Hastings Direct

Hastings Direct Reviews

Updated November 27, 2014
Updated November 27, 2014

CEO

Very friendly, a business that is striving to succeed

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Built on 4 C's (Colleague - Customer - Company - Community) the firm is a Corporate but it has a family business feel to it.

You can't get lost in the numbers like you can at some of the massive corporations out there. There is no hiding place but if you have the right skills for the job that you are employed to do then you will be noticed, you will be progressed and you will have fun.

With 1500 employees in Collington, nr Bexhill this is a no brainer if you live local. Why travel to T/Wells, Brighton, Ashford etc if you live local.

Investment in staff is high on the list here, you can tell that management want people to succeed and not just have a job but a career.

In the near 7 months of working here I have seen first hand that people want to be part of their own and the businesses success.

CEO is visible, roadshows are done 1/4ly and we (staff) are keep up to date with development, challenges and opportunities to enhance our skills/education and career prospects.

Cons

The service industry isn't for everyone. Customer Services, Sales and Retention is, as is the rest of the business, busy! It's not going to suit everyone.

Keep on doing what you are doing, listening to your staff and making the improvements that you can. 2015 is going to be great for existing staff, their career paths will be massively improved and I for one an proud to be helping to make a difference.

Led by cowboys

Current Employee - Call Centre in Bexhill, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Call Centre in Bexhill, England (UK)

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can't think of any, however call centre staff are great

Cons

The leadership team are a buy out team all concentrated on one sole purpose of screwing the customers and staff over for as much profit as poss

Sell up and allow a team who really care about the customer and staff to run this enterprise

Too much focus on upselling

Current Employee - Customer Representative - Sales in Ringwood, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Representative - Sales in Ringwood, England (UK)

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great money for reading a script. Hours are varied, people are all great. I don't work at HQ, but for an outsourcing company on the Hastings Direct campaign.

Cons

Everything is about targets. During training you get taught that the customer comes first and everything, but as soon as you're on the phone, it's all about the targets. Non-advised company but they're as pushy as they can get away with. I feel like a robot sometimes. Management all quite young and inexperienced.