Harry Norman, Realtors

Harry Norman, Realtors Reviews

Updated October 25, 2014
Updated October 25, 2014

Dan Parmer

Harry Norman, Realtors, a great place to work in Atlanta!

Former Employee - Associate Broker
    Former Employee - Associate Broker

I worked at Harry Norman, Realtors

Pros

There was always great comraderie in the office among sales associates and peers were supportive in sharing marketing ideas and feedback on listings. Coworkers were very good about going to broker tour caravans and sharing property price opinions which was helpful when trying to share listing price and current market conditions with clients. The hours were flexible which was helpful when working around family commitments such as school carpools and spouse's work obligations.

Cons

Although the hours are flexible and up to the individual employee, I found I worked well over 40 hours per week which included some evenings and most weekends showing property or holding open houses. In the future I would prefer to work with a partner for better work/family balance and the clients would also always be confident they had full coverage.

be more fair about distributing leads

The Help

I worked at Harry Norman, Realtors (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some really kind people that will appreciate what you do for them.

Cons

Bureaucracy is brutal and the senior management treat staff like they are worthless. Miss Emmy is rolling over in her grave at the way they treat people.

Life and business is about people. Ms Emmy built Harry Norman on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.

Financial success is a byproduct of treating people well. You are destroying your own reputation by focusing just on the bottomline and treating your employees like canon fodder.

At least I can add it to my resume...

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I worked at Harry Norman, Realtors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to get the experience i needed out of college to add to my resume. Working for Realtors, especially as a designer, is very challenging. I was able to learn how to work with a variety of personality types, which allowed me to toughen-up my skin.

Cons

Working for a company that thinks you are less than them because you do not physically bring in the money.. but how do you think Realtors market themselves well enough to bring in the money? they don't, that is the STAFF'S job. To hold the hands of middle-aged/old women and do all the work for them... The Brokers and Realtors treat the staff as the "help" No, really, some actually refer to them as "the help". It especially fun when they take out their frustrations on you for not knowing how to work a damn computer. Working here was so bad that i am considering never using a Realtor for any future home experience.

An average place to work without much room for growth

Current Employee - Marking Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marking Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Harry Norman, Realtors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have gained a lot of experience in working with different types of people and personalities, since I work with 80 +/- agents in my office. It's a great entry level job, and unfortunate that there is no way to grow within the company.

Cons

No room for promotions in any staff position - the job you're hired for is more than likely the only position you're going to hold at this company.

Make performance reviews count for something - those who are doing a good job should get more of a raise than those who are are mediocre or lacking in their position.

Go to Jenny Pruitt instead, much better leadership and same parent company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Harry Norman, Realtors

Pros

Former owner made a name for the company that still carries prestige in the city

Cons

Lack of competent leadership within the company

Replace the President of HNR

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

I have been working at Harry Norman, Realtors

Pros

Excellent history and reputation, great brokers, well equipped offices in usable locations, lots of friendly and hardworking agents, good people on the staff

Cons

Commission splits and be rough on junior agents, some of the old Harry Norman feeling has been lost after the merger with Jenny Pruitt

Work harder on focusing on the core market of Intown Atlanta where Harry Norman started, harder hitting advertising to disprove competitor's claims