Hasbro

Updated December 17, 2014
3.6

Hasbro President and Chief Executive Officer Brian Goldner
Brian Goldner

Pros
  • I liked the half day Fridays, the toy store and the week off at Christmas (in 23 reviews)

• Early release on Fridays year round (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • People stay in the company for many years resulting in very old senior management (in 7 reviews)

• Employees who do the work have little to no value on projects they take on in management's eyes (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

I have been working at Hasbro

Pros

Great context as it is toy industry.

Cons

Salaries are on the lower side.

Very confusing and miscommunicated company

Former Employee - Information Technology in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Colleagues on my team were very friendly, half day Friday's, discounts at the toy store

Cons

Upper level management would not care to listen to you or try to help you out in certain predicaments

Listen to lower coworkers. They sometimes see more out in the field than you might

Excellent company,but the office I work at is a disgrace!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Hasbro full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Christmas week off; Half-day Fridays. Most of the people are super nice, collaborative and focused on mentoring and partnering. Top management at HQ is accessible even when I work in a regional office. Latin-america is doing very good in terms of numbers.

Cons

-The Hasbro-Miami office is not aligned with HQ in terms of culture and values.
    -The top two managers at the Miami for Latam have created a toxic environment in the office that is affecting negatively not only the morale of the people but also the performance. Most of the staff is demoralized to the point where it's just a 8 to 6 job for them rather than being excited about working at a company that makes a difference and that cares about its workforce. The worst of the kind I have ever seen.
    -Backstabbing, bullying is permitted since it comes from the top management in the office all the way down.
    -Senior Management lacks the ability to make decisions. Lots of talk of caring about employees and their opinions but in reality top management doesn't want to hear criticism.

To the Top management of the company, you should reprimand the heads of this office and align them with the corporate culture values of the company. This office is in the US not in Mexico where they can treat people like their servants. Treat people with respect, not as cheap disposable toys. With no solid prospects for the next few years and a bleak outlook in a stagnant industry, know that being good to your people is key to fueling a creative culture to perform well and innovate. Stop the in-fighting and focus on the business.

A great place to work that could be even better with a few small changes

Former Employee - Project Engineering Co-Op in Pawtucket, RI
    Former Employee - Project Engineering Co-Op in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Hasbro as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in; Flexibility to move to different teams throughout the company; Learned a lot about the development of consumer goods while here

Cons

Because there was so much flexibility to move to different teams (pro), there were a lot of team changes and learning curves to overcome when new people came (very often)- added to this is the fact that every team here does things a little differently (more than would be expected), so there is sometimes confusion on how things should be done.

Love Merchandising for Hasbro

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser

I worked at Hasbro part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility and Challenges everyday. Great people to work for and awesome company. The longer you worked there the better it was.
    always made the employee feel important

Cons

there were no cons ,

Great place to get experience, not the best place to help you grow

I have been working at Hasbro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've met amazing people who are great at what they do. You're always on your toes as each toy season there are new projects and new product to promote.

Cons

From day one I was told that "if you want to make a competitive salary for the field you are in, you must leave the company and come back at a higher position".

Working there was unnecessarily difficult.

I worked at Hasbro full-time

Pros

Half-day Fridays; on-site, discount toy shop; Christmas week off; liberal work-from-home policies; genuine regard for employee safety and wellness.

Cons

Frequent, puzzling layoffs; a "Hurry up and fail," quasi-committed senior management attitude; little regard for process or best practices; employees are frequently pigeon-holed in dead-end roles.

Stop re-imagining, start imagining.

Learned a lot despite the environmental factors.

I worked at Hasbro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked on great products that align with the motto of making you smile.

Cons

Lack of diversity and how to deal with it. Very intense workload.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Hasbro

Pros

Friendly environment where employees are devoted to their work and the growth of the company. Half day Fridays are a great perk.

Cons

Moving from a temp to permanent role is a difficult process.

I am an 8 year full time employee

I have been working at Hasbro

Pros

The people are super nice, collaborative and very focused on mentoring and partnering. The environment is fun and the company tries too ffer programs to balance all aspects of the employee's life.

Cons

Deadlines can be tough. Change is constant which is difficult for some people.

Continue to keep the communication lines open...the employees have great ideas and can make huge contributions.