Hasbro Reviews

Updated August 17, 2014

3.5

Hasbro President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner
Brian Goldner

Pros
  • They have a work week that is half day Fridays and the hours are made up Monday-Thursday (in 21 reviews)

• Many different brands to work on (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees who do the work have little to no value on projects they take on in management's eyes (in 4 reviews)

• Hasbro is more reactionary than innovative due to the conservative senior management team (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company to work for especially as a seasonal

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser ( Seasonal)  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser ( Seasonal) in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Hasbro part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Athmosphere
    Good Pay
    very particular training

Cons

need to have own car, you will travel a lot

nothing

Great experience

Current Employee - Rapid Prototyping Coop  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Rapid Prototyping Coop in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Hasbro as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Hasbro was very fast with the hiring process and taught me a lot as a coop. I came in at the end of my 2nd year in college so I acquired a great deal of knowledge.

Cons

Non applicable. Management was great and my team was awesome. I don't think I've ever even seen someone get mad at another employee in this department. Very impressive and positive work environment.

Pay your coops a little more. We do the same amount of work and same tasks as full time employees who have been here from a range of 1- 30 years yet we barely make any money.

A dream come true.

I worked at Hasbro

Pros

it's the happy-go-lucky toy factory

Cons

there are no cons worth mentioning

no advice...i'm writing this to gain free access to an app

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A fantastic company that really cares about their employees.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hasbro part-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay well for part-time, offer great time off. Most flexible job I have ever had. It give a chance to be around different people and situations everyday. You are basically the manager of your own little company. Great leadership and bosses that work with you. Great 401 k option.

Cons

The only thing is that you have to have another job or a trust fund to survive. I just wish it was full time.

Keep up the great work and maybe consider expanding your merchandisers to full time. I think you would be pleased with the result and it would not really cost as much as you would think.

If you like flexibility and to set your own schedules then this is not for you but if you like reliable paychecks & work

I have been working at Hasbro

Pros

Lots of accountability and lots of training when start with company and continues on going, toys are a fun product to merchandise.

Cons

No flexibility in schedule or times to work, no evening and even though part time, must work every day so it is only part time regarding total hours but they are spread out over a person's week so hard to do other work. Micro-managing is common place. And have to sign in at vendor log, then must get every in store project logged for time and a manager must sign which causes a loss of credibility for the merchandiser and managers even question each project versus start and end of shift...they want you to have responsibility over the store as your own, hours are set for you and then they treat you like a child with all of the required signatures. It is awkward for store personnel and the Hasbro rep because it is as if there is no respect from own corporate office.

Amazing company with a fun environment!

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Supervisors are extremely interested in helping interns get the most out of their internship
    Great experience in a fast paced environment and working as a part of a team
    Great environment

Cons

Not a great deal of formal training

good place to work

I have been working at Hasbro full-time

Pros

good compensation plan and good people

Cons

Temp assignments get renewed on the day before it ends

plan your strategy better

Great place to work

I have been working at Hasbro

Pros

Great context as it is toy industry.

Cons

Salaries are on the lower side.

Very confusing and miscommunicated company

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Colleagues on my team were very friendly, half day Friday's, discounts at the toy store

Cons

Upper level management would not care to listen to you or try to help you out in certain predicaments

Listen to lower coworkers. They sometimes see more out in the field than you might

Excellent company,but the office I work at is a disgrace!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Hasbro full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Christmas week off; Half-day Fridays. Most of the people are super nice, collaborative and focused on mentoring and partnering. Top management at HQ is accessible even when I work in a regional office. Latin-america is doing very good in terms of numbers.

Cons

-The Hasbro-Miami office is not aligned with HQ in terms of culture and values.
    -The top two managers at the Miami for Latam have created a toxic environment in the office that is affecting negatively not only the morale of the people but also the performance. Most of the staff is demoralized to the point where it's just a 8 to 6 job for them rather than being excited about working at a company that makes a difference and that cares about its workforce. The worst of the kind I have ever seen.
    -Backstabbing, bullying is permitted since it comes from the top management in the office all the way down.
    -Senior Management lacks the ability to make decisions. Lots of talk of caring about employees and their opinions but in reality top management doesn't want to hear criticism.

To the Top management of the company, you should reprimand the heads of this office and align them with the corporate culture values of the company. This office is in the US not in Mexico where they can treat people like their servants. Treat people with respect, not as cheap disposable toys. With no solid prospects for the next few years and a bleak outlook in a stagnant industry, know that being good to your people is key to fueling a creative culture to perform well and innovate. Stop the in-fighting and focus on the business.

Worked for Hasbro? Contribute to the Community!