Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gene Lindsey

Great Place To Work

ProsExcellent employee benefits. High staff satisfaction, with many employees 10+ years. Patient experience is top priority. Dedicated to keeping up with challenging US healthcare changes and staying competitive.

ConsIT Systems could use some upgrades. Follow through with identified department areas in need of improvement.

Micromanaged, money driven

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Somerville, MA

ProsExcellent pay and good benefits

ConsPoor management. Company is all about making money and less about patient care

No Redeeming Qualities

Professional (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsA nurturing environment for the mediocre and puerile.

ConsFeckless senior management, lickspittle middle management and a venomous HR department deliver an utterly toxic work environment. Petty turf battles, back stabbing and hypocrisy rule the day, every day. I'd rather clean septic tanks than work at HVMA again.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy would I bother? They are so divorced from reality that, If it penetrated their fog of conceit, they wouldn't care.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent patient care

ProsExcellent teamwork and management, devotion to improving patient health and education

ConsSometimes involves long hours which is to be expected in healthcare

Intensely horrible environment

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsMatch on the 401K. Nothing else good about working at HVMA.

ConsDishonest place to work for, hired for one position, forced into another Given no training for new position. Given tasks that had no hope of accomplishing because they wouldn't train me for the tasks. Then reprimanded because I couldn't complete tasks. Ranks as the most miserable place I have ever worked at in my life. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work at HVMA.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot going to waste my time giving them advice. They would never take it.

Poor Management, Poor Leadership

ProsSalary, time off for vacations. earned time

Consworking with alcoholics that have been arrested for drunk driving while employed and HR does nothing. working with medical staff who are on heavy prescription drugs and management knows it and does nothing. management in most areas just looking out for number one and HR turns their back instead of getting rid of dead wood. Run....don't walk away from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWouldn't matter...they don't care.

Excellent experience for per diem employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood atmosphere between cohorts, great supervisors

Consas is the case everywhere, the productivity squeeze is everpresent, and undermines quality of care. PTs are hardest hit.

Advice to Senior Managementbe care you don't push your therapists to the point of not being able to provide quality care.

Employees rewarded for increasing and decreasing the "right" numbers, as defined by administration.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFairly reasonable benefits and pay.

ConsAdministration's use of Toyota Lean techniques to supposedly improve various aspects of patient care, but which actually result in little improvement and which cause employees to be progressively overworked and under-rewarded. Use of "360" job performance reviews, ie, being reviewed by coworkers, which leads to more morale issues. Salaries based on "modified quota" system, in some departments, leading to decrease in pay when patients do not attend appointments. Little support for frontline staff by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee "Cons" above. Focus on improving morale of and support for employees, and quality of care will improve as a result. Decrease pay for upper management and increase pay for those at the bottom of the organizational chart. Rethink the medical model.

Very enriching experience from a professional development view and supportive colleagues.

Behavioral Health APRN (Current Employee) Chelmsford, MA

Prosdiversity of patient population, supportive staff, state of the EMR

Consbusy practice with long wait lists for patients

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to seek the advice of staff in the trenches

Toxic work environment, Mean Girls gone wild

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) Concord, MA

ProsPay was decent but not everyone gets paid same rate for same job. Benefits decent if you could afford it.

ConsI can only speak about the Concord location which is full of bullies and management would be first to write you up for saying the word bully, rather than do something about the bullies, of which run rampant in this location. I have never in my working life worked with a more miserable, unprofessional, gossiping, tragic bunch of individuals that do nothing but whisper and complain about their jobs, managers and each other daily while stabbing their co workers in the back that don't jump on board with their misery. Sexual harassment, bogus investigations by a mediocre HR Dept that wouldn't be able to find their ass from a hole in their head. Name of the game is to protect lousy supervisors that bully their staff rather than help the victims of abuse. Most of all, don't work in the Lab or Radiology Department unless you have wonderful psychiatric care, a lawyer and great meds.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of your asses and see what your staff is getting away with right under your turned up noses! You have abusive managers that insult their staff in front of others routinely and all management care about is the numbers and if their supervisors are keeping in budget, not how they treat their staff. Your new HR Manager is a greasy little rat and totally ineffective with people. Your other HR woman calls people who are subcontracted out by another company but work full time at your premises..."rented". I wish someone had warned me before I started how terrible the Lab's reputation was for how their manager treated her staff and how terrible they treat one another.

Worked for Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates? Contribute to the Community!