Harte Hanks Reviews

283 reviews filtered by
2.4
Harte Hanks President and Chief Executive Officer Robert A. Philpott
Robert A. Philpott

Pros
  • Great hard-working people, my boss was awesome in terms of work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Great People to work with decent pay (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't really know what the different departments do (in 12 reviews)

• Senior management has created a (in 8 reviews)

1. Chaotic

Former Contractor - Supervisor in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Supervisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, easy going, work doesn't come home with you

Cons

Chaotic, too many new people, favoritism, have to have connections with upper mgnt, become a thumb twiddling pro.

Advice to Management

Look past friends for employment, on boarding needs to be less chaotic

Plenty of room for improvement

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

This place has potential. And maybe that's what makes it so frustrating. While I worked here, I was impressed by how smart, friendly, and down-to-earth most of my colleagues were.

Cons

Upper level management is completely disconnected from their overworked and overlooked employees (many talented people passed over for promotions as well as people in need of support who never receive a helping hand). When I left, morale was at an all time low and people were resigning in large quantities. There is tons of work to be done, but not enough people to do it (mostly due to the mass exodus). I've actually never worked somewhere like this before - where there are so many blatantly frustrated and unhappy people. Good people who deserve better.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans. Give them perks to show them they are valued. Put processes in place that help support them. Give them a voice. Or else, the company will eventually crumble once no one is left to do the work. Everyone has a breaking point. And I've never seen so many people on the verge of breaking all at the same company at the same time.

3. Good experience

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

In the main, a challenging and fast moving with many opportunities to make a difference within a given work team and location.

Cons

I would say that the Texas based company can be brutal at times in closing locations and dismissing their staff.

5. Marketing Intern

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Yardley, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Yardley, PA

I have been working at Harte Hanks part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of room for learning as an intern and the workers are great! Willing to help you grow and teach you the skills to be successful at Harte Hanks.

Cons

People tend to come and go, you could be training with someone and all of the sudden, they got fired or got another job. Very fast paced.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management, they were terrific and were very supportive to us interns throughout our whole semester.

6. Workforce Analyst

Former Employee - Workforce Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Workforce Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to come in at entry level and gain skills to move on to much better companies. Many colleagues moved on to top notch companies e.g., Apple, Dell, Home Depot, etc., with the skills they attained here to have great careers.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive and employee appreciation is virtually non-existent. The outsourcing model is basically to offer services as the lowest bidder. So salaries are provided at the lower end. This company operates in hiring cheap labor and exhausting resources without putting much back into their employees.

Advice to Management

Bridge the gap between management and staff. Work harder to make employees feel less like disposable assets and more like human beings.

7. Working with the Clients has been a very good experience

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

Harte Hanks is a large, global MSO with brand recognition and a number of major labels as clients. They are relatively efficient with resource and strive to be best in class.

Cons

The company's legacy is one of a number of companies "rolled up" and each new "roll up" brings another system, login, business methodology, profit and loss statement.

Advice to Management

Follow your own advice. Put the customer at the center, have open and frank conversations and create a pathway for employee enrichment...

8. Licensed Agent

I worked at Harte Hanks full-time

Pros

If bilingual pay is pretty decent
    Bonuses if your attendance is good

Cons

Some seasons you have to work weekends and holidays, it depends of the account you work for.

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular. I had a good experience working there.

9. Marketing Technology Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Nice office space. Freedom to travel for client. Work with some great people even over seas

Cons

Harte Hanks is going through some transitions and causing some issues. Sr management was chosen poorly and is causing more pain than it should be. Investment in employees is minimal.

Advice to Management

Hire the right leaders to lead the change. Stop using yes men for leadership. Incest in employees.

Boring work and out of touch management

Former Employee - Social Media Support Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Social Media Support Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Harte Hanks

Pros

I wasn't on the phones - I was part of the social support team. The manager, Scott, is a cool dude who seems to get it. It being that the work is dull, boring and that there's not enough to do. None of your work ever comes home with you though - just clock in and clock out.

Cons

Cons were that the work was boring, rules were very strict (TRUST your employees people) and that doing anything above and beyond was frowned upon. We didn't have enough work to do and pretty much just twiddled our thumbs for hours.

Advice to Management

Lighten up - some of us would actually excel at our jobs if you'd let us. Provide resources for onboarding - the onboarding process was a nightmare.

11. Client delivery

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chalfont, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chalfont, PA

I have been working at Harte Hanks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some really talanted, smart worker bees.

Cons

No leadership, no raises, huge attrition factor due to reorg and unstable company

RSS Feed </> Embed