Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Gene Lindsey

Good learning experience

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, several opportunities to learn additional skills, annual promotions, great pay and benefits. Extensive training offered, I felt very prepared going into my first weeks of work. Close knit community, holidays and birthdays celebrated making the environment feel friendly and familial.

Cons

Micro managing was a huge deterrent in this job. Sometimes I felt that the patient was the last concern in the long list of entities we had to focus on. Constantly changing procedures so at times hard to keep track of what was what.

Remember to be patient when introducing new processes! Your employees have a million other things to keep track of in addition to policy and procedure adjustments so let them figure out the pace in which they introduce them into routine. Listen listen listen to your people! They will know when something isn't working.

Great Pay horrible management

Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Medical Secretary in Boston, MA

I have been working at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the pay is good and the benefits are great!

Cons

no flexibility for working moms, and managers need more training to work with employees.

need to be more involved in managers and employees, also need to be more flexible with working parents. Very strict company policies for working women.

Excellent

I have been working at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Pros

Outstanding healthcare company in Boston area.

Cons

Fast paced environment. Complex dynamic local Medical environment.

Good mission statement, bad upper management.

Former Employee - Supervisory
    Former Employee - Supervisory

I worked at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits were good. Pay was ok and the time off was acceptable as well. All the major holidays were paid days off.

Cons

Upper management and administrators. HVMA uses promotion from within as a big selling point but doesn't make good on the promise. I was an employee for well over a decade, denied a promotion I was more than qualified for, and my manager could not give me a good reason why. From talking to other employees this is typical.

Stop the revolving door of upper management. No one working on the front lines knows who upper management is or what any of you actually do. It always felt like there were too many of you.

Micromanaged, money driven

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent pay and good benefits

Cons

Poor management. Company is all about making money and less about patient care

Great Place To Work

I have been working at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent employee benefits. High staff satisfaction, with many employees 10+ years. Patient experience is top priority. Dedicated to keeping up with challenging US healthcare changes and staying competitive.

Cons

IT Systems could use some upgrades. Follow through with identified department areas in need of improvement.

No Redeeming Qualities

Former Employee - Professional in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Professional in Boston, MA

I worked at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A nurturing environment for the mediocre and puerile.

Cons

Feckless senior management, lickspittle middle management and a venomous HR department deliver an utterly toxic work environment. Petty turf battles, back stabbing and hypocrisy rule the day, every day. I'd rather clean septic tanks than work at HVMA again.

Why would I bother? They are so divorced from reality that, If it penetrated their fog of conceit, they wouldn't care.

Excellent patient care

I have been working at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent teamwork and management, devotion to improving patient health and education

Cons

Sometimes involves long hours which is to be expected in healthcare

Intensely horrible environment

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Match on the 401K. Nothing else good about working at HVMA.

Cons

Dishonest place to work for, hired for one position, forced into another Given no training for new position. Given tasks that had no hope of accomplishing because they wouldn't train me for the tasks. Then reprimanded because I couldn't complete tasks. Ranks as the most miserable place I have ever worked at in my life. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work at HVMA.

Not going to waste my time giving them advice. They would never take it.

Poor Management, Poor Leadership

I have been working at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates as a contractor

Pros

Salary, time off for vacations. earned time

Cons

working with alcoholics that have been arrested for drunk driving while employed and HR does nothing. working with medical staff who are on heavy prescription drugs and management knows it and does nothing. management in most areas just looking out for number one and HR turns their back instead of getting rid of dead wood. Run....don't walk away from this company.

Wouldn't matter...they don't care.