Hasbro

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hasbro President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner

Brian Goldner

Pros
  • They have a work week that is half day Fridays and the hours are made up Monday-Thursday (in 21 reviews)

• Many different brands to work on (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees who do the work have little to no value on projects they take on in management's eyes (in 4 reviews)

• Hasbro is more reactionary than innovative due to the conservative senior management team (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A fantastic company that really cares about their employees.

Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThey pay well for part-time, offer great time off. Most flexible job I have ever had. It give a chance to be around different people and situations everyday. You are basically the manager of your own little company. Great leadership and bosses that work with you. Great 401 k option.

ConsThe only thing is that you have to have another job or a trust fund to survive. I just wish it was full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and maybe consider expanding your merchandisers to full time. I think you would be pleased with the result and it would not really cost as much as you would think.

If you like flexibility and to set your own schedules then this is not for you but if you like reliable paychecks & work

ProsLots of accountability and lots of training when start with company and continues on going, toys are a fun product to merchandise.

ConsNo flexibility in schedule or times to work, no evening and even though part time, must work every day so it is only part time regarding total hours but they are spread out over a person's week so hard to do other work. Micro-managing is common place. And have to sign in at vendor log, then must get every in store project logged for time and a manager must sign which causes a loss of credibility for the merchandiser and managers even question each project versus start and end of shift...they want you to have responsibility over the store as your own, hours are set for you and then they treat you like a child with all of the required signatures. It is awkward for store personnel and the Hasbro rep because it is as if there is no respect from own corporate office.

Amazing company with a fun environment!

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Pawtucket, RI

ProsSupervisors are extremely interested in helping interns get the most out of their internship
    Great experience in a fast paced environment and working as a part of a team
    Great environment

ConsNot a great deal of formal training

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good place to work

Prosgood compensation plan and good people

ConsTemp assignments get renewed on the day before it ends

Advice to Senior Managementplan your strategy better

Great place to work

ProsGreat context as it is toy industry.

ConsSalaries are on the lower side.

Excellent company,but the office I work at is a disgrace!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsChristmas week off; Half-day Fridays. Most of the people are super nice, collaborative and focused on mentoring and partnering. Top management at HQ is accessible even when I work in a regional office. Latin-america is doing very good in terms of numbers.

Cons-The Hasbro-Miami office is not aligned with HQ in terms of culture and values.
    -The top two managers at the Miami for Latam have created a toxic environment in the office that is affecting negatively not only the morale of the people but also the performance. Most of the staff is demoralized to the point where it's just a 8 to 6 job for them rather than being excited about working at a company that makes a difference and that cares about its workforce. The worst of the kind I have ever seen.
    -Backstabbing, bullying is permitted since it comes from the top management in the office all the way down.
    -Senior Management lacks the ability to make decisions. Lots of talk of caring about employees and their opinions but in reality top management doesn't want to hear criticism.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the Top management of the company, you should reprimand the heads of this office and align them with the corporate culture values of the company. This office is in the US not in Mexico where they can treat people like their servants. Treat people with respect, not as cheap disposable toys. With no solid prospects for the next few years and a bleak outlook in a stagnant industry, know that being good to your people is key to fueling a creative culture to perform well and innovate. Stop the in-fighting and focus on the business.

A great place to work that could be even better with a few small changes

Project Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) Pawtucket, RI

ProsGreat atmosphere to work in; Flexibility to move to different teams throughout the company; Learned a lot about the development of consumer goods while here

ConsBecause there was so much flexibility to move to different teams (pro), there were a lot of team changes and learning curves to overcome when new people came (very often)- added to this is the fact that every team here does things a little differently (more than would be expected), so there is sometimes confusion on how things should be done.

Love Merchandising for Hasbro

Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility and Challenges everyday. Great people to work for and awesome company. The longer you worked there the better it was.
    always made the employee feel important

Consthere were no cons ,

Great place to get experience, not the best place to help you grow

ProsI've met amazing people who are great at what they do. You're always on your toes as each toy season there are new projects and new product to promote.

ConsFrom day one I was told that "if you want to make a competitive salary for the field you are in, you must leave the company and come back at a higher position".

Working there was unnecessarily difficult.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHalf-day Fridays; on-site, discount toy shop; Christmas week off; liberal work-from-home policies; genuine regard for employee safety and wellness.

ConsFrequent, puzzling layoffs; a "Hurry up and fail," quasi-committed senior management attitude; little regard for process or best practices; employees are frequently pigeon-holed in dead-end roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop re-imagining, start imagining.

Worked for Hasbro? Contribute to the Community!