Harvard Management Company

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great internship!

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat people to work with and lots of different experience and opportunities to learn. Great pay also.

ConsI can't think of any.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Its a "Nonprofit"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits, opportunities to learn, decent office culture, compensation

ConsMy team was fine but long hours. Promotions as slow. HR seems to be two faced, occasionally rude.

Biggest mistake I ever made was leaving

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsHMC is a great company with smart but yet humble people, and very stable. They really reward high performers and consistently payout on their bonus opportunities. The are competitive on salary, have a really great downtown location, and very strong leadership. The whole place knows who they are, and why their job is important. You can't find a more dedicated group of professionals.

ConsSome of their long term employees are bit still stuck in a time warp longing for the 1990s. Workload was a bit high when I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course.. It's working.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great platform, very nice people

Vice President (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsHMC is an amazing platform with lots of resources and opportunity, if you take initiative. People are very friendly and you can't beat the work/life balance.

ConsGroups are more siloed than I would have expected, though everyone is open and helpful so it seems it does not have to be this way.

slow

Associate (Current Employee)

Proswork hard you can make a good living

Conshead quarters are far and no local office near by

Company culture and investment style have changed completely since Mohammed left

ProsGood brand name, small team structure, exposure to external resource because of the brand.

ConsCompany has gone through many personnel turnover, especially in the investment team. It becomes clubby and less transparent. The investment style also shifts toward indexing and short term speculative trading.

Not as good as I hoped

ProsOverall Great Benefits and Perks

ConsManagement attitude towards employees leaves to be desired

Great place to work at first....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWell back in 2005 is was a great place to work. It was a fast pace enviroment, but it felt easy going. As the markets to a hit in 2007 the company when through a 2 year re-org. While I was there though I worked with some nice co-workers and great benefits.

ConsI started to feel more and more pressure when with couple of re-orgs with the high trading activity when the economy crumbled before my eyes. I was laid off back in 2009. I just think the industry as a whole changed and Harvard had to react. Not sure if I even want to be involved in working in the finance industry again.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership at Harvard Management was not bad. They did well communicating to employees and gave great feedback

Worked for Harvard Management Company? Contribute to the Community!