I was constantly fixing the design team's mistakes. I brought up this issue to management and nothing happened. Artwork will get pushed through production despite any mistakes with the order. Knowing the artwork is wrong, management will run the customers order through production, with no care for the customer who is then receiving low quality work.

There is no room for growth.

The owners will put their own projects before their customer's orders. Production team constantly has to stop what they are printing to produce orders for the higher ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an art director and revise your art department. Bring in employees who actually care about the customers orders.

Waste of your time

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere really aren't many pros to working for Harrow other than the fact that you can get away with pretty much whatever you want.

ConsSimply put, this job is pointless. There is no room for growth- they may give you different jobs around the office and put you in charge of some things, but they will never increase your pay. No one listens to new ideas, and upper management refuses to communicate with anyone other than themselves. Because upper management chooses to blame others instead of actually make positive changes, the company will continue to suffer. No one is properly trained, no one is properly reprimanded, everyone points fingers, nothing is ever officially solved. It is a vey frustrating environment to be a part of. I do not recommend anyone waste their time working for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your ways if you want to see a shred of productivity and success.

Just a job not a career

Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsDecent employee discount for fun product like Hockey, Lacrosse, Tennis, Racquetball, & Squash. Good warehouse job for just out of high school young adults. Sales opportunities for just out of college if you played a sport like hockey or lacrosse. Good screen printing & embroidery business.

ConsNot big on career growth. The brand seems flat and trending down. Sales opportunities are limited and product is seemingly knocked off designs. Quality Control is placed on the factory and does not seem adequate. Hockey and Lacrosse has had a diminished roll and is loosing market share due to attempts to develop niche racquet sports. Demeaning and ridiculing attitude toward those that do not fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to check the pulse of your workforce. Attitude seems to reflect leadership. Only a select few fit in the clique. Sorority/Frat atmosphere for a select few where. CEO acts like a bystander as his other company takes priority.

a good solid job.

Security Guard (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosthe job has chance foradvancement

ConsThe job has long hours.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to workers

Just a job, no career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsEasy job once you get established
    Some co-workers are super friendly

ConsUpper management is awful & treats employees with no respect
    Awkward "open office" environment
    NO communication between anyone

Horrible CEO and Managment makes job miserable.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThere are no pros to Harrow Sports.

ConsThere is NO communication about new products or timelines of product development. The managment micro manages to the extreme. There is no cohesive vision of the lines. Constant turnover b/c it is so miserable. It is miserable to work for people that have no moral compass and treat their employees like they are merely cogs in a machine and not like they are human beings. CEO is horrible and treats his employees like minions.

Worked for Harrow Sports? Contribute to the Community!