Harte Hanks Reviews

261 reviews filtered by
2.6
Harte Hanks President and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Philpott
Robert A. Philpott

Pros
  • Great hard-working people, my boss was awesome in terms of work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Great People to work with decent pay (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't really know what the different departments do (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management has created a (in 8 reviews)

1. A learning experience

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Texarkana, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Texarkana, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot and perfected my customer service skills. I started as a customer service then promoted to a team lead with in six months and then to a supervisor with a year.... I loved my job up until I was a supervisor for almost two years and that's when the beast showed its ugly head!

Cons

Pay raise are almost non existent, and even when you are promoted 99.98% the raise will not be what they discuss with you before hand. They promise you the world to get you on board with different things, but they never follow through. If the company's follow through was a bit better I would still be with them today. I absolutely loved the company and the account I worked on, I really hate that it came down to me resigning, and under certain circumstances I would work there again.

Follow through, your word is your bond.

2. Great place to work

Former Employee - Information Technology in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good culture, work/life balance, and advancement opportunities. Solid management.

Cons

Can not think of any cons currently.

3. Great Company, Great Talent, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Enterprise Business Development in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Business Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

capable leadership, great compensation, great benefits, support from back office is better than average, "take care of our people" attitude

Cons

too many logins for various support systems, outdated hardware (laptop, monitor), imperfect training content, schedule and material,

streamline the training content, schedule and material, streamline support system login credentials and provide easier accessibility

5. I learned a lot, but not much work life balance - The agency inside Harte-Hanks

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yardley, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot, and worked with some really smart people. It made me knowledgeable in a lot of technical areas I didn't have exposure to before. I got to do work for some really large clients, including one of the most beloved brands around. We had a lot of lunch-and-learn type events.

Cons

It was very high stressed environment. It was tough to work with both east coast and west coast clients because I was always staying late to get approvals or assets from west coast clients, but I still had to be in early for east coast clients. My number one issue with the company was that I was always jumping from one client to the next, and never really building a relationship with any of them. It felt like HH would rather get a year or two out of an employee rather than treat employees well and try to keep them for long term.

6. Ehhhhh

I worked at Harte Hanks

Pros

They paid for my insurance license. They also paid me during the licensing class, which was about 10 days. Granted, the pay wasn't great, but I wouldn't have considered getting an insurance license otherwise. Got monthly performance reviews to see where you're at, what your strengths are, and what you can do better on. Had occasional raffles for extra money on your checks. Provided lunch every now and then.

Cons

For the most part, they hired solid people. With that being said, I have never worked with so many unprofessional people before in my life. A lot of NSFW talk at work, a certain supervisor being too "hands-on" with both female and male agents, another who was severely unqualified to handle the enrollment process, much less be a supervisor.

If you have an insurance contract again, be more selective in who you hire. Hire supervisors who are actually qualified to supervise. Supervisors shouldn't have to constantly have to ask the agents how to do things they (the supervisors) should already know how to do.

Don't expect much

Former Employee - Revenue Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Revenue Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People are great to work with, you can definitely make great friends, attendance policy has higher incident rate than most, easy to get in (if you can pass a drug test you're hired),

Cons

Not much room for growth, the "bonus" system is complete bogus, many of the supervisors are not very understanding, extremely high turnover, not much over time offered, extremely stressful work environment, do NOT work here if you don't handle being screamed at or cussed out very well

Learn to work more with your employees, honor your bonus incentive structure,

8. Watch your back

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks

Pros

Easy to get a job, get some experience

Cons

They will fire you for a dumb reason or drive you to quit they don't listen to employee concerns

Treat people like people

Resume Builder

I have been working at Harte Hanks

Pros

Easy work.
    Opportunity to grow.
    Friendly staff.

Cons

Pay isn't great for call center agents on the larger accounts.

10. Poor culture, short-sighted management, corporate buffoonery.

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Senior leaders are trying to turn the aircraft carrier and salvage what's left of a company that's woefully behind the times and consistently under-performing. The intent is good, I'll give them that.

Cons

The changes are too slow, too little, too late. C-level leadership talks in meaningless rah-rah corporate speak and is totally driven by short-term profits. They're not scared to shoot themselves in the foot to look better for Wall Street if the timing is right. Mid-level leaders are mostly old-school "lifers" focused on job protection (their own), practicing the most pathetic office politics and spineless CYA behavior imaginable. The company's entire future rests on its acquisition plans, because there's not much in the current business to get excited about.

Deal with your horrible culture. Find something to stand for besides profit to your shareholders. Get rid of the dead-weight "leaders" that have held you back for a decade or more. Recognize that your bullying behavior just feeds into the culture of fear that already exists.

Just a number

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Harte Hanks

Pros

The people that you work with become like family
    Fairly easy job

Cons

No support from upper management (All you are is a number to them)
    Unrealistic expectations from management
    No chance for advancement
    Poor pay

Start caring about your employees