Hayneedle

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.2

Jon Barker

Pros
  • There is a sense of respect for work/life balance throughout the ranks (in 8 reviews)

• I love the atmosphere in the work environment at Hayneedle (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay could be slightly better and no 401k match (in 6 reviews)

• No 401k match, and salaries are lower than average (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great team, always striving to be better, accountability, casual dress, great culture, great CEO.

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time

Pros

I love working here. We work hard and play hard, great team chemistry. The introduction of Agile management style has improved the atmosphere as well. This benefits year we will have the option of going with an HSA, a welcome first, especially for our younger employees with no dependents.

Cons

No 401(k) match is a bummer.

Please start working on the 401(k) match, even if it's small. Something is better than nothing.

Solid company heading in a positive direction

Current Employee - Facilities Specialist in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Facilities Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A youthful, energetic team coupled with great balance of work and life creates an extremely comfortable, thriving environment. Hayneedle does a good job of celebrating many different holidays/events. Whether it is just firing up the BBQ for Hammock's Day, competing in the annual golf outing or having a friendly game of bean bag toss in the lot, it is all about creating a fun, positive workplace. Additionally, leadership does a good job of maintaining accountability for company initiatives but also great job recognizing and rewarding the team on our accomplishments.

Cons

No 401K matching, somewhat competitive insurance, somewhat competitive salaries.

Continue to recognize the teams potential and provide recognition accordingly. Continue to let fresh, creative ideas provoke new ways to evolve the business.

great place to work.

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good atmosphere & great managers.

Cons

SO FAR NONE TO LIST.

good culture, no job security

I worked at Hayneedle full-time

Pros

Great company culture, friendly co-workers, excellent work-life balance

Cons

Regular layoffs every few years, no 401k match, salaries are low when compared to similar jobs in the market.

Invest in your people to develop loyalty. Hayneedle has been turning into a revolving door company simply because other companies provide better packages.

Micro-management and nepotism

I worked at Hayneedle full-time

Pros

The culture was laid-back and fun. Casual dress. Don't have to punch-in to a time-clock. Some of the people are really great.

Cons

Micro-management is very high in some departments. Implemented a productivity tracking program when our department was already understaffed by 20%. Working from home is frowned upon. The "stars" of each department are the only ones given opportunities, even if they don't have the bandwidth. If you're not a supervisor's darling and don't dedicate your life to your work, you won't move up in this company. No 401k match, and salaries are lower than average. The bonuses are a joke. Definitely getting more corporate.

Distribute projects and opportunities equally. Study more progressive work policies and keep an open-mind.

Cookiecutter McJob

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Advocate in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Advocate in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I started with the company they had a desire to be different and serve the customers with exceptional customer service. Over time the emphasis has understandably changed to a sustainability model, but if the current restructuring is successful the two need not necessarily become mutually exclusive.

Cons

Now they want to be no better than a big box retail store and management manages to their bonus structure rather than business needs. Management restructuring, recent demotions due to 'business needs,' and an increasingly hostile attitude towards the employees in the call center from the rank and file in the corporate office makes prospects for promotion look poor at best.

Actively review processes even after they are in place.

Really enjoy working at Hayneedle.

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hayneedle has a very laid-back atmosphere, casual dress, great people, dynamic environment (if you're on the right team), the past few years we've had summer hours where we can leave at noon on Fridays, and great work life balance.

Cons

Pay could be slightly better and no 401k match.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, flexibility, and people.

Cons

No 401K match, becoming more "corporate" than it used to be, lower than average salaries.

Add 401K match

Smoke & Mirrors

Current Employee - Merchandising in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Merchandising in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Hayneedle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some really good people I work with. They are smart and hard working. Having a casual dress policy is nice.

Cons

The pay is not good considering the hours they want us to work. And we are now expected to do even more with the same salary. Everything is about the bottom line and so now they are changing our bonus structure. They do claim transparency but it's really just smoke and mirrors.

Spend a little bit of time delving into what your senior level management (some execs even) are up to. Lots of underhanded tactics. Morale was low around here before the lay-offs and now it's even worse.

ZERO job security

Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Hayneedle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some of the people are nice

Cons

this company has changed names three times, twice while i was employed - and on both occassions they went through lay offs, of which I was impacted. there is a reason people at all levels are leaving this company, not only because there are better opportunities and companies out there, but there is zero job security. people in the highest of positions are unapproachable. human resources does not have your back. too many changes in leadership.

quit laying people off