Hasbro

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hasbro President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner

Brian Goldner

Pros
  • They have a work week that is half day Fridays and the hours are made up Monday-Thursday(in 21 reviews)

• Many different brands to work on(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees who do the work have little to no value on projects they take on in management's eyes(in 4 reviews)

• Hasbro is more reactionary than innovative due to the conservative senior management team(in 6 reviews)

Corporate-lite atmosphere with some great perks from a CEO, who wants to keep his employees happy!

ProsFlexible work schedule with half day Fridays all year round. Plus 1 week off after Xmas. Fun activities for the employees. Creative business clothes accepted. Managers encourage employees self improvement and learning.

ConsLayoffs happen every six months and directors can't be honest about it. Most front line managers have little to no experience managing people and some got promoted through politics. They have to many temps/contractors. Currently, morale is at an all time low due to the huge Feb/March '13 layoff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore management education for frontline leaders and directors. Keep working on company culture, boosting morale, and promoting internal employees. Have more professional hiring logistics. Work on HR reps/partners to give good career advice to their employees to push them along their path rather than making them feel interrogated for wanting a better role/job with in the company.

Fun, enthusiastic

ATI Intern (Former Employee) Pawtucket, RI

ProsPlay with toys every day, half-day Fridays, occasional company events, just outside Providence

ConsThe Pawtucket area leaves a lot to be desired.

Temps are the middle child of the Hasbro family.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorked with a great team. Staff and freelancers have it made.

ConsIt's in RI. Temps are treated like slaves.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot everything is an emergency.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

merchandiser

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Los Lunas, NM

Prosgood pay for the work

Consnot enough hours per week

Fickle, irrational, Hasbro is the definition of job insecurity for most of the staff I met.

Product Designer (Former Employee) Pawtucket, RI

ProsExciting work, good for your resume. Fridays are a half day, but you more than make up for it by working longer and harder Monday-Thursday and working from home.

ConsA very tense environment to work in. They ramp up and ramp down employment based on poor insight and decisions. Hasbro uses a LOT of contracted employment and then cut the people loose just before or right at the end of their contract. Some freelancers they flirt with hiring for years and years stringing them along. DO NOT MOVE TO RHODE ISLAND THINKING HASBRO IS A LONG TERM EMPLOYER their history and actions say otherwise. Since the moment I started the other employees quickly expressed their day to day job insecurity.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the people making the poor decisions at the top not the talented staff working hard to deliver the product.

Interesting Work

Intern (Former Employee) East Longmeadow, MA

ProsPlayful employees (play games during lunch), time for personal projects, free pizza Fridays, relaxed corporate culture

ConsDisorganized, constantly felt I was asking for work when there was none, inefficient

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter planning and organization, more innovation

Whole lot of meh, with nice people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun place to work with some really nice people.

ConsNo innovation, everyone just sends out all their work.

Advice to Senior Managementmaybe hire some of the good talent you're throwing away

My time as a design intern

Design Intern (Former Employee) Pawtucket, RI

ProsGood pay, friendly people, nice atmosphere, good for resume

ConsBad management (my particular case), not sustainable

Advice to Senior ManagementInterns can be more capable than you know.

A joyless, high stress experience. Creativity was not rewarded and our team leader was poorly suited for his role.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Pawtucket, RI

ProsGreat work life balance
    Decent benefits
    High visibilitiy corporate responsiblity

ConsMediocre salaries
    No incentives for younger employees looking to move up
    Lack of diversity (culturally and stylistically)

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the needs of your work force, and not just the board and Senior Management. Cultivate an informed and knowledgeable work force, and don't reward loyalty with title and positions that people are not qualified to hold. Nothing worse than reporting to a manager or division head who doesn't have a clue about the area of expertise he or she is in charge of. And most importantly, try creating a more diverse work force. It's shameful that there is only one woman in Senior Management, and that you can count on one hand the number of people of color on that same board. As a place the wants to call itself innovative and cutting edge, Hasbro has probably one of the most vanilla workforces going. It's not an issue of location in Providence, as much as it is a symptom of people at the top only wanting to look down and see folks who look and think like them.

Product Design Engineer Coop

Product Engineer (Former Employee) Providence, RI

ProsI worked in the board game division and it was a very creative environment. Worked with marketers, designers, and other engineers. I learned a lot about manufacturing principles and design specifications.

ConsNot much room for advancement, teams tend to get stuck together. A lot of the work given to you comes in waves.

Worked for Hasbro? Contribute to the Community!