Haynes International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Haynes International President, CEO, and Director Mark M. Comerford

Mark M. Comerford

Intern learned a lot about corporate environment!

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay as an intern - very safety oriented company - room for growth

ConsCorporate was a bit stuffy at times - unnecessary meetings

I enjoyed working at Haynes.

Coordinator of Titanium Materials and Office Manager (Former Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsThe department I worked in was like a family. My boss was very receptive to my suggestions. I was able to take the lead and do my job without being micro-managed and was rewarded for the work that I did.

ConsThe posting of jobs outside of the company when the management already knew who they were going to put in the job that was open did bother me. As someone that knows what it is like to be searching for a job, I felt this was unfair to outside job seekers. I know it was policy but it still waste time and money as the managers still had to interview the outside job seekers knowing full well they were not going to hire them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop doing this.

Tuff time with the USW and delivery to customers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arcadia, LA

ProsThe GM is awsome and trying to change the culture.

ConsThe Union and the amount of OT hourly employees work. 7 days a week 12 months a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your polical ways. Stop working against each other and start work together. Many lives are at stake.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay scale is decent but salary employee respect is lacking.

Supervisor (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

Prosdecent pay scale
    decent benefits
    interesting processes

Consdealing with the union employees
    poor working conditions
    very old and outdated technology
    lack or respect for salary employees from management

I loved working there, great

Safety (Current Employee)

ProsWe have great people working at Premera; We focus on staying on top of the industry as it changes and being proactive vs reactive; We focus on being a Green company; We provide good benefits; There is generally a good work life balance, compared to working at for profit companies, or publicly traded companies

ConsWages are slightly below market, but the overall workweek is smaller than at a publicly traded company which makes the equation work out. There is a lot of company pride for past accomplishments (coming out of a near bankruptcy) that stalls the ability to speak honestly and openly about current problems at the department, division or even the company level.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have great people working at Premera; We focus on staying on top of the industry as it changes and being proactive vs reactive; We focus on being a Green company; We provide good benefits; There is generally a good work life balance, compared to working at for profit companies, or publicly traded companies

Worked for Haynes International? Contribute to the Community!