Hasbro Reviews

Updated August 17, 2014

3.5

Hasbro President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner
Brian Goldner

Pros
  • They have a work week that is half day Fridays and the hours are made up Monday-Thursday (in 21 reviews)

• Many different brands to work on (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Employees who do the work have little to no value on projects they take on in management's eyes (in 4 reviews)

• Hasbro is more reactionary than innovative due to the conservative senior management team (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good stuff is happening!

I have been working at Hasbro

Pros

There are a lot of people here who want to move the company foward, and it can be a very inspiring place. This can also be a con, since priorities can change at a moment's notice. Either way, no two days are the same. The people overall are great, as are the half day Fridays year round. Salary and benefits are good.

Cons

The hours can be long and the stress can be high, but I don't think that is any different than any other Global company. Some times you just have to have an early or a late call to get people from all around the World.

Continue to keep communicating with the employees, it has been great to know what is going on.

Almost killed me.

Former Employee - Product Development
    Former Employee - Product Development

I worked at Hasbro full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's a lot of history at Hasbro, and I respect their decision to stay put in Pawtucket. And I had a good salary...

Cons

...but if you worked it out to hourly wage, I wasn't doing much better than when I worked at Kinko's. Long, long hours, with the expectation of being glued to a Blackberry. Short-sighted management, focused only on movie-toy tie-ins or desperately trying to breath life into the old standbys -- little interest in developing new storylines, games, or toys.

Best of luck.

Fun place, bad morals.

I worked at Hasbro full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Half day fridays, good cafe, fun environment.

Cons

The integrity of the design of the toys is completely ruined by marketing having all the power in each team. Management is so worried about coming up with the latest and greatest thing but sometimes that can be restricted by a $14.99 price point.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Tax Internship Experience

Former Employee - Domestic Tax Intern  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Domestic Tax Intern in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern I was exposed to various facets of tax accounting. You aren't just given busy work, they really want to expose you to what it is like working in the tax department of a public company.

Cons

Supervisors do not always provide the best feedback. I wish reviews were more detailed regarding progress. Also, they do not offer full-time positions to recent grads, you have to have worked at a CPA firm first.

Corporate-lite atmosphere with some great perks from a CEO, who wants to keep his employees happy!

I have been working at Hasbro

Pros

Flexible work schedule with half day Fridays all year round. Plus 1 week off after Xmas. Fun activities for the employees. Creative business clothes accepted. Managers encourage employees self improvement and learning.

Cons

Layoffs happen every six months and directors can't be honest about it. Most front line managers have little to no experience managing people and some got promoted through politics. They have to many temps/contractors. Currently, morale is at an all time low due to the huge Feb/March '13 layoff.

More management education for frontline leaders and directors. Keep working on company culture, boosting morale, and promoting internal employees. Have more professional hiring logistics. Work on HR reps/partners to give good career advice to their employees to push them along their path rather than making them feel interrogated for wanting a better role/job with in the company.

Fun, enthusiastic

Former Employee - ATI Intern  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - ATI Intern in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Play with toys every day, half-day Fridays, occasional company events, just outside Providence

Cons

The Pawtucket area leaves a lot to be desired.

merchandiser

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Los Lunas, NM
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Los Lunas, NM

I have been working at Hasbro part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good pay for the work

Cons

not enough hours per week

Temps are the middle child of the Hasbro family.

I worked at Hasbro as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Worked with a great team. Staff and freelancers have it made.

Cons

It's in RI. Temps are treated like slaves.

Not everything is an emergency.

Fickle, irrational, Hasbro is the definition of job insecurity for most of the staff I met.

Former Employee - Product Designer  in  Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Product Designer in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting work, good for your resume. Fridays are a half day, but you more than make up for it by working longer and harder Monday-Thursday and working from home.

Cons

A very tense environment to work in. They ramp up and ramp down employment based on poor insight and decisions. Hasbro uses a LOT of contracted employment and then cut the people loose just before or right at the end of their contract. Some freelancers they flirt with hiring for years and years stringing them along. DO NOT MOVE TO RHODE ISLAND THINKING HASBRO IS A LONG TERM EMPLOYER their history and actions say otherwise. Since the moment I started the other employees quickly expressed their day to day job insecurity.

Get rid of the people making the poor decisions at the top not the talented staff working hard to deliver the product.

Interesting Work

Former Employee - Intern  in  East Longmeadow, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in East Longmeadow, MA

I worked at Hasbro as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Playful employees (play games during lunch), time for personal projects, free pizza Fridays, relaxed corporate culture

Cons

Disorganized, constantly felt I was asking for work when there was none, inefficient

Better planning and organization, more innovation

Worked for Hasbro? Contribute to the Community!