Hatch Mott MacDonald

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nicholas DeNichilo

Good Company

Specialist II (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly, willing to train, growth.

ConsDon't value college degrees as mush as other companies.

Not a very friendly place to work

CAD Designer (Current Employee)
Monroe, LA

I have been working at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best reasons are the pay and benefits

ConsNot enough training nor good working environment

Advice to Senior Managementlook at people and not at numbers.

While being employed at HMM, I am exposed to a myriad of projects relating to the water treatment aspect

Engineer III (Current Employee)
Millburn, NJ

I have been working at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWe work in project teams. The project managers are amazing teachers. The company is ambitious with learning new technology to help the growth of the business and the individuals.

ConsNot available at this time. I think the company is doing a good job in reorganizing its structure and implementing ways to help their staff grow and further the business

Good salaries and excellent benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSalary, healthcare, no micro-management, very flexible to employee work and life demands. Projects were interesting and challenging. Management was supportive of the employees.

ConsWorkload not steady with frequent downtime. Infrequent knowledge of what was going on in the company or possible new projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication needed on current and upcoming projects.

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time

ProsBigger company with many resources, this includes staff with experience along with software and programs to meet the different discipline demands of many clients. The company has an interest in its employees. The company also has many locations if one likes to travel.

ConsFor smaller jobs there is a a decent amount of internal paper work.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire less paper work for smaller jobs than for bigger jobs.

Experience varies depending on the location

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than 5 years

ProsChallenging work, variety of projects, benefits

ConsYou go nowhere without a champion backing you up. The official company motto is to get the right person for the project every time, regardless of division lines, but the reality is that it really depends on the leadership approach of the particular office you work in. HR is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive better training to your leaders so that they can actually lead properly.

Run!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than a year

ProsNobody knows or cares what you're doing unless you screw up.
Most of the employees have little or no experience, so job security is great.

ConsNobody knows or cares what you're doing unless you screw up, so if you're really good, you get no recognition at all unless you have your nose up someone's rear end.
Terrible compensation. I'm paid about half what I can make at a different company.
Managers with no clue how to manage people.
Managers with no clue how to run a business.
Business development with no emphasis on resource quality whatsoever. We definitely get what we pay for at HMM.
Your work goes with you at all times.
HR is of no use whatsoever.
Most of the resources are amateurs at best. You cannot rely on people because they don't know what to do.
Amateurs constantly arguing with highly experienced professionals about how you manage projects and create deliverables. The kids are emboldened by our naive leadership and don't know their place, at all.
No mentoring unless you are a kid.
Dead end career unless you luck out and kiss rear ends.
Project managers with no engineering degrees, and some without college. In fact we have senior associates with no engineering degree. They have no business running engineering projects, but hey, they work hard and don't require fair compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent management of my division is hopeless in my opinion. It's a fraternity of clueless people.

Stable company

Manager (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits are good and they are financially stable experiencing growth every year. There are a offices throughout North America providing options for living in any part of the country.

ConsUpper management seem to have different rules and advantages than mid to lower level staff. There are more frequent promotions in upper level staff than low to mid level staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the company is growing each year, you should consider giving larger percentage raises to low to mid-level staff than upper management receives, who are already making so much. The same percentage for upper management is significant, but not so for lower salaried workers.

Great place to work

Scientist II (Current Employee)
Millburn, NJ

I have been working at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than a year

Pros-Management (ENV Sub-Division)
-Diversity of Projects
-Helpful co-workers

Cons-Slow career advancement
-Salaries for non-engineers not competitive with similar positions at other companies
-Little feedback on quality of work

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand that project managers, vice presidents, etc. don't have much free time on their hands, but I believe a more concerted effort should be made when it comes to providing feedback to employees. Also, salaries for non-engineers within the company are much less competitive when compared to similar positions at other companies than the engineers. I understand that an engineer deserves a higher salary than that of a scientist for example; however, I feel that the non-engineers within the company get slighted salary wise.

Interesting place to work

Civil Engineer III (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hatch Mott MacDonald full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of young people in the office.

ConsIt's been very slow since I started work.

Worked for Hatch Mott MacDonald? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hatch Mott MacDonald reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hatch Mott MacDonald CEO Nicholas DeNichilo. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Hatch Mott MacDonald employees.