Harry Winston Reviews

Updated April 26, 2014
Updated April 26, 2014

3.7

Frédéric de Narp

You're not just a number here.

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Harry Winston full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is still small enough where you're not "lost". The management still cares what staff thinks.

Cons

Everything is still very manual; it takes so long to get things done (reports, sales, etc).

Please come up with a better training program.

Huge Potential - Real hope!

I have been working at Harry Winston

Pros

With the purchase from Swatch Group, definitely more power from World's largest watchmaker. The Company has a lot less politics now that the "Cartier" French have all gone.

The brand has never been stronger and we have returned to our core - high jewelry. The product is the Celebrity - not supermodels entertained and promoted by ego-driven managers.

They definitely know who is doing the work and who is not. The self promoters are gone and the place is much more real and friendlier. I am definitely glad I stayed!

Cons

Much tighter controls with more professionalism. Decisions are more thorough and take longer to make. Salary review process more rigorous. HR seems to have less influence as decisions tend to be financially driven.

Spend more time in New York with the staff.

good

Former Employee - Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Harry Winston as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. everytime I needed something they were always very helpful to me. again greata nd fantastic people.

Cons

Unorganzied at times but no company is perfect. I understand that things can get really hectic at times but again it comes with the workload.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promising until it was aquired

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Harry Winston full-time

Pros

Great team. Despite the change in senior management, the associates are amazing people. Everyone shares the same passion for the brand.

Cons

Since the Swatch acquisition, the morale of the company has really hit rock bottom. The executive team that really built the brand to where it is today all left, company is very unstable with no real leadership. Unfortunate to see such an incredible brand suffer.

Communication is key! Value your team.

Hard Work- but satisfying

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Harry Winston full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Driven, dedicated staff. Many small company values but with large company ambition. Rich heritage and history.

Cons

Work / life balance is tough

The 80-year old startup

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Harry Winston full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is on a tail end of a 3-year turaround led by a new CEO and team. Almost everything from brand strategy to office locations has been reviewed and upgraded, all the while enhancing the all-american-glamor flair of the brand. Thrill of contributing to the latest major turnaround story in the luxury industry and of working for one of its most prestigious brands.

Cons

Fast-paced and results driven. Not a culture of careful planning and execution, rather a "get started and course-correct later" mindset. Cultural blend between old timers and newcomers was had to come by but is better now.

Nice work but now would be a good time to slow down. Manage the company less like a startup and more like the larger global corporation it has become.

Great Company

I have been working at Harry Winston

Pros

People are driven and care about the brand which makes for a great working environment. The company is growing at an exponential rate which leaves room for growth.

Cons

With a growing company comes growing demand and pressure. The need to perform at the highest level at all times is at an all time high. Management tries to take care of its employees but it can be pretty stressful.

I wish this place were wonderful"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Harry Winston full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The idea and reputation are so fantastic.

Cons

The reality is depressing. It seems like a bunch of neurotic nuts trying to please a meglomaniac.

Your customers are what made you great. Loose the pompous arrogance and get back in touch with real American glaomour.

Out of touch, self-congratulatory management team

Former Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Harry Winston full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Beautiful brand with a glorious legacy, but it seems stuck in time. New CEO is a very charismatic salesman.

Cons

Entire company is focused on currying the favor of the pretentious CEO, who uses the business for personal self-promotion. Meeting are often held in french due to the influx of CEO's Cartier cronies. And there is a lot of religious praising of God in meetings which makes some employees feel uncomfortable.

Get a businessman to run the company

It was an interesting place to work.

Former Employee - Salon Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Salon Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Harry Winston

Pros

It was definitely an experience working with top notch clients and celebrities.
    Free manicures every 2 weeks was a plus as well.

Cons

Such a degrading job..having to serve "refreshments" and "modeling" the jewelry while men stare at you in the uniform you have to wear. Sales executives have all been there for years and feel entitled.

Worked for Harry Winston? Contribute to the Community!