Havas Worldwide

www.havasworldwide.com

Havas Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014
Havas Worldwide – New York – “Main entry area”

Not yet rated.

Havas Worldwide Global Chief Executive Officer Andrew Benett

Andrew Benett

Pros
  • There are some great people who work here(in 5 reviews)

• Great people and direct supervisors(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management doesn't know or care to know what goes on day to day(in 8 reviews)

• Communication is extremely poor between upper management and the "worker bees"(in 8 reviews)

Good people, disorganized management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA lot of very smart and talented people who will do what it takes to get the job done. Very generous PTO policy. Decent benefit - Health, dental, vision etc. Little perks like being able to expense your parking and meals on late nights, casual and friendly environment - and lots of parties in the office.

ConsFrequently comes down to getting the job done by whatever it takes , but the organization doesn't seem to learn from past mistakes.

Best company party!!

Senior Copy Writer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou have the freedom to do what you need to get the job done without feeling obliged to stay ridiculously long hours.

ConsThe management style is not great in that people who don't know how to manage end up in management positions and the company is generous with certain things but tight-fisted about other things.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people in your company that work hard and everyone likes because they will give you an honest assessment of the good and bad things about the company and sincere proposals for fixing the bad things.

Strategic account team work and clients who allow for true agency partnership

ProsMost dedicated, hardworking, non whining team I have ever worked with - we try to enjoy what we do!

ConsManagement and process can be a challenge, but find every agency has it's issues.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fine if you don't care about what you work on

Digital Production Artist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt's generally not a bad environment for a studio person. Pretty typical advertising world stuff. Studio do get paid overtime so we have that going for us. The people are pretty cool to work with and that does make a huge difference.

ConsNew business is an absolute disaster. Worst I've ever had to experience. It's like they are literally surprised every time there is a pitch. Outside of one major account there is no process or organizational structure.

Great group of people to work with!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFrom Senior management down to operation brand ambassadors, everyone is very friendly and familial. Execution for brand experience initiatives is second to none!

ConsIf you work outside of the Chicago office, resources are limited and sometimes hard to get time with key members of the team.

Great people and on the way up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEveryone at Havas Worldwide is great. The office space is really nice and modern with the open floor seating plan which helps you to meet others you may not work with.

ConsLarge work load though that could just be the team

Bait and Switch

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsMost of the people are nice, and have a lot of heart. The creative is good. Nicely located in tribeca

ConsLiars. Bait and Switch. A traditional agency, that is trying to evolve into digital, but are not set up for that type of medium and it's very inefficient and frustrating. Their process is stone age. Open lay-out with terrible music playing on speaker ALL DAY AND NIGHT, literally. I've worked through the night a few days in a row and the music never shuts off. It's hard to concentrate among the music and the 5 feet of table space you get for a desk. Account driven. Last minute work all the time. Disorganized, and would rather stay that way because it "works" rather than breaking out of their comfort zone and joining the rest of evolved agencies in this city

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a damn about your employees, and learn to manage your clients. You are going to lose your best talent if you don't.

Strange

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou can do literally nothing and no one will care

ConsCEO would regularly send out emails demanding that people work harder, put in more hours, help with new biz which had all the subtlety of the horns sounding on the titanic. Yet there were many days when I had nothing to do and was told to just bill it to new biz - no wonder they had financial troubles. Sr peeps on my team delegated everything to jr staff and then spent hours facebooking, online shopping and gossiping. You could easily see on their computer screens that they weren't working. what a joke

Advice to Senior Managementwake up

A sinking ship...

Middle Management (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Some great co-workers
    - Funky office space
    - Easy commute (at least for me...)

Cons- Upper management cares little for its employees, little to no support
    - Upper management is reactive rather proactive.
    - Behind the times with regards to software, hardware, management style.
    - Low compensation / salary
    - Pitiful raises and sparse bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementRunning a company is more than just worrying about the bottom line. Client needs are just as important as employee needs. Just saying "YES" every time the client wants something, is no guarantee that the client will stay, or even like you. Try building partnerships. (You aren't serving fast food...)

Over worked and underpaid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood benefits, some nice people

Consno work-life balance, expected to work long hours without compensation. No raises, not even cost of living

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge hard workers

Worked for Havas Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!