Harte Hanks

Harte Hanks Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Harte Hanks President and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Philpott

Robert A. Philpott

Pros
  • Good work life balance and nice people(in 10 reviews)

• The benefits are good and most of the employees are good to work with(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees at anything under the upper management level are treated like morlocks(in 9 reviews)

• Pays below local going rate for inbound call center experience(in 7 reviews)

Comfortable place to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood technology nice office and warehouse

ConsLow pay/long hours somemanagers not very friendly

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more hours

Necessary improvements are being made

Technology (Current Employee)

ProsPeople/coworkers are great to work with.
    Flexible work hours - some positions offer occasional work from home.
    Huge initiative to make improvements to many of the 'cons' listed.
    Time off policy is decent.

ConsNeed to improve training, career pathing and communication.
    Compensation is not best in the market.
    Resources are over-worked in some areas.
    Hiring seems to be somewhat location specific when it doesn't need to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe path to improvement has started - it needs to come to fruition. Make sure you come through on your commitment and delivery of change.

Benefit watch out

Account Director (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCompensation is fair, people are friendly and open to input. Lots of smart minds work at hh. Access to other company capabilities and over all family oriented,

ConsWith benefits, your need to assess how much of a salary bump you will actually get here. Benefits are not competitive at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at bringing your benefits out the dark ages. Short term disability needs to be added!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Confused priorities

Account Supervisor (Current Employee) Yardley, PA

ProsThere are a lot of positions that work 8:30 to 5:00 so not long hours like many other agencies. Nice people who care about others.

ConsA new managing director was brought in about a year ago and set about firing everyone that could in any way compete with him. Problem is that they are all the people that were running the business. This guy comes from a consulting background and doesn't know how to do basic client service stuff. He has gutted the biggest accounts, half launched a restructure and explained the he just "needs enough runway to fly away to corporate" telling us workers that we should all work really hard and keep bailing the sinking boat until he can get that off the ground. At least he is honest sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is not all about you. If you don't take care of the clients we have then there will be no agency. People need to get salary increases when they perform and training to help them get better. Consider cutting down on the lunches you bring in for your executive meetings and pay for some training.

Call Center Tech Support

Call Agent (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat People to work with decent pay.

ConsNot Many opportunities for Promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementMore interaction between associates and management

Watch your back

Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) Yardley, PA

ProsGreat co-workers - everyone's there to do a job, and they work together to get the work done.

ConsHave to always watch what you say, because some employees will throw you under the bus to protect themselves.

Harte Hanks has great people, a relaxed environment, and fair managers.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Deerfield Beach, FL

ProsHarte Hanks is an extremely laid-back work environment. Due to the nature of the business, jeans, shorts and even hats are permitted. The right people are in charge and have decades of experience to lead with. The business unit is constantly striving to improve, so new ideas are welcomed and outside-the-box thinking is encouraged.

ConsTraining and continuing education courses are lacking. The work environment is unprofessional and relaxed which is not always a good thing. When an employee messes up or doesn't meet KPIs, they are not terminated, just moved around within the organization. There is no HR on-site, you have to call an -800 number to get help when needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire people who need to be fired. Train the employees who want to learn. Facilitate change and positive movement. Hire educated people and promote from within.

Terrible job.

Level I Support (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe best reason to work here was that there was always ppl leaving so you could move up.

ConsThe pay was no good you also had to work weekends. Most of the times you had to work weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better pay

Promises, promises

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Brea, CA

ProsNot sure there is any.

ConsGet stuck in a dead end.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat management?

Not forward thinking

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsHarte Hanks has provided marketing services for many reputable companies.

ConsThere are very few (if any) growth opportunities within the Harte Hanks Jacksonville business unit. This unit specializes in direct mail. Senior management has created a “manual” vs. streamlined automated culture for this unit. No wifi. Some departments require handwritten forms. Most processes require duplicate effort. The salary ranges provided by Harte Hanks HR were deemed inaccurate by senior management to apparently avoid substantial employee raises. Bonuses were provided without a specified bonus structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs for the overall company, the new CEO is hoping to facilitate change.

Worked for Harte Hanks? Contribute to the Community!