Hawk Ridge Systems

4.0

Dale Ford

Best Job Ever

I have been working at Hawk Ridge Systems

Pros

Fun, competitive, and limitless earning potential

Cons

There are cons with any company but nothing worth mentioning

I am a relatively new hire.

I have been working at Hawk Ridge Systems

Pros

First of all, a company is about people in my opinion. I haven't met a single person that hasn't made every effort to make me feel not only welcomed, but that I'm a valuable part of the team. SolidWorks is a great product, and this company is practicing what they are preaching, which is really important to me.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say so far. No company is perfect so I'm sure that things will come up, but I have a good feeling that if I do have any gripes, they will be addressed.

Thanks for instantly making me feel welcomed and valued.

Lots of opportunities at this company

I worked at Hawk Ridge Systems

Pros

You are able to make a lot of money

Cons

Would be nice to have better retirement package

401 K Match!

Good experience for a couple of years but don't expect great pay or culture.

I worked at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry level sales experience. The pros are if you get in with the right crowd you can be content to make okay money. If you can find deals on your own you can do well. 8-5 job!

Cons

You better be a self starter because outside of a couple of sales people only the engineers really know what the software does. Office culture is a good ole boy mentality. If you are not in the in crowd you are on the way out. There are similar jobs out there that pay more so look around. Pay is below what is out there.

To many people in management. Everyone seems to have a manager title. Many do not inspire. If you need something get ready to beg. Treat your people better than that.

Smart company. Well-run company.

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The only limit to your success at this company is you! If you are talented & hard-working, you will reap the benefits. The company has GREAT APPRECIATION for star employees. They pay well. Pay VERY well as you advance & show your value to the team.

Cons

I wish they would match 401k contributions, but I think that will happen in due time. Company is growing rapidly!

Keep-up the good work! Steve, Dale & Sheree are great owners & super people.

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We get to work for a great company selling an awesome product and have the opportunity to make good money along the way. I'm not sure you could ask for more then that. When I first started I was told their was a career path and opportunity for advancement from within. I was only here a few month's and I already got a promotion and have had another one since.

We work very hard but we play hard as well. We are a large company but it still feels small. I work in Southern California and we have a great working dynamic down here. We also still get to work closely with people from other regions and have company events which are a lot of fun.

Our management provides us with all the tools that we need to be successful. If you enjoy being challenged to constantly get better, learning and making good money this is a great place to work.

Cons

Honestly I have had numerous sales jobs and this is by far the best one I have ever had. I can't think of any cons.

Their is a great career path here and we are in a position to continue to grow as a company. My advice would be to continue that path.

Be Part of a Great Sales Team

Current Employee - Sales in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work Hard, Be Rewarded...you're selling a great product, one that has the most users within it's space & working for the #1 worldwide re-seller - it's a no-brainer. Take direction well/be a good listener, it's hard now to succeed here. Numerous employees with 10+ years of experience here, if you are able to take advantage of these resources, you will move up in your career & make more money. Pretty much an 8-5 gig, so good work/life balance.

Cons

You will not have your hand-held ramping up here. If you don't require this, can think outside the box, have thick skin, and stick to what is most important (SELLING!) - you will flourish.

Keep it Up

Two years with the company and I am very pleased with the atmosphere.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hawk Ridge has experienced a lot of growth before I came to the company and has continued to grow since I have been here. Since I have been with the company many new products and opportunities have been rolled out. These new products and services allow for my further personal development within the company. Hawk Ridge is still a family owned company and they do treat their employees like extended family. The team environment in each office is above average in my opinion.

Cons

With any company that experiences a solid amount of growth year after year there will be some growing pains involved. This can create small bumps in the road for certain business arms at Hawk Ridge. Management does do a good job of evaluating these changes as they are rolled out and makes the appropriate adjustments as needed.

With offices spread across two countries and multiple locations throughout the US, Hawk Ridge serves a lot of different businesses, industries, and specific markets. The onboarding and training process may not be one size fits all for all locations. Training and the sales process should be better catered to each geographical location.

A Learning Experience

Former Employee - Reseller in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Reseller in Oakland, CA

I worked at Hawk Ridge Systems full-time

Pros

SolidWorks is an interesting product, with fascinating customers and generally a really intelligent community of users and developers. Should you have the right connections or timing you could do pretty well for yourself for a year or two in the right territory with the right products. Some awesome employees are really great and intelligent. There are some entertaining people and personalities that work there.

Cons

The culture is very exclusive, you are either "in" or on your way "out". In Oakland/Orinda there is a very old school mentality, and the fringe benefits are nonexistent. Few paid holidays, and it's scary how much the place is like "Office Space" only more unbelievable. If you like your employer to truly care about your well being, this is not the place for you. The nicest thing they do for employees is an occasional trip to the local burrito joint. There is no gratitude, and they reward success with a higher quota, for no increase in compensation. The most worrisome fact is that this is a reseller, and as such they really are not in control of their own destiny. Some things, like family, are more important than work, however, not here. Expect to work everyday other than the day of Holidays.

Lead by example. Obviously, you should listen to your employees, and make an effort to share in the success.

Good Learning Experience

I worked at Hawk Ridge Systems

Pros

Good work life balance. 8-5. Good compensation for expected work.

Cons

Not a lot of career movement as this is a mostly service/sales role. Compensation is somewhat low compared to if you went into engineering design.

Hawk Ridge Systems Response

May 10, 2014HR Manager

We have added numerous products in the last year and are growing like crazy - there will be lots of growth!

Hawk Ridge Systems Photos