Harte Hanks Reviews

274 reviews filtered by
2.5
Harte Hanks President and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Philpott
Robert A. Philpott

Pros
  • Great hard-working people, my boss was awesome in terms of work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Great People to work with decent pay (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't really know what the different departments do (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management has created a (in 8 reviews)

1. Marketing Intern

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Yardley, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Harte Hanks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of room for learning as an intern and the workers are great! Willing to help you grow and teach you the skills to be successful at Harte Hanks.

Cons

People tend to come and go, you could be training with someone and all of the sudden, they got fired or got another job. Very fast paced.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management, they were terrific and were very supportive to us interns throughout our whole semester.

2. Workforce Analyst

Former Employee - Workforce Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Workforce Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to come in at entry level and gain skills to move on to much better companies. Many colleagues moved on to top notch companies e.g., Apple, Dell, Home Depot, etc., with the skills they attained here to have great careers.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive and employee appreciation is virtually non-existent. The outsourcing model is basically to offer services as the lowest bidder. So salaries are provided at the lower end. This company operates in hiring cheap labor and exhausting resources without putting much back into their employees.

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between management and staff. Work harder to make employees feel less like disposable assets and more like human beings.

3. Working with the Clients has been a very good experience

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

Harte Hanks is a large, global MSO with brand recognition and a number of major labels as clients. They are relatively efficient with resource and strive to be best in class.

Cons

The company's legacy is one of a number of companies "rolled up" and each new "roll up" brings another system, login, business methodology, profit and loss statement.

Advice to Management

Follow your own advice. Put the customer at the center, have open and frank conversations and create a pathway for employee enrichment...

5. Licensed Agent

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

If bilingual pay is pretty decent
    Bonuses if your attendance is good

Cons

Some seasons you have to work weekends and holidays, it depends of the account you work for.

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular. I had a good experience working there.

6. Marketing Technology Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Nice office space. Freedom to travel for client. Work with some great people even over seas

Cons

Harte Hanks is going through some transitions and causing some issues. Sr management was chosen poorly and is causing more pain than it should be. Investment in employees is minimal.

Advice to Management

Hire the right leaders to lead the change. Stop using yes men for leadership. Incest in employees.

7. Boring work and out of touch management

Former Employee - Social Media Support Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Support Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks

Pros

I wasn't on the phones - I was part of the social support team. The manager, Scott, is a cool dude who seems to get it. It being that the work is dull, boring and that there's not enough to do. None of your work ever comes home with you though - just clock in and clock out.

Cons

Cons were that the work was boring, rules were very strict (TRUST your employees people) and that doing anything above and beyond was frowned upon. We didn't have enough work to do and pretty much just twiddled our thumbs for hours.

Advice to Management

Lighten up - some of us would actually excel at our jobs if you'd let us. Provide resources for onboarding - the onboarding process was a nightmare.

8. A learning experience

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Texarkana, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Texarkana, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot and perfected my customer service skills. I started as a customer service then promoted to a team lead with in six months and then to a supervisor with a year.... I loved my job up until I was a supervisor for almost two years and that's when the beast showed its ugly head!

Cons

Pay raise are almost non existent, and even when you are promoted 99.98% the raise will not be what they discuss with you before hand. They promise you the world to get you on board with different things, but they never follow through. If the company's follow through was a bit better I would still be with them today. I absolutely loved the company and the account I worked on, I really hate that it came down to me resigning, and under certain circumstances I would work there again.

Advice to Management

Follow through, your word is your bond.

9. Once-great place to work suffers long decline

Former Employee - Developer in Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Developer in Billerica, MA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can only speak about the Billerica, MA office. Was once a great place to work, loaded with dynamic people, terrific energy, and a fun culture. Still a lot of good people, my manager was very easy to work for, hands off, and always letting us know that we were doing a good job and were appreciated. But the culture has fallen off the cliff. Benefits are OK. A lot of folks worked remotely at times, especially during bad weather.

Cons

Management from afar, seems to have no conception of what we did in Billerica. Promised more open communication for years, never got it. People have lost a lot of enthusiasm for the work. Little collaboration between departments. Most people have the attitude that anyone can get be laid off at any time, so why bother. They have let go a lot of very dedicated, very experienced people. Miniscule or non-existent raises for years. Technology is outdated and clunky. People are just expected to be available 24/7, including when on PTO.

Advice to Management

Don't have any advice. They wouldn't listen anyway. Too busy patting each other on the back for running mean and lean.

10. Great place to work

Former Employee - Information Technology in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture, work/life balance, and advancement opportunities. Solid management.

Cons

Can not think of any cons currently.

11. Great Company, Great Talent, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Enterprise Business Development in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Business Development in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

capable leadership, great compensation, great benefits, support from back office is better than average, "take care of our people" attitude

Cons

too many logins for various support systems, outdated hardware (laptop, monitor), imperfect training content, schedule and material,

Advice to Management

streamline the training content, schedule and material, streamline support system login credentials and provide easier accessibility