Harte Hanks Reviews

Reset
2.3
Harte Hanks President and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Philpott
Robert A. Philpott

Pros
  • Good work life balance and nice people (in 13 reviews)

• Great People to work with decent pay (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't really know what the different departments do (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management has created a (in 8 reviews)

1. software engineer

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

management and peer support, flexibility and good benefits

Cons

medical insurance co-pay could be lower.

Advice to Management

it's a great company to work for and is transforming itself to be the best.

Harte Hanks making positive changes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Harte Hanks is making some positive changes recently, and re-focusing on employee retention. Past CEO focused on cost-cutting. Now company needs to expand successful relationships and make employees happy.

Cons

Past cost cutting ways and brand confusion must be addressed. Company must re-dedicate itself to amazing client service and creativity, while giving functional areas more autonomy and empowerment.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee retention, execution and client service. Provide outstanding service to key clients, but go all out to bring in new business. Must differentiate from competition and leverage data expertise in house. Hire and retain....

Want to believe in the change...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

Going through a massive reorganization to become more relevant and profitable. The future vision is exciting. Many talented employees to work with and learn from.

Cons

After 1.5 years of painful reorganization (including large scale layoffs), have yet to see any real benefit of the change. Management doesn't value it's talented, hardworking employees. Company doesn't seem willing to put the money where their mouth is when it comes to investing in the people and technology we need to do better.

5. Technical Support Engineer - MS O365-D

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team to work with! There are now bonuses, incentives and low-key competitions to increase morale and productivity.

Cons

Attrition makes it difficult to keep up with volume while getting new trainees up to speed. No test environment for hands-on training.

Advice to Management

Build a test environment to provide hands-on training

6. Outbound Sales

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative (Reliant Account) in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative (Reliant Account) in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks

Pros

Co-workers were friendly and commission structure has been improved.

Cons

Very few warm leads and there is a lot of cold calling.

7. Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

I have been working at Harte Hanks (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, a pay check, room for advancement, decent managers, opportunity to work from home, supportive staff for IT and the like

Cons

Open office concept, company in a state of flux after CEO was recently removed, high work load and stressful environment

Advice to Management

best wishes to whoever succeeds Mr. Philpott; continue to seek employee input, investigate better health benefits, and if something was not broken, please don't fix it

8. Analyst

Former Employee - Systems Analyst
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team oriented, results driven, great recognitioln. Events are held for high performing staff monthly

Cons

Unmotivated management, some managers are out of touch with needs of employees and other part time staff

Advice to Management

Lead from the ground up

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The account I worked on was only open M-F from 8am to 4pm. We got 2 weeks off at Christmas, as the account was closed at that time. Not really a stressful account to work for, just needed to put your butt in the seat and take calls all day.

Cons

Building was shabbily maintained, had only 1 employee entrance that took you directly through the smoker's patio. Bathrooms were almost always filthy. There were many times that I did not feel safe with the quality of people that were hired to fill accounts. HR was a joke....I reported an issue with another employee and was told to suck it up and get back to work. My whole account was laid off with no other offers for employment with only 2 days notice. The account was moved to the Harte Hanks call facility in the Phillipines. They closed the whole facility down about 3 months after we were let go. Most of those jobs went overseas.

Advice to Management

Invest in the people who work hard for you. Keep jobs in the USA. Hire competent and qualified management staff. Hire competent and qualified employees, not just "butts in seats".

10. Management needs to set the example

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

This company is turning things around, they have decent trainers, great ops managers. From agency or internal recruiter to training is great. Loved my peers and loved managing my program when I was given the opportunity l to do so.

Cons

There is a serious issue when the upper management is micro managing the supervisors and agents and not letting their supervisor manage them. As a supervisor I was forced to report to multiple people and was given mixed messages at all times. I am gainfully employed now and am glad to not have to deal with directors that play favoritism with the attendance policy yet break company policy of dating other employees. Hypocrisy should be the name of this company.

Advice to Management

When you hire someone, be confident in that decision. Keep the chain of command and stop allowing Directors manage agents and supervisors when that is why you have ops managers.

lots of changes

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Billerica, MA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found it to have pretty competitive company benefits, and some strong team members. Salaries were pretty good.

Cons

Lots of turmoil that made it hard to get our work done. Little real strategy to develop plans from and changes that weren't always communicated well.

RSS Feed </> Embed