Hastings Direct Reviews

Reset
3.6
CEO

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Learning and Development Designer in Bexhill, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Designer in Bexhill, England (UK)

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time

Pros

I have been with Hastings for 3 years and in that time I have have been promoted to a new position 4 times. Great place to work if you want a career rather than just a 9 - 5 job. The company looks to rewards hard work and show recognition for colleagues achievements.

Cons

Parking can bee difficult , if you are not arrive early you will struggle to find a space and will have to park on the road. However from what I understand this soon to be rectified.

Advice to Management

Keep helping our colleagues to succeed and to progress through out the business and make this a an even better place to work.

2. Customer Representative

Current Employee - Customer Representative in Bexhill-on-Sea, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Representative in Bexhill-on-Sea, England (UK)

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Hastings Direct for around 8 months and I am really enjoying it. The company is growing very quickly and you feel like you are really making a difference. The support from your team is also brilliant.

Cons

It's very busy within the contact centre. Sometime it can also be different to park if you are on a later shift.

3. System Administrator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bexhill, England (UK)

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a fantastic atmosphere, which gives you a real buzz. We're small enough to feel like a family, but big enough to make an impact, so it feels very rewarding working for a company that is going places. The company cares for its colleagues and customers in equal measure and management efforts work in tangent to do the right thing by both. Working here is energising, fun, challenging and exciting - it's the best job I've ever had!

Cons

Career progression is readily available, but you need to be clear in the direction you want to go. If you remain undecided you may end up staying exactly where you are. The company promotes bravery, so colleagues need to communicate their career goals to progress.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to colleagues, as their insight can be invaluable. Keep up the good initiatives to make this one of best places to work.

Hastings Direct is a friendly place to work

I have been working at Hastings Direct

Pros

Hastings Direct is a brilliant, adaptable and friendly company to work for. With the rapid growth there are many opportunities to side step and move up within the business.

Cons

Bonus incentive - it would be worth working towards if it was a little higher.

Car parking - not enough spaces for the amount of employees at the Bexhill site.

Advice to Management

Recognise those who are quiet about their success. It seems the loudest are the ones who get rewarded.

6. Concentration camp

Former Employee - Multi Skilled Agent
    Former Employee - Multi Skilled Agent

I worked at Hastings Direct

Pros

Money money money money money

Cons

Time management is ridiculous they monitor when you are on and off the phone they ask you to explain every second of your day. Managers do not have a clue someone's lower paid staff have to help them. Promotion if your face fits, they have changed one of there values of the best place to work to ambitious. Concentration camps are probably given more freedom

Advice to Management

Do your job yourself

7. Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bexhill-on-Sea, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bexhill-on-Sea, England (UK)

I have been working at Hastings Direct

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly staff and really good bonus possibilities.

Cons

Not much opportunity for progression

Advice to Management

Better bonus structure

Very friendly, a business that is striving to succeed

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Built on 4 C's (Colleague - Customer - Company - Community) the firm is a Corporate but it has a family business feel to it.

You can't get lost in the numbers like you can at some of the massive corporations out there. There is no hiding place but if you have the right skills for the job that you are employed to do then you will be noticed, you will be progressed and you will have fun.

With 1500 employees in Collington, nr Bexhill this is a no brainer if you live local. Why travel to T/Wells, Brighton, Ashford etc if you live local.

Investment in staff is high on the list here, you can tell that management want people to succeed and not just have a job but a career.

In the near 7 months of working here I have seen first hand that people want to be part of their own and the businesses success.

CEO is visible, roadshows are done 1/4ly and we (staff) are keep up to date with development, challenges and opportunities to enhance our skills/education and career prospects.

Cons

The service industry isn't for everyone. Customer Services, Sales and Retention is, as is the rest of the business, busy! It's not going to suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing, listening to your staff and making the improvements that you can. 2015 is going to be great for existing staff, their career paths will be massively improved and I for one an proud to be helping to make a difference.

9. Led by cowboys

Current Employee - Call Centre in Bexhill, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Call Centre in Bexhill, England (UK)

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any, however call centre staff are great

Cons

The leadership team are a buy out team all concentrated on one sole purpose of screwing the customers and staff over for as much profit as poss

Advice to Management

Sell up and allow a team who really care about the customer and staff to run this enterprise

10. Too much focus on upselling

Current Employee - Customer Representative - Sales in Ringwood, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Representative - Sales in Ringwood, England (UK)

I have been working at Hastings Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great money for reading a script. Hours are varied, people are all great. I don't work at HQ, but for an outsourcing company on the Hastings Direct campaign.

Cons

Everything is about targets. During training you get taught that the customer comes first and everything, but as soon as you're on the phone, it's all about the targets. Non-advised company but they're as pushy as they can get away with. I feel like a robot sometimes. Management all quite young and inexperienced.

RSS Feed </> Embed