Haynes Furniture

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
2.2

Kurt M Rosenbach

I love working with the public

Former Employee - Sales in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Haynes Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The challenge and rewards and the beneifts

Cons

getting to know the customers and what they want

they were very helpful in you setting your goals

Decent start for a college graduate but the pay could be better.

Former Employee - Merchandising in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Merchandising in Newport News, VA

I worked at Haynes Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depends on the position you hold there but in the merchandising area the hours were great & the people were great. You get a discount on furniture.

Cons

Upper management likes to micromanage & they place people in management who have no business being there. They don't promote within much so not much room for advancement. The pay could definitely be better. Human Resources is Very one-sided when there are any employee issues & they don't keep things confidential.

Give the employees incentives to work there. Learn to promote within instead of bringing clueless people into management.

Work for free

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Haynes Furniture (more than 3 years)

Pros

One Sunday off every 4 weeks. Some decent people.

Cons

Many paychecks you work for free. Once in the hole (draw) it is very hard to get out again. To many sales people on the floor to make your quota so you land in the hole and you actually pay the company to work there. Management does not know how to motivate, all they do is threaten people to loose job if not making the goal, so besides owing money you also loose your job. Favoritism to certain sales consultants getting the good sales. Dishonesty at all levels.

Hire qualified managers, treat employees equal.

Sales associate! Bad experience / no work ethics/dishonest

Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at Haynes Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Met some Great people / my work experience was over 8 years ago...can't say I have had anyone tell me things have changed

Cons

Ethics (NONE), dishonest , customer service non existence ... Pay verse hours worked...questionable!

Care more about your employees and the product you have them sell.

In this service of job in this company of Haynes furniture, I was doing almost all service of handy job as workman

Current Employee - Warehouse Personal in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Personal in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Haynes Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For me it was justly to learn different domain of profession and I had learned also and I always counted to learn more about different profession what are my goals in all services which are in front my tasks of job. In the Haynes furniture, I controlled warehouse job, I helped also customers to find the real product to buy and I cleaned store as housekeeper and organizing rugs department with the rugs which was in sale. I labored in all services of department in this company and every years I contributed helping company in the works of inventories general of store.

Cons

By the way, it's a company which has not ability to save of employers long time in the work, they liked threatening employers how they wanna.

I don't have advice to give office management and I thought, they are entered following policy company rules.

Chaotic mess

I worked at Haynes Furniture

Pros

Opportunity to work with a wide array of people and learn the in-and-out of how the business works.

Cons

Supervisor was unwilling to delegate work and offer proper training. HR and supervisor had two different opinions on how the job was supposed to work, and that led to a lot of confusion about how certain aspects of work life were to be handled.

Properly staff departments to allow for workers to have a manageable work load. Ensure new employees are properly trained and have adequate work stations.

I controlled almost all handy job, I served cleaning department included warehouse job and in interior of store.

Former Employee - Retail Job in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Retail Job in Richmond, VA

I worked at Haynes Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked there as simply worker, but what I have souvenirs, I learned this domain of job, furniture work . I was working in the warehouse as warehouse personal with all services which was in the warehouse included working on floor of store in the projects to decorate store and moved furniture within of store as merchandise handle to locate new furniture arrived in the store.

Cons

It's a company doesn't have good benefits of employers.

They are okay, you know any one saved are work.

Furniture company experiencing financial instability...

I worked at Haynes Furniture full-time

Pros

Some of the employees of who have been with the company for a long time were wonderful to work with.

Cons

Management decisions made by family (owners) turn on a dime. A lot of internal power games between management of different departments occur. Negativity is rampant within management. Company focus is Advertising.

Rethink employees in management who are not team players and have negative attitudes towards others in management within your company. Look at training your on-the-floor Sales Team and provide them with a sense of being part of the company and an understanding of the goods they are selling and the target markets. Listen to the complaints made by your customers and fix key areas of complaints.

independent contractor

I have been working at Haynes Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

self work schedule, self work area.

Cons

too much overtime, too much imprecise rules

get your hands on the job

Interesting experience.

I have been working at Haynes Furniture

Pros

People are great and they care about each other. It is family owned business and it is common to see people who have been at the company for a long time.

Cons

The furniture business is pretty tough in this economy so things can be slow. The company will have to advertise a lot to get people in to the stores.