Harvard Risk Management

Updated January 18, 2015
Updated January 18, 2015
3.9

CEO

This truly is a life changing experience.

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Croydon, PA
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Croydon, PA

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Your pretty much your own boss. Though you do need a sponsor to get you started and there is a small start up fee. But it sets you up for success. Not everyone is for this work environment cause you do have to work hard. But if you have the determination and the to succeed, then you will do good.

Cons

There will be days were you may not get in contact with anyone or you may not make any money

Never got paid for my sales!

I worked at Harvard Risk Management full-time

Pros

Great management experience! I got hands on experience with interviewing and also managing a high volume team.

Cons

100% Commissions! They do not pay you for sales that your team makes.

Just started working for HRM. I am neutral at this point.

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management as a contractor

Pros

Flexible schedule, Great product, great pay (I hope!)

Cons

Too soon to tell, I will update after I have been working longer.

Newcomer To Harvard Risk Management

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Iola, KS
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Iola, KS

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management part-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a tremendous company. The products they offer are top of the line. But it is NOT a job, it is not a salaried position and anyone who does not understand the concepts of Independent Contractors, Directy Sales and Business Investments should stay away. Yes, building a downlinbe organization will make you money. No it is not a Pyramid Scheme. By defiition a Pyramid has no products or services. Harvard has plenty. LegalShiield alone is a top of the line Legal Services and Identity Theft protection company that Harvard Associates work with. I have not made money with it yet, and have spent a lot to begin the business. But this is true about any business. You have to invetst time, money, and as my upline says FOCUS! For me, I am in it for the long run. Can't just quit my job and dive in full time just yet. But I bought the Legal Shield and have already been very pleased in my uses of it. If you are selft starting, detail oriented and not afraid of NO's, there is a real need for our products and services. Their training and support is the best I have seen.

Cons

They provide a lot of support. You have to be able to invest both time and money to make it work. Those looking for a salary need to look elsewhere. They are not going to change the model. You can make far more money with their compensation program. Some go big and grow fast, others take longer. If you are not ready to do it right, you are better off not doing it at all.

Keep up the tremendous level of support you supply. Training calls can be listened to from their huge library of sessions. The materials are solid and I hope it ocntinues.

Harvard Risk Management is a SCAM

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros that I have experienced with this company. If they lived up to what they promised, it would be fantastic.

Cons

I did everything that the "call" said to do, including paying over $50.00 start up to enroll in Legal Shield and Identity Theft Protection "so I will know what the sales people are using". This made me a Senior Recruiter that allowed me to get $200.00 per recruit. To date, I have recruited 6 people, owed $1200. Have only received $100.00. Now "supervisor" won't answer my emails. I don't know how these people live with themselves as they take advantage of so many people.

Do what you promise.

Excellent training in a cloud based office that is accessible anywhere.

Current Employee - Agent in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Agent in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The income potential is unlimited. Working for a CEO that has actually went out and met with families, individuals, and corporations and done the exact same thing I do is priceless. Anymore you go to work for a company and the CEO wouldn't even know your name. Not here.

Cons

I have only found that the downside is a balance between work and home?

The training and support that you have given agents to suceed within your organization is hands down the best in the industry. Keep up the good work!

"Carlyle Young's Review"

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management

Pros

Freedom- You are your own boss and when needed, your recruiter will assist you. The fact of knowing that you can make a difference in a person's livlihood.

Cons

You can move or advance at your own rate. If you're good enough, you maybe considered to feature a video to train new recruiters.

Harvard Risk Management review

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Harvard Risk Management as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Enthusiastic youthful leadership. Local Dallas Headquarters for managers. Online training in addition to live face-to-face training. Healthy exchange of ideas in management meetings. Unlimited income potential, ideal for sales team builders. Ideal for individual producers who may not be team builders. Excellent for B2B-experienced outside salespeople.

Cons

Overwhelming number of meetings, training sessions. Commission-based without a base salary. Leads are cold leads based on resumes submitted to job boards.

A modest base salary would improve retention of marginal salespeople who may be "slow bloomers." However, it is clear that the leadership wants hard chargers who are hungry and eager to build a sales team which the company will inherit when the recruiter moves on to another opportunity, a common design among similar organizations.

Great Company to Work for and Absolutely NOT a Scam or MLM

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management

Pros

Love the flexibility of being my own boss and working from home! Excellent company with excellent support and training. Despite what some others have said, this does NOT require a downline to make money (if you choose to create a sales team you can get ahead faster though). All this takes is hard work and persistence to be successful, which most people don't want to do so it's easier to call it a scam. Everyone invests money in their own business, right? There's nothing different here except this is a cheap startup. For now, I choose to work solo and it provides a very good income!

Cons

Really don't have any. I can say rejection, but that comes with any sales position. The key is move on and keep a positive attitude and the income follows!

Keep up the great work! You are all very inspiring and always ready to help if needed.

Lol@the fake reviews. Pyramid scheme plain and simple.

I have been working at Harvard Risk Management

Pros

Unless you are the type of person who is comfortable selling an idea instead of a tangible product. And unless you understand how to create a down line there are no pros. You will be fodder for an up line that will get a kick back on the products you sell.

Cons

This is not a real job. It requires a financial investment which allows you to sell the product to people. Very little money in it unless you are persuasive and can sell the product to other potential sellers. If you are looking for a pyramid, mlm scam it's as good as any. If you are looking for a job that can go somewhere with an established company. I would not recommend it.